Splicer
71 posts

Re: The M9 is the king of ease of use

Sep 3, 2012

yes everyone is running around with a M9 now... I dont run into gmal users much anymore. 

Message 11 of 40 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 3, 2012
The reason that the M9 is the most used weapon is because it is good at both aiming and blindfiring. All other weapons are hard to use in general,but the M9 is kinda easier.
That said, i have no problem countering M9 users at all,even the ROF users since the last update.M9is not OP. However, it does need a further hipfire accuracy reduction IMO .
There will always be a most used gun in a game though, always .
Great post
Message 12 of 40 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2224 posts

Sep 3, 2012

rapha_333 wrote:
The reason that the M9 is the most used weapon is because it is good at both aiming and blindfiring. All other weapons are hard to use in general,but the M9 is kinda easier.
That said, i have no problem countering M9 users at all,even the ROF users since the last update.M9is not OP. However, it does need a further hipfire accuracy reduction IMO .
Great post

They need to nerf Blindfire Accuracy in general for all guns.

Message 13 of 40 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Asraik wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:
Great post

They need to nerf Blindfire Accuracy in general for all guns.

I know, but especially and most importantly for this weapon, the 10 % barely did anything 

Message 14 of 40 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1438 posts

Sep 3, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

Now I'm not asking for any balance changing whatsoever. Just giving some food for thought. Please do not take this thread in the wrong direction or as me complaining, because I'm not.

Many moons ago, there used to be countless threads about the G-MAL/FAL-SS. Threads ranging from outright whining to coherent and well made. However, a lot of the content at the time for both guns was about how easy they were to use to kill people. And of course, that's why they were the most overused weapons for their time.

One gun has always been kind of overshadowed by them, until now of course, the M9. No, this isn't about its rapid fire mod. The base M9 is what this is about. The base M9... let's take a trip back in time, to happier times.

The summer beta. Does everyone remember the M9 in that? Some people said it was better than the AK-47... and this was true, until you threw in RoF AK-47. Anyway, not talking about balance here or whatever but the M9 in the summer beta had a much slower rate of fire than compared to now. While it had the same damage as it does now, the rate of fire is much higher. It used to be slower. The damage made sense with that speed it shot at. It was pretty fair, especially since it didn't have recoil then as well (and still doesn't now). Nobody really complained about it, except only when compared to the abse AK-47 but that, again, is a different topic.

After playing with the M9, base M9, for the last few days (after not using it for months) with the G-MAL less present I've come to the realization that this gun is way, way, way, way easy to use. Now again, you all know me for solely using the AK-47 (exception on Oasis/other long range maps), so switching to the M9 again after like... 7-8 months (last I had used a loadout with it) it's quite a stark contrast.

Obviously I had to adjust a little bit. But the adjusting takes very little time. Once you realize you don't have to really adjust your reticle for recoil, everything's pretty... easy going. I was playing pretty similar leveled players as I have always been, you know, legacy 3 and above doods. And... I was getting scores like 18-7, 24-4, 16-7, etc. and this was without friends most of the time (especially today, holy **bleep** lol).

Today alone I was able to hit Gold using up all my 10 tickets because of the base M9. Something I probably wouldn't be able to do with the AK simply because of its inconsistency (mostly referring to its recoil in certain situations).

The bottom line is, the rate of fire mod isn't the only thing about the gun that makes it what it is. I aliken it to the UC2 AK-47 except without the same damage. Why is a gun like this okay to exist when ND had tried so hard to make the AK-47 a more close-mid range gun? The M9 does every range pretty amazingly, to be honest. It's hard at longer ranges, sure, but it's doable and when it happens it doesn't feel very rewarding at all... because you realize there's no recoil on this gun.

Like I said, I'm not asking for any changes. I'm just pointing out, the way the M9 was made is why we have any problems with it in the first place. It was like ND wanted the AK-47 from UC2 but didn't want the AK-47 itself to be that gun this time around. They had to create a different gun to fill that "all-around" role the AK-47 took in UC2 and frankly, it's not awesome.

It's no wonder you see Level 1s (who now have access to Spyder's M9) favoring Spyder's M9 to the AK-47. It's no wonder you see this gun around in every match, period. It is because it is far too easy to use, with its only disadvantage being damage. Which isn't much of a disadvantage at all when you consider its many other advantages.

So. Just wanted to say that. Again, not asking for any changes. The M9 is, in general, a silly gun. Lol.

Edit: Basically, I think it's silly that the M9 is the only gun in the game that has no recoil and ND tried so hard to make every gun have recoil, to make them feel different from each other. The M9 feels no different than the UC2 AK-47 other than damage. And that is why, it is a silly gun with the RoF mod.

Had they kept the same slow rate of fire it had in the summer beta, I don't think without recoil it would be as silly as it is. But the fact it has both no recoil AND a good rate of fire (plus the mod itself that makes it fire faster even more) makes it really, really silly.

M9 has been always my main gun.

My PS3 has YLOD -_-
Message 15 of 40 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012
It's a jack of all trades if you will. I used to always use Flynn's M9 (my only unlocked one), but I've recently switched over to the event AKs, and the pirate AK. I just like the AKs additional stopping power and 1 less bullet to kill. People have their own good guns. Most noobs go M9, and some people stick with it. Others go for the FAL, GMAL, or even the sniper (which is pretty fun.) Each gun has their own strong point, and it boils down to personal preference and play style. Snipers aren't going to rush everything like a KAL user. Thanks for specifying you don't want any changes, but I think all guns are fine. I just love my pirate AK giving the GOML hammer to Blindfire rushers.

Message 16 of 40 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Personally, I believe the reason the M9 is so overused is due to its high versatility. It has the second highest base ROF after the KAL, amazing blindfire potential, and no recoil making it superb for long med-long distance fights. Even with the ROF mod, the M9 has negligible recoil and is easily controlled. This in no way means the M9 is overpowered, but other guns just aren't capable of keeping up.

The AK has higher stopping power, but it's not consistent due to lag, making it subpar to the M9 in every way. The recoil on it also makes aiming from further away difficult, making the M9 again a superior choice. Maybe if the AK had a slightly higher ROF or less bullet spread/recoil, it would be able to keep pace a bit better. But that's just my two cents.

Message 17 of 40 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6795 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Would you like to know why everyone is running around with an M9 right now?... One reason is obviously RoF, but the other is... blindfire blindfire blindfire blindfire blindfire blindfire blindfire blindfire blindfire blindfire.

The M9 is the most balanced gun in the entire game, minus the RoF mod and it's blindfire.

When people ran around with the FAL originally, it was because it was boom your dead. Then with the GMAL it was boom your two bursted from almost any range. The M9 does not fall into that category unless you equip RoF, but people still love using it because of blindfire, and the people who use RoF with it love it's blindifire capabilities.

Did I mention blindfire ruins this game yet? Just in case I didn't, blindfire ruins this game. I don't mean the act of not aiming, I mean the fact that it locks on and that's just plain stupid.

Message 18 of 40 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Funny thing is, we all wanted the gmal changes...then suddenly the gmal was just "over the top"

People complained about blind fire so it was nerfed out the arse...then the forums thought it was a brilliant idea to bring it back.

I haven't been around the forums much, but the M9 now disgusts me. I haven't played in quite a while but the M9 disgusted me last I played.

The M9 now has easily the highest stopping power (blind fire slows people as well), people can peg people from across the map with m9s, and when **bleep** hits the fans just blind fire! It's crazy how right I was. Right when the gmal got nerfed the game became a m9 fest. Everyone spraying and praying their **bleep** off. I was watching my nephew play the other day and was absolutely disgusted at the amount of m9s I saw. He was getting pinned down by m9s on london streets and took cover and one of the enemies just ran up blind firing and just kept walking (gun pointing opposite direction just walking like he knew he was going to get the kill without effort) just walking right over the top of him and killed him. Where the hell is the skill in that?

I knew this **bleep** would happen. People complain about the gmal so much that they want it to be on "equal terms" with every other gun, but in all actuality they just shifted the "balance" of power to another weapon, to another "crutch" for people to rely on.

Seems almost like it's not even about balance anymore, just people wanting to put on RoF, clip size and strap a rubber band to their R1 button and put a chair on the analog stick and have the game kill for you.
Message 19 of 40 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6795 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

People complained about blind fire so it was nerfed out the arse...then the forums thought it was a brilliant idea to bring it back.

Blindfire was barely nerfed. It wasn't brought back. Just nerfed so little the first time that people started blindfiring more and more ever since a month after that patch.

Message 20 of 40 (197 Views)
0 Likes