Highlighted
Sackboy
385 posts

Boosters and Kickbacks

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

boosters and kickbacks.PNG

Effective Boosters - Slot 1

• Endurance is a good Booster for getting places quicker. Team Objective is all about movement, and Endurance helps accomplish this by getting you to the Hill, Turf, Idol, or Marked Man swiftly.
  • Explosive Shell Expert can be useful to clear out Hills or Turfs with an M-32 Hammer or RPG-7.
  • Beast Mode is only useful in Treasure Hunter. Using Beast Mode enables you to move quicker with the Idol during this round. You may want to keep this tucked in a separate Loadout to use when Treasure Hunter rolls around.

Effective Boosters - Slot 2

• Team Safe is perhaps the most valuable Booster for Team Objective and it should be a default Booster for any serious Objective player. Team Safe has several advantages for every round. In Treasure Hunter, Team Safe is essential for the Idol Bearer. Your enemy will try to lob grenades at you from afar - with Team Safe equipped, you will never drop the Idol, adding precious seconds and points to your score. In Deathmatch, the last thing you want is to accidentally cause a teammate's death, which will be recorded as a free kill for the other team if you were under fire - Team Safe prevents this. In other modes, the benefits of the combination of the two - no knockdowns and no team kills - are alone worth using the Booster.
  • Power Hunter is useful for finding Power Weapons around the map, which can clear out Hills and Turfs.
  • Back in the Saddle is another great Booster for Team Objective. Every second of Team Objective counts, and your presence in a Hill is especially vital. Use this Booster to get back into the action quickly to help score Points.
  • Bargain can be useful for receiving Kickbacks (see below) quicker.
  • no revenge.PNG

Effective Kickbacks
Kickbacks are great tools for clearing Hills and Turfs in Team Objective, slaying your opponent's Marked Man or Idol Bearer, or helping your team score Points.

• RPG!!! and Hammer Time are classic Kickbacks, and are always reliable weapons to help clear Hills and Turfs. Hammer Time is a little pricey at 12 medals, but the results can be deadly.
  • Speedy G, like the Booseter Endurance, is particularly useful for getting places quicker. Team Objective is all about movement, and Speedy G helps accomplish this by getting you to the Hill, Turf, Idol, or Marked Man swiftly.
  • Smoke Bomb is useful for Marked Man if you find yourself Marked and in a tight spot, but it has known to be finicky.
  • Quick Boom and Mega Bomb can be useful for clearing Hills and Turfs quickly and efficiently.
  • Carpet Bomb is also a great Kickback for clearing out Hills and Turfs. It is also a cheap Kickback at 7 medals, so it can easily be used more than once per round. The key to using Carpet Bomb is to aim your grenade in such a way that the 2 outside grenades "trap" your opponent in between the middle one. Having a wall or edge enclosing one side of the Hill is even better, as it gives your opponent only one way to run.

Message 41 of 79 (373 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Re: Team Objective and You: The Ultimate Guide

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

The Fort: - Team Objective

First off, big thanks to Aeonra for the image. Here is a link to her blog where she uploaded the photos: http://aeonra.ch/tag/map-layout/. I'll admit I did not ask for permission but as I've given her full credit I'm sure she won't mind.

Key:

Chain Reaction hills

King of the Hill hills

Turf War hills

Advised Treasure Hunter spot

Will do more, but not today. It is a shame Aeonra did not upload all maps.

Message 42 of 79 (347 Views)
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Jul 15, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

The Fort: - Team Objective

First off, big thanks to Aeonra for the image. Here is a link to his/her 

Aeonra = She 

Do you feel me?

Message 43 of 79 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Re: Boosters and Kickbacks

Jul 15, 2012

phillip_maxwell wrote:

Effective Kickbacks

Kickbacks are great tools for clearing Hills and Turfs in Team Objective, slaying your opponent's Marked Man or Idol Bearer, or helping your team score Points.

• Smoke Bomb is useful for Marked Man if you find yourself Marked and in a tight spot.

Smiley Indifferent......if it even worked properly.... Smiley Sad..........Smiley Mad

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 44 of 79 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 15, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:
map

Hey, that's sharp. If she had uploaded every map I'd say get permission and use those. I've barely started working and have come up with something like this:

lstreets test 2.PNG

What do you think is better? The map overlay is definitely easier, but I hate to use without permission, and especially if she hasn't done them all yet. The info is great though, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Especially Advised Treasure Hunter spot, that's a great idea. We need Idol spawns too. I wonder if scootgar knows more about that...

Message 45 of 79 (314 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

The map overlay is easier to think from: hey, where would I go after I cap zone 1.  But there's something really cool about the perspective on those images you made.

Can do both?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 46 of 79 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Jul 15, 2012

phillip_maxwell wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:
map

Hey, that's sharp. If she had uploaded every map I'd say get permission and use those. I've barely started working and have come up with something like this:

lstreets test 2.PNG

What do you think is better? The map overlay is definitely easier, but I hate to use without permission, and especially if she hasn't done them all yet. The info is great though, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Especially Advised Treasure Hunter spot, that's a great idea. We need Idol spawns too. I wonder if scootgar knows more about that...

Why not both? Smiley Very Happy

I have sent a message to Aeonra asking for permission. If she says yes I will create some more for the maps she has made.

Message 47 of 79 (302 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 15, 2012

Both works, but I'm also a stickler for consistency. So if she's only got 6 or 7 maps, it might be a good idea to make our own "style," if that makes sense. Does anybody have any maps from the strategy guide scanned in?

I'll play around and see how easy it is to make more graphics similar to those map overlays. For the moment, though, Aeonra's maps will do just fine. Cool! Thanks!

Message 48 of 79 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Jul 15, 2012

phillip_maxwell wrote:

Both works, but I'm also a stickler for consistency. So if she's only got 6 or 7 maps, it might be a good idea to make our own "style," if that makes sense. Does anybody have any maps from the strategy guide scanned in?

I'll play around and see how easy it is to make more graphics similar to those map overlays. For the moment, though, Aeonra's maps will do just fine. Cool! Thanks!

I do have the strategy guide. I could scan them in I guess when I have some time.

Message 49 of 79 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

phillip_maxwell wrote:

I do have the strategy guide. I could scan them in I guess when I have some time.

That'd be awesome. We don't have to use those actual images, but it'd be great help for making our own, if we end up doing that. Thanks for the help.

Message 50 of 79 (288 Views)
0 Likes