Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: That explains a lot...

Feb 27, 2013

After The Last Of Us is released Uncharted 3 will have no one left to fix it. It hurts that 2-10 people destroy one of my favourite titles.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 31 of 38 (382 Views)
Fender Bender
2852 posts

Feb 27, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

"Naughty Dog says it is still committed to offering updates to the Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience, maintained by a two-man development team."

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/uncharted-3-multiplayer-goes-free-to-play-available-today-on-th/

No wonder we have to wait 4+ months for a single patch. They were able to crank out patches much faster during the Summer beta (TU 1.01 says hi!).

It makes it understandable why this game is going downhill so fast...

but still, some things could be fixed easily, but they ignore it, take hipfire for instance (of course I am the one to bring that up), usually it takes a lot of tweaking to balance it all out, but we don't have the LAB for nothing, just remove the auto-lock system (that must be relatively easy even for just a two-man development team), and then look at the feedback on the forums here and adjust things when nescesary, but instead they work of their butts for 4 months to add colors and more tournament prizes, wasted effort if you ask me...

Message 32 of 38 (368 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Feb 27, 2013

This makes it even more insulting then that they say they can't afford to make more things free, because it's not like the money they continue to make off U3 has to support an entire continued support team! They only have two people working on this..... 

No wonder they can't even balance weapons that well. They only have two people to discuss it with each other. Can you just imagine the only two people at ND who work on U3 playing a custom together and one of them has an M9 w/ RoF and the other has an AK. They shoot at each other playing 1v1s and go off of that for their decisions... -_-

Lol so also Naughty Paws events are essentially like: Here come play with the ENTIRE Uncharted 3 support team.

This kind of goes with what I've mainly been feeling, which is that the ones actually working on U3 aren't the ones screwing us over, but whoever is making the business decisions up top. Like we need you guys to make hats, and a tournament we can sell tickets for, and also we can only allow the two of you to work on this and sorry everyone else is gonna be working on our other projects. Whoever THAT is, is the one who has been giving us the shaft. :smileyindifferent:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Message 33 of 38 (363 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Feb 28, 2013

ND hahahaaha.png

Hahahahahahahaha that's funny.

---------------
I am real super sand legend!
Message 34 of 38 (281 Views)
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

UC2 had minimal support at the end of its deveopment lifecycle and its still going solid and strong even now.

This game on the other hand was a train wreck from the beginning due to poor engineering and testing, it wouldn't matter how many are maintaing it now. ND has abandoned the ship and moved on to their next bet.

Sometimes I just wonder how the heck did they pull off  UC2, were they just being lucky? Anyway I hope TLOU be their redemption otherwise things would be irrecoverable for them.

Message 35 of 38 (215 Views)
Wastelander
620 posts

Feb 28, 2013

At least we know. Have high hopes for TLOU though.

Message 36 of 38 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
370 posts

Feb 28, 2013

itscommplicated wrote:

UC2 had minimal support at the end of its deveopment lifecycle and its still going solid and strong even now.

This game on the other hand was a train wreck from the beginning due to poor engineering and testing, it wouldn't matter how many are maintaing it now. ND has abandoned the ship and moved on to their next bet.

Sometimes I just wonder how the heck did they pull off  UC2, were they just being lucky? Anyway I hope TLOU be their redemption otherwise things would be irrecoverable for them.

Uncharted 2 isn't still going solid and strong. There are lots of parties in Uncharted 2 with the ''leprechaun technique is a legitimate game design'' running around in plunder.

Besides that everyone is able to glitch into every wall they want with the 360 tech, or cornerbreaker.

Or even use the 3 booster glitch and freeze glitch..

Uncharted 2 stopped going strong during the psn outage. And I don't blame the hackers for hacking psn, but I do blame them for ruining Uncharted 2 a few months too early.

Message 37 of 38 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 1, 2013

The few UC2 glitches are all hidden, and they had never became an out-of-control issue. I actually played some UC2 lately and the game is simply sweet. I never had to worry about how the game runs itself. I just ... play.

whereas UC3, oh well...  we all know what a techinial mess the game has been since it launch

Message 38 of 38 (157 Views)
0 Likes