Aug 22 2012
By: DrakeShepard Uncharted Territory 1162 posts

The Major Issues With Hunter Mode - Please Support

[ Edited ]
21 replies 515 views Edited Aug 25, 2012

Now I understand that almost everyone hates the Co-op Hunter Mode (myself included) and it is the least played mode. I only play it just to get the treasures to complete sets. People dislike this mode because they say it's 'broken'.  Well I'm going to break down what the real problem with it is.

1. Unfair Loadouts and Health

The Villains suffer the most from this mode as they start of with a pistol and very low health. The Heroes have access to power weapons, have the ability to have all MODs on their weapons, have kickbacks, can use boosters and much higher health. All which the Villains side don't have. Where is the fairness in that? No just because there is more than one soldier around doesn't give the excuse. They're all light soldiers to begin with. Very little armored soldiers.

2. Capturing is Destroying

I never understood why a large yellow disc would explode from the chest killing everyone around the Heroes when an Idol was placed, it makes no sense. The Heroes are at an advantage anyway if they scored. How come this doesn't happen in Gold Rush in Co-op Arena? 

The one very big downside in scoring is that you automatically have your kickback ready even if you had 0 medals for it. You can actually STACK UP your kickback. I had 3 Cluster bombs lined up ready to use. The first thing that comes to mind? OVER-POWERED! In the beta I remember how stacking up kickbacks in competitive was the most complained about, yet they fixed it but not Hunter.

3. Respawn Times Uneven

As the Villains have lower health, they die more (obviously) but they should at least get the same resawning seconds as the Heroes, instead they have to wait a little longer. This gives the Heroes more time to capture the idol. Why do the Heroes get to respawn much quicker? Personally I think it should be the other way around because the Heroes get the opportunity to be revived anyway. 

4. Treasure Drops Hardly Exist

Sometimes I wonder do treasures even exist in this mode. All the other game modes have been fixed to increase treasure drops, all except Hunter :facepalm: Please increase the treasure drop rate as I want to finish some sets. Even when I do get treasures, it's just cash which is absolutly pointless to have in a co-op mode.

5. Please Add the Joining Feature

When an opposing team quits Co-op Hunter after playing a long time, the entire match ends with you (after getting a treasure or a lot of cash) losing everything gained. This is a waste of time then for players if this keeps happening. Also if your teammate quits, you're on your own for the entire match which clearly predicts that you're not going to win.

At least put in a joining game option for this.

NaughtyDog, why would you leave such a potential game mode to waste?

Y U No - y u no  fix hunter Naughtydog

Message 1 of 22 (515 Views)
Wastelander
746 posts

Re: The Major Issue With Hunter Mode

Aug 22, 2012
unlucky medals. Seriously, unlucky in Hunter Arena? Are kidding me?
Message 2 of 22 (511 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Aug 22, 2012

As far as I'm concerned, this game mode sleeps with the fishes.

I think ND already gave us the old "technically impossible to add late joins" speech anyways.

Message 3 of 22 (500 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1162 posts

Aug 22, 2012

iStiv wrote:

where did you see that? did you get that?

Message 4 of 22 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Aug 22, 2012

DrakeShepard wrote:

iStiv wrote:

where did you see that? did you get that?

Yes you get unluckies in Hunter.

Message 5 of 22 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Aug 22, 2012

DrakeShepard wrote:

Now I understand that almost everyone hates the Co-op Hunter Mode (myself included) and it is the least played mode. I only play it just to get the treasures to complete sets. People dislike this mode because they say it's 'broken'.  Well I'm going to break down what the real problem with it is.

1. Unfair Loadouts and Health  It happens both ways so it is fine.

2. Capturing is Destroying ^

3. Respawn Times Uneven ^

4. Treasure Drops Hardly Exist But when they are, they are rare. Would not mind an increase though.

5. Please Add the Joining Feature Confirmed not to be happenig due to 'technical limitations'.

Message 6 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2111 posts

Aug 22, 2012

iStiv wrote:

And Just Cash.

Message 7 of 22 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6715 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Actually, the game can get pretty unfair for the heroes as well. I mean the villians do have a little army on their side. It can get as difficult as Co-op arena crushing in hunter at times, taking on a buncha guys + 2 players can be deadly.

I've had some hunter games where e managed to constantly kill the heroes for the whole 5 minute round, sure it resulted in them ragequitting...as usual... but villians don't have it to bad.

Just remeber, the heroes also have NPCs to deal with besides you, your characters are pretty silent so it is easy to get stealth kills, the sawn-off is OP, and there is only 2 of them.

I do agree that the mode is still broken, since I feel like whichever side gets the advantage early on, basically won the match since it is almost impossible to make a comeback in this mode.

Feet
Message 8 of 22 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3998 posts

Aug 22, 2012
The major issue with Hunter is that it is an absolutely terrible game mode. Probably the worst i have seen in any game, ever.
Message 9 of 22 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2012

It's thread like this that I appreciated more than whiny threads going around. Mainly due to valid points and collective thoughts before making a thread like this one here.

0 Likes