Jul 05 2012
By: minidude13 First Son 16 posts

Taunts and Exclamation Mark problem

3 replies 391 views Edited Jul 5, 2012

When I got on Uncharted 3 yesterday to play multiplayer I noticed that there was an exclamation mark beside my taunts. Knowing I hadn't unlocked anything I looked and for some reason, "Dance", "Loser", and "Thrust" were unlocked and I could use them without spending cash (I'm only level 45). Then when I went vack to my profile the exclamation mark was still there. as well the medal thing is happening but I know why it's doing that. Can somebody tell me why I have these taunts already.

Message 1 of 4 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Re: Taunts and Exclamation Mark problem

Jul 6, 2012
According to other threads under multiplayer section, this has been resolved.

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 2 of 4 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2012

Au10tic wrote:
According to other threads under multiplayer section, this has been resolved.

Speaking as someone who isn't a regular here.. With regards to this bug, as well as the "can't earn any booster medals" problem: I have seen "has been resolved" in both these context, yet I'm still affected by both of them.

Does "has been resolved" mean "will be in the next patch"?

Edit: The booster medals issue does indeed appear to be fixed, but the tauts are behaving a little strange. I have previously unlocked and "bought" them all, but some are appearing to me now as puchasable (I just Legacy:ied, but I can't remember having to repurchase them before, and it's only happening to a few of them).

Message 3 of 4 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Jul 7, 2012

This issue occurred because of the new taunts which are going to be added in the new patch (1.13). Live update 1.12.059 had support for the new taunts, even though they were not released yet. It also unlocked certain items to all users (such as the comic con para 9), which it shouldn't have. Naughty dog fixed those issues as well as the boosters not leveling bug in live update 1.12.060 which is the currently live update data.

For those who don't know what a live update is, it's a minor update which is downloaded and applied to your system when you log into Naughty Dog's servers... Well, technically the servers Naughty Dog uses are owned by Amazon. Smiley Tongue Not sure if many users knew that. I found it by simply doing a whois on their server IP, which showed it belonged to Amazon. So they must have purchased Amazon web services for use with Uncharted 3.

Naughty Dog does minor changes such as the addition of the lab as well as numerous other multiplayer changes/tweaks via a live update. It's much faster/easier than releasing a patch for every multiplayer change they make. You know that little progress bar you see each time you select multiplayer, that's the live update being synced.

Message 4 of 4 (363 Views)