Aug 17 2012
By: ryumitch1 Uncharted Territory 1564 posts

Tau Sniper, So Close, Yet So Far...

[ Edited ]
46 replies 532 views Edited Aug 17, 2012

Hey guys, i wasn't expecting to be posting this late on tonight, but i feel i needed to write this down. Would you be surprised if i killed 3 people in a row with the tau? would you be surprised if i told you i went 25-9 with about 60% of the kills being with the tau? I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't believe me.

For fun, we thought it would be a good idea to play with the tau sniper for a laugh, but what actually happened, was something much different. Adding chloes tau to my AK and dragon loadouts, ready to play the lab, we got straight into the game and instantly changed to the tau. What began as a joke, turned into a state of shock and nervous laughing, at the fact i was somehow beating AK's and doing well in medium range combat. Getting alot of headshots over the span of 3 or 4 matches, somehow going positive in every game, and sometimes even getting above average scores. Something must be wrong? the underpowered nightmare a dream?

Maybe it's something to do with my ability to control the dragon sniper, as i can use the dragon well. Comparing the dragon to the tau, the tau has hardly any recoil, unlike the dragon. Maybe i was somehow finding it unbelieveably easy because of that? The best thing about the gun had to be the fact that the recoil shoots upwards, and if you time it right, its a 'body, headshot' deadly combo. Yet, somehow, this gun is the most underpowered weapon in the game?...

The gun's main flaw is its long range. Is a sniper with no range, fantastic! Its like riding a bike with no wheels, you know, that would be considered an important factor. I am proposing that they add a 'zoom function' to the gun, in a similar way to the dragon's zoom. Otherwise its not a sniper, its a gun with an odd scope which you can use at medium range.

That (I think) could potentially fix this gun, and actually make it just as useful as the other weapons. I surprised myself today, don't underestimate this gun. Go on, give it a try Smiley Wink

Tell me what you think,

Ryu

Message 1 of 47 (532 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

Re: Tau Sniper, So Close, Yet So Far...

Aug 17, 2012

There is another problem with the TAU...headshots against people behind cover not working.

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 2 of 47 (509 Views)
Naughty Paw
20408 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Psyschock wrote:

There is another problem with the TAU...headshots against people behind cover not working.

This annoys me SO much. It's called a SNIPER, but unlike the other SNIPERS, it can't shoot through cover.

They tried to make it so much NOT like a sniper with terrible zoom and no cover breaking. Cover breaking would make it a VERY useful gun. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 47 (502 Views)
Survivor
2179 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I use the Tau and its the best weapon evurrrrrr. Sarcasm aside, Ryu is right. Its not the worst gun. It just has a horrible scope and it needs to be able to shoot through cover. Its damage is fine. If those samll things were changed about the Tau, I would have it in my Dragon loadout and rename it Trickshot.

Message 4 of 47 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Aug 17, 2012
Too bad it aims like a down syndrome chimpanzee. :/
Message 5 of 47 (458 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 17, 2012
I finally completed the 18-kill mission with the tau. This was impossible for me to complete before the buff, so the change is very evident. Also, the ROF mod is now working. But sadly, shooting behind cover (this annoyed me a lot, since it makes the headshot sound, but no one dies) and no zoom makes it a little crippled still.
Message 6 of 47 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I've experienced some issues with the Tau and Dragon sniper, when i am behind cover somehow it wont hit the target, the other day i was playing in Museum, it happened to me twice on different occasions when i had perfectly alligned some headshots while i was behind a wall, i shot the **bleep** gun 3x and nothing, i didnt see me hitting the wall either. I finally got the headshot when i moved out of cover, but of course got snipped by someone else who saw me

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 7 of 47 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 18, 2012
They should add a zoom and unscoped view to it. Like the sniper used to be on Uncharted 2. Where you could aim it accurately without scoping.
Message 8 of 47 (427 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

Aug 18, 2012

pro_odeh wrote:
I finally completed the 18-kill mission with the tau. This was impossible for me to complete before the buff, so the change is very evident. *Also, the ROF mod is now working. But sadly, shooting behind cover (this annoyed me a lot, since it makes the headshot sound, but no one dies) and no zoom makes it a little crippled still.

*You sure about that one?

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 9 of 47 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Aug 18, 2012

Problem with Tau + drgn is that you acan't switch shoulders.

Do you feel me?

Message 10 of 47 (378 Views)
0 Likes