Sackboy
385 posts

Re: Team Objective and You: The Ultimate Guide

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2012

If you want to help, here are a few things I need to get added/documented, off the top of my head:

• accurate timers for every round
  • accurate score limits for each round
  • how many rounds are there total? 5 or 6? when does the game end in a tie no matter what?
  • when to use/when not to use Buddy Spawn
  • more Kickback and Booster suggestions, and where they are most applicable
  • Turf War info
  • more Treasure Hunter info
  • more Marked Man strategy
  • and a big job I want to eventually get done is Hill/Idol spawns for each map - preferably graphics. I can work on that in my spare time, but the actual info would be nice if anyone feels like keeping track. Something like the Co-Op Certification maps, those look really sharp.
Message 11 of 79 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Jul 10, 2012

Your King of the Hill strategy is excellent.

One thing to consider working on, once you have what you're planning done, is a guide for Noobs and Randoms.

Lots of people drop in these game types with no partner, and no team, so what should they be doing, if operating in a  complete vacuum, to aid the side?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 12 of 79 (439 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Jul 11, 2012
Kudos for the guide. People need to realize that Team Safe shouldn't be optional when playing Objective. :/
Message 13 of 79 (401 Views)
Sackboy
609 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2012

Great written guide! I'm a big fan of Team Objectives myself ever since I playing it more often nowadays to help levelling up my boosters easier and getting treasures. On a sidenote, doesn't that glitch when the Mark Man leaves glitch still occur which there's no marked player left in-game? I also wanna ask that if you suicide as Marked Man or TK one, it gives points to the opposing team?

Message 14 of 79 (400 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jul 11, 2012
Great thread.

I would totally help add to it, but I'm nowhere near my computer (or any computer i could provide help from)and I won't be for a while.

Ain't nothin' to it, gangsta rap made me do it.
Message 15 of 79 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Jul 11, 2012

Dude this is awesome! I can't think of anything to add!

I can help with hill locations for some maps. How to describe them without some sort of map would be difficult though. 

Message 16 of 79 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 11, 2012

Icarus_prime wrote:
I also wanna ask that if you suicide as Marked Man or TK one, it gives points to the opposing team?

Good question. I'll add it to my to-do list to find out.

samuelcd1997 wrote:

I can help with hill locations for some maps. How to describe them without some sort of map would be difficult though. 

Cool. I'll try to get one or two done today to give a good idea of how I'm thinking about doing it.

I need to figure out how to indicate all vertical spots as well - some Hills can be captured from above or below, like in Desert Village, which is a great strategy for buying time and preventing the enemy from capturing. If you're hiding above, it takes the enemy a second to realize why they're not capturing the Hill.

And some more screenshots/examples of some bullet points - demonstrating cancelling out the enemy's timer, for example - could provide some nice visuals. Too much text in its current state.

Message 17 of 79 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

Jul 11, 2012

oooh, I like, not a lot of people know how to effectively play objective so it is always annoying when grouped up with random players.

You get a kudos from me if that means anything (probably not lol).

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1374 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2012

Fantastic guide phillip!!! If only the randoms,I play with knew this info Smiley LOL

For KING OF ZE HILL, could you please include the timer for capturing the 1st hill?! I don't think it varies per map, but I Do know it is possible if you have a good team, and getting the max 5 points per second, you can reach the points limit of 200 BEFORE the hill changes locations. I enjoy going for this little challenge. 

It's worth mentioning other points such as

• When you have a buddy, take note of when they die, as they will want to spawn on you most likely. However if you are inside the hill, they cannot spawn on you. Just briefly stepping outside the hill for a second, to let them spawn on you can save them the long run over to the hill, and quickly get back in the action and enable you to quickly maintain high PPS (Points per second) LOL. It is extremely effective if you both do this to this to each other as often as possible.
  • When this is the 1st round of the match, you don't have to worry about kickbakcs like Cluster bomb / Mega Bomb from the enemy team as much, as it is unlikely that they will gain enough medals in time before the round ends.
  • Co - ordinate with your teammates if they have mics, which entry points you / they are defending. Ideally you want to have your camera on at least one entry point to the hill zone. Take in consideration which routes are the most common. 
  • When you need to fight your way back inside they hill, the fastest way isn't always the safest way. It may be worth taking a few extra seconds going around a less used entry point to get the jump on them. 
  • It might be worth waiting a few extra seconds for backup from teammates too.
  • You need to calculate how many enemy players are inside the hill before you go in. Watch the score, if it's not counting points no one is inside the hill. Likewise a score that is going 0,2,4,6,8,10, has 2 players in it, 5,10,15,20 has 5 players inside the hill. Use this to your advantage, to best time and make the most outta your kickbacks such as MegaBomb / Cluster Bomb etc.

Hope these help  your guide phillip mario_happyYoshi.gif

!Rafe is Bae!
Message 19 of 79 (343 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2012

RandomZach wrote:

tips

Great tips and info. Exactly the sort of stuff I'm looking for. I'll try to figure out the KOTH but it might take some experimenting - but I'd like to know this as well.

For when/if the character limit is removed:

• Like Chain Reaction, a captured Hill's countdown timer will begin immediately when an opponent steps foot inside it. If the countdown timer for your opponent is almost complete, sprint towards the Hill in attempt to step foot inside of it. This will negate the countdown timer and return the Hill to neutral - and a neutral Hill is always better than an enemy Hill.
  • While in a Hill that your team has captured, take note to see if Your Buddy is Trying to Spawn on You. The reason he is unable to do so is because Buddy Spawn is disabled inside of a Hill. If no enemies or grenades are near, it is worth it to briefly step out of the Hill to let your Buddy spawn - this keeps him from running across the map to get back to Hill, and will add valuable points per second to your total score.
  • If it is possible to do so in a timely manner, wait for your teammates can back you up before you attempt to rush an enemy Hill. Ideally, the 5 man strategy above is in place.
Message 20 of 79 (327 Views)
0 Likes