Sackboy
385 posts

Re: Team Objective and You: The Ultimate Guide

Jul 12, 2012

20,000 characer limit... is there a way to bypass this? Is it possible for a Mod to remove the restrictions from this post?

Message 21 of 79 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

Jul 12, 2012

phillip_maxwell wrote:

20,000 characer limit... is there a way to bypass this? Is it possible for a Mod to remove the restrictions from this post?

Nope, it's what screwed my stuff over so you will just have to deal with it until they do something about it (or if they do anything about it).

0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Slaynman wrote:

phillip_maxwell wrote:

Nope, it's what screwed my stuff over so you will just have to deal with it until they do something about it (or if they do anything about it).

I can't think of one benefit to having a character limit. What a waste. Any ideas? Not much I can remove, and tons more to add.

Message 23 of 79 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Just put it in multiple posts, with a link to those posts in the original post.

Use the first post as an Index.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 24 of 79 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 13, 2012

scootgar wrote:

Just put it in multiple posts, with a link to those posts in the original post.

Use the first post as an Index.

I suppose that'll have to do.

Message 25 of 79 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Re: Team Objective and You: The Ultimate Guide [20,000 Character Limit edition]

Jul 13, 2012

one thing you should really try to add is this:

"if a Hill, turf, chain is being captured by an enemy, try to get in the hill, turf, chain to break the capturing progress even if it risks your life, it will buy your teammates some time to get to the hill, turf, chain. don't just try to kill the enemy who is capturing the hill, turf, chain."

and also, for turf war:

"when you capture a turf, STAY IN THE F@#ING TURF, DON'T JUST CAPTURE IT AND RUN AWAY !!11!!!!!11!" 

it really pisses me off, becuase idoits do it ALL the time whenever I play Team objectives.

boosters to use (for team objectives in genarel):

endurance - in modes like plunder and team objectives, you're always moving, this booster will help you do the job.

back in the saddle - in modes like plunder and team objectives, every second of the match counts, and you'll need to get back on the battle feild quickly to help your team mates. back in the saddle will just do the job for you.

team safe - very effictive if used with kickbacks like mega-bomb or cluster bomb, these kickbacks can be used to clear out hills, turfs and chains.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 26 of 79 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Jul 13, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

and also, for turf war:

"when you capture a turf, STAY IN THE F@#ING TURF, DON'T JUST CAPTURE IT AND RUN AWAY !!11!!!!!11!" 

It depends. If you're in an organised party, stay there, but if with randoms, and you've lost the other two hills..go get them.

Do you feel me?

Message 27 of 79 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Jul 13, 2012

duke_of_platypus wrote:

abbasman47 wrote:

and also, for turf war:

It depends. If you're in an organised party, stay there, but if with randoms, and you've lost the other two hills..go get them.

actually its better to stay in a turf to keep capturing points, if you get outta of it, you stop capturing points, and it might get taken, and you even might fail to capture another turn. so you screwed your self two ways.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 28 of 79 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Jul 13, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

abbasman47 wrote:

and also, for turf war:

actually its better to stay in a turf to keep capturing points, if you get outta of it, you stop capturing points, and it might get taken, and you even might fail to capture another turn. so you screwed your self two ways.

You gain personal points in a turf, but I think they do not contribute to the team score (which is what matters.) As long as they are in your team's possession, the turf will rack up points, whether you are in it or not.

Do you feel me?

Message 29 of 79 (186 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 13, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

Nah man, that's not how it works. Turf War scores points no matter if you or a teammate is standing in it or not; unlike King of the Hill, which requires you to stand inside it. For some moronic reason, though, Turf War awards PERSONAL objective points to those standing inside - but they do not affect the Team score.

Message 30 of 79 (179 Views)