Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: Tau Buff - Mods

May 20, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

@ sanddude I didn't really know, it just seems like there's a little zoom to it. Also, I think a MA mod would be a good idea too. The thing is that my primary weapon is the AK, then the G-MAL, then the FAL. The AK has mediocre blindfire, and the G-MAL and the FAL have the kind of blindfire that you wouldn't want to have to rely on. So, what would be my sidearm or choice. Well, obviously the para because it has the best blindfire and it's also good for longer range shots. If I use that tau, I sacrifice any kind of effective blindfire, so I think there should be more incentive to use a gun that supports one style of play and not both. By adding a **bleep** mod, it would be more effective at long range (especially because I use SI with my AK). A silencer could add a variety of helpful aspects to the tau, and yet still not make it OP. 

I wasn't talking about mods, I was talking about its base stats increasing.

The way I always saw it is that your pistol should pick up slack for what your long gun can't do. Which is why I use the tau with the kal, so I'm capable of getting kills past 15 feet.

LOL, apparently the auto censor on this site doesn't like the abreviation of Scope Zoom (I have no idea why). Anyway, back OT. I use the tau on my KAL loadout too. However, when I use that loadout, I'm not going for effectiveness, I'm just trying to have fun. In other words, I don't use the tau because it's an effective gun, I use it only because it's fun to use. I'm just proposing something that would boost it's use as a support gun (call out and scope zoom would be a great support combo), as well as just adding to it's general effective. What I am not saying that is unusable, or that the raffica doesn't need a buff either. I just think this would add a new aspect to the gun, one which is much deserved. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9950 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

As per your ideas, I don't think silencer is such a great idea. I get that it's a loud gun, but giving people who ARE good with the Tau a paid booster as a booster that they can only pay for once... it's not ideal.

What I think they could do is do the Scope Zoom as you suggested (and probably just make 2x zoom by default because honestly who the hell needs a non-zooming scope?) and probably give it a little more ammo to work with. As of now, I'd have to say even the Raffica is doing better because even though both of them are considered to be low-tier pistols, the Raffica has at least 90 bullets.

Also, the Tau would be the only gun in the enitre game with only one Character Version (Chloe's). It could be nice to put up a Jeff's Tau or even Cutter's Tau or something (Jeff's Tau would be extraordinarily bright metal since he doesn't use it much, and with a beige scope and grip. Cutter would have an old-school style Tau like his authentic-ish KAL, maybe Wes-design, and the Scope would look like it's duct-taped onto it). This said Tau could boast the Scope Zoom and possible RS to make it fire faster, or if we have to stick to original mods, RS and ROF.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

The Tau's actually a cool gun to use, especially since I use it with the AK now that I'm not trying to do a Drake loadout.

What I'm very disappointed about the Tau is that it doesn't zoom. It has a scope, you look though the scope, and it has practically zero zoom. Why is it like that? Why would you put a 0x zoom scope on a pistol, or even for any gun?

It is cool and fun, but it's not very effective in long range (as "tau sniper" would suggest), as a support weapon, in CQC (obviously), or in midrange gun fights (low RoF and no aim assist make a straifing target very hard to hit with the tau). I would like to see the tau be more effective in a support and mid to long range sort of gun battles. Whether if that is by changing the base tau or by adding mods to it, I don't care.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1999 posts

May 20, 2013
I actually take back what I said, I keep forgetting there's a scoped revolver in The Last Of Us, no idea if it's a Taurus, but if it's in the MP, it might be very much like the UC3 Tau.

Anyway, Max Ammo needs to be 30, I believe all the other loadout weapons offer 10 kills if you never miss a shot. If you look at Max Ammo bar in on the loadout screen, it says the Tau has more ammo than the Dragon. It's almost like ND couldn't decide if this gun was going to be 2HK or 3HK weapon, decreased the ammo to 8 for it to be a 2HK gun, then changed it back to 3HK but didn't fix the ammo.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 20, 2013

Alright, it seems as though the general concensus on MA is that it should be on the base tau. 30 shots seems like a good number, and it's actually usable without Daredevil. But what about the scope zoom, mod or should it be on the base tau? I still think that it should be a mod, but what do you think?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5694 posts

May 20, 2013

I wouldn't mind a scope zoom mod to further enhance the scope, but the scope should like actually zoom by default.

As of now the scope is literally just a hinderance as it doesn't zoom at all. It's basically a wes with a tau scope as a "reticle"

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9950 posts

May 20, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Alright, it seems as though the general concensus on MA is that it should be on the base tau. 30 shots seems like a good number, and it's actually usable without Daredevil. But what about the scope zoom, mod or should it be on the base tau? I still think that it should be a mod, but what do you think?

You should be given 1.5 or 1.8x scope zoom on the get go, and the scope zoom mod lets the tau have a ZOOMABLE (like the Dragon) scope, although I can't decide on the zoom of the maximized version.

Anyone else in favor of the Tau having AT LEAST two character versions?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5694 posts

May 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

You should be given 1.5 or 1.8x scope zoom on the get go, and the scope zoom mod lets the tau have a ZOOMABLE (like the Dragon) scope, although I can't decide on the zoom of the maximized version.

Anyone else in favor of the Tau having AT LEAST two character versions?

I wouldn't mind have Cutter's Tau. I mean its weird that out of all main characters in the game he is the only one to not get a set. Even though that will start to unbalance the scale on which side gets more 3rd boosters...

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

May 20, 2013
The only thing keeping the Tau from relevancy is its atrocious aiming. Good God, did anyone actually use it when they were developing how it handled?

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5694 posts

May 20, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
The only thing keeping the Tau from relevancy is its atrocious aiming. Good God, did anyone actually use it when they were developing how it handled?

It's aiming is fine, like discussed, the scope just needs some zoom on it. It is a pistol, therefore not having aim assist, so the accuracy of the shots depends more on the player than the sticky aim assist plagued on all the semi-automatics.

A few people I've seen with tha tau, myself included can pull off decent kills with it even ranging long ranger distances(50m) obviously not as easy to pull these kills off as opposed to with a dragon or t-bolt but makes for a good sidearm. As well as a great support weapon and supressing fire.

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (106 Views)
0 Likes