Nov 04 2012
By: pokchik First Son 2 posts

Syria Map Coop Arena - I can't play!!

8 replies 310 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

Hi,

Tried googling up this topic and even browsed (as much as possible) the topics here.. but I can't find anything related to this problem that I have : I CAN'T PLAY UNCHARTED 3 COOP ARENA SYRIA MAP!

1. If I select 'Find Game' > Coop Arena - and if Syria map was chosen/selected as the round's map, my PS3 would freeze at the countdown screen at '1..'.

2. If I tried a custom game > Coop Arena - Syria map, the loading is stuck at 19%.

3. I can play Syria Coop Adventure map, though.. no bugs, glitches whatsoever.

Anybody can help me with this?

I tried :

- Deleting the Game Data, and downloading/installing everything again, including the DLCs.. but it still doesn't work.

Message 1 of 9 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Re: Syria Map Coop Arena - I can't play!!

Nov 4, 2012
Can you play competitive Syria?
Message 2 of 9 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Load another Blu-Ray game to clear your cache and try again.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 9 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Also, try ejecting the disc and making sure the entire surface is clean.  There's a chance there is a smudge or other dust buildup in the region where the Syria map is stored.

Message 4 of 9 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Nov 4, 2012

pokchik wrote:

Hi,

Tried googling up this topic and even browsed (as much as possible) the topics here.. but I can't find anything related to this problem that I have : I CAN'T PLAY UNCHARTED 3 COOP ARENA SYRIA MAP!

1. If I select 'Find Game' > Coop Arena - and if Syria map was chosen/selected as the round's map, my PS3 would freeze at the countdown screen at '1..'.

2. If I tried a custom game > Coop Arena - Syria map, the loading is stuck at 19%.

3. I can play Syria Coop Adventure map, though.. no bugs, glitches whatsoever.

Anybody can help me with this?

I tried :

- Deleting the Game Data, and downloading/installing everything again, including the DLCs.. but it still doesn't work.

I had the exact same issue with Syria and no other map! The solution is the part of the disk that reads Syria is either scratched or dirty, you'll need to use a cloth to clean it off. It worked for me, it should work for you.

Message 5 of 9 (235 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Nov 4, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Load another Blu-Ray game to clear your cache and try again.

This! I have known that Uncharted games always pre-cache during the menu, I can see the HDD light lighting up and I can hear it spinning up as well, letting any other game play for just a few minutes forces the game to re-write the cash and it causes a little bit longer loading for the first game or two it certainly runs smoother from then on. I'm glad someone else noticed this.

Message 6 of 9 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Hi guys, thanks for the tips..

Some updates:

1. I can't play Syria on Competitive at all, and I can't start a custom Competitive game using Syria map.

2. Can't try yet custom Coop Adventure map, but so far i don't have any issues with random start/join Coop Adventure Syria map.

3. disc has minor scratch near to the centre of the disc.. have to find another disc to try.

Message 7 of 9 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Nov 5, 2012

wx327 wrote:

Also, try ejecting the disc and making sure the entire surface is clean.  There's a chance there is a smudge or other dust buildup in the region where the Syria map is stored.

*Facepalm*

Message 8 of 9 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Nov 5, 2012

rengle598 wrote:

wx327 wrote:

*Facepalm*

I dislike you

Message 9 of 9 (169 Views)
0 Likes