Splicer
71 posts

Re: The M9 is the king of ease of use

Sep 3, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I knew this **bleep** would happen. People complain about the gmal so much that they want it to be on "equal terms" with every other gun, but in all actuality they just shifted the "balance" of power to another weapon, to another "crutch" for people to rely on.

exactly. 

Message 21 of 40 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Sep 3, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

People complained about blind fire so it was nerfed out the arse...then the forums thought it was a brilliant idea to bring it back.

Blindfire was barely nerfed. It wasn't brought back. Just nerfed so little the first time that people started blindfiring more and more ever since a month after that patch.

I knew you'd find something to **bleep** argue about even though I don't even want to.

But the blind fire cone was reduced, the accuracy was reduced, and the movement speed was reduced... that's "not much?" 

Also, not brought back?  Blind firing was huge before they started dropping the stopping power numbers and now it's all I **bleep** see since the only gun with stopping power is the M9...which is funny because blind fire actually causes stopping power as well...

I can't wait for your 'well see according to this and that blah blah blah and this that happened then blah blah to therefore I am right and will continue to misconstrue everything until I sound right" response... which I will not reply to. 

Message 22 of 40 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7586 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

People complained about blind fire so it was nerfed out the arse...then the forums thought it was a brilliant idea to bring it back.

Blindfire was barely nerfed. It wasn't brought back. Just nerfed so little the first time that people started blindfiring more and more ever since a month after that patch.

I knew you'd find something to **bleep** argue about even though I don't even want to.

But the blind fire cone was reduced, the accuracy was reduced, and the movement speed was reduced... that's "not much?" 

Also, not brought back?  Blind firing was huge before they started dropping the stopping power numbers and now it's all I **bleep** see since the only gun with stopping power is the M9...which is funny because blind fire actually causes stopping power as well...

I can't wait for your 'well see according to this and that blah blah blah and this that happened then blah blah to therefore I am right and will continue to misconstrue everything until I sound right" response... which I will not reply to. 

Of course if someone doesn't agree with you they're just trying to argue. Grow up (mentally, I don't care what your actual age is).

If you read the actual patch notes from back then you'll see what they actually nerfed.

• First off they actually buffed the turn radius of blindfire in the blindfire "nerf" patch. Try to tell me how that's twisting the truth.
  • They only reduced the vertical lock on first of all. Horizontal lock on (the one you use to hit people that are next to you) wasn't touched at all.
  • Then you look at the blindfire speed reduction. It was reduced by 15%, but then the stopping power added in also applies to blindfire, so you can blindfire someone you are chasing and slow them down more than enough to compensate for the run speed reduction.
  • The blindfire accuracy of the M9 was reduced by 10% but we all know that the hasn't curbed the M9's effectiveness at blindfire even close to enough.

Stop complaining about people not agreeing with you. That's life buddy.

Message 23 of 40 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Sep 3, 2012
ND turned this game into a M9 fest... Period.
Message 24 of 40 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 3, 2012
I want my g mal back smileysad
Message 25 of 40 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 3, 2012
I agree it was **bleep** easy to use but then so is the m9. My gun usage was originally m9 then I moved to the gmail because " if you can't beat em, join em" now have gone back to the m9 after 1.13. Funny thing is my kdr hasn't changed one bit. I was at 1.19 before the patch then I dropped to 1.17 while trying to use the new g mal now back up and stabilised at 1.19. Conclusion - the m9 is just as easy to use as the g mal was ( I don't really blind fire either, I got out of the habit with the g mal and haven't gone back) I just enjoyed playing with the g mal more
Message 26 of 40 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Sep 3, 2012

What can I say, I have to absolutely agree on ALL points mentioned in the OP, and I'll post my opinion on the matter.

Truth be told, I was an M9 user before 1.13 and I used to love this gun since we had G-MAL users who can kill me even with the M9. But now, I switched to my G-MAL because I simply miss someone killing me with that gun.

There's just no-one using the G-MAL and do good with it. The recoil **bleep**ed this gun up, add the **bleep**ed up aim assist and you have a nerfed-to-the-core gun. It's pretty much useless; M9 is better in mid-range AND long-range. Yes, LONG range.

I've had people killing me with M9 (Rof and base) from across the map and they may have also got a Long Ranger with their M9 as well, it's just that accurate.

All what Uncharted 3 now is the M9. I even wrote on my PSN comment UC3 = M9 fest, and countless friends agreed with me that the G-MAL shouldn't get a recoil increase, because now the M9 has nothing to counter it. The game is basically a classic mode (with exceptions to a few things, like Kickbacks and PowerPlays) but with an M9 and Para 9.

I absolutely hate it. Absolutely. And I'll just propose a solution:

DONOT nerf the M9, buff the other weapons. Period. The FAL is ok. But the G-MAL and the AK are not. We need to get them on par with the FAL and the M9. I'm tired of the constant nerfing, just buff the two other weapons. Please.

For the G-MAL, it's pretty simple, decrease it's recoil to a manageable level. It should have pre-1.13 recoil (pretty much non-existant, as it's should be able to kill people from long-range) or just abit higher than 1.12 level recoil.

As for the AK, tighten the bullet spread abit more. 10% would do, just make it abit more consistent. I've tried using the gun, and it's just inconsistent. At all. One match, I can do so well, the other going negative. (Not so negative, but you know what I mean..)

And maybe decrease the M9's blindfire accuracy further, that way we'd be closwer to balance as all main guns are good enough. And we can have alittle more variety.

Just one more thing: Baby steps, ND. Baby steps. The lack of baby steps is what destroyed the G-MAL (I'm using it right now by the way, and can do well but it's pretty inconsistent WITHOUT Accuracy, and I refuse to use Accuracy to have abit lower recoil). Just buff the G-MAL and the AK and nerf the M9 a slight bit. SLIGHT.

Message 27 of 40 (257 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14510 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Actually... I'd consider the M9 to be the most logical well designed gun there.

The other guns are just broken due to the immense recoil. should have stuck to the Uncharted 2 model, if it aint broken don't fix it.

Message 28 of 40 (245 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

Actually... I'd consider the M9 to be the most logical well designed gun there.

That's right, that's why I want other guns to be buffed.

Message 29 of 40 (236 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Sep 3, 2012

This is why I use M9 on Co-Op.
Way more easier to use than other guns.

But I prefer using G-Mal on competetiv modes because it requirs alot skills to beat a blindfiring M9 on hand to hand combat.
Blindfiring M9 noobs has become pretty common thing when they nerfed the stopping power..

Message 30 of 40 (235 Views)
0 Likes