Feb 13 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3721 posts

The Cancelled Tournament

11 replies 386 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

As some of you Co-opers may  already know, I had a great Tournament planned.

This Tournament was created just before my previous Tournament ended.

It went through so many phases and stages and finally ended up being scrapped. This was mainly down to my availability.

There were going to be 10 challenges in all. They would have been unqiue, challenging and more fun than my previous 5 challenges in my Tournament.

The Tournament was going to be a 2 player one and be called "Co-op Tournament 2 Players Edition".

The 10 Challenges included:

• Syria Carrier
  • Middle East Feast
  • Airport Support
  • Uncarted Departed
  • Cold Rush
  • Dark Drake Rises
  • Chateau Shadow
  • Crisis In Oasis
  • Fire Bending
  • Stone Cold

^All these challenges were MUCH tougher, that's why I decided to make it 2 players. They were also extremely fun and unique in their own way and focused on different elements in Co-op and maps, just like my previous challenges in my 1st Tournament.

There were also bonus skill points/medals available in each challenge and brand new exclusive never before seen features too to add to the excitement. It was literally going to be BIBLICAL!!

Sadly, time is not on my side, and this beautiful Tournament I have planned will never see the light of day. It's frustrating to just keep this vision in my head and to myself, so I thought I'd share it with you potential candidates on what could have been.

I had everything planned, but unlike before I wont be available to "jazz it up" and also commit to recording everyones challenges and working hard behind the scenes.

Now, IF time does decide to favour me in the future AND TLOU Co-op is similar to Uncharted in some way, then may be a updated version of all those challenges above may some day resurrect and blow you away.

Let's all share a moment sighness

*SIIIGGGHH*

Message 1 of 12 (386 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Re: The Cancelled Tournament

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Ali,

We'll see.  Maybe the Co-Op in TLOU stinks.  But if it is good, then I will support you in helping you get that vision off the ground. 

How long would this event run? 

Message 2 of 12 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Feb 13, 2013

ah that's a shame.....but, i hope that you rule out this as NEVER being able to happen.  With faith anything's possible!!

Keep it on the back burner, Ali!!!

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 3 of 12 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Feb 13, 2013

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Ali,

We'll see.  Maybe the Co-Op in TLOU stinks.  But if it is good, then I will support you in helping you get that vision off the ground. 

There was initially 4 challenges, (Middle East Feast, Airport Support, Syria Carrier and Uncarted Departed) They would've been 1 week challenges. The other 6 were always there and would've been included in my weekly event and there 2 more which I haven't mentioned which would've been 12 in total and woudl've lasted at least till TLOU came out.

Let's see if this Tourney/Challenges were destined to come into fruition!

Message 4 of 12 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Feb 13, 2013

tjw22pm wrote:

ah that's a shame.....but, i hope that you rule out this as NEVER being able to happen.  With faith anything's possible!!

Keep it on the back burner, Ali!!!

We'll see what happens TJ, if all things being equal then in an ideal world this Tourney will some day be made and have it's rightful paticipants.

Message 5 of 12 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Feb 13, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Ali,

There was initially 4 challenges, (Middle East Feast, Airport Support, Syria Carrier and Uncarted Departed) They would've been 1 week challenges. The other 6 were always there and would've been included in my weekly event and there 2 more which I haven't mentioned which would've been 12 in total and woudl've lasted at least till TLOU came out.

Wow, I'm amazed at your creativity Ali, with putting a new spin on/playing the game a different way than probably anyone else would think to do.

Message 6 of 12 (323 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Feb 13, 2013

tjw22pm wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Ali,

Wow, I'm amazed at your creativity Ali, with putting a new spin on/playing the game a different way than probably anyone else would think to do.

Cheers TJ, I would have ideally love to work work on the Co-op ideas side for ND (if that was even possible) as I have some really great ideas on how to make something fun and challenging. If ND could awad trophies or medals or some in game rewards for completeing my challanges then I'm sure more people would get involved.

Message 7 of 12 (315 Views)
Wastelander
353 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I love the names you come up with for your challenges. Very creative stuff, Ali.

Message 8 of 12 (283 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 13, 2013
my face when i saw the name of the post:

:''''''''(

Message 9 of 12 (279 Views)
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Feb 15, 2013

What you could do is tell us what all the challenges would have been so we can still play them and have fun just not in a tournament sadly. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 12 (222 Views)
0 Likes