Survivor
2121 posts

Re: Support for Treasue Hunter Co-op booster

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

If ND ever does decide to add a single thing to co-op, make it this great idea.

Message 21 of 87 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Nov 6, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
The problem with this booster is that it doesn't help the team, so some people might be opposed to it Smiley Sad
I like the idea though Smiley Happy

An I have a suggestion: how about a third booster slot

A third booster slot that has selfish boosters that you can choose from, 1 would give you 200% (bronze) then 300% (silver) and the 400% (gold) assist money,and wold be leveled up with Gift giver medals.
Another booster could involve treasure drops like listed in this thread Smiley Happy

What do you think of a third booster for co-op?

Well I didn't want to put more "It drops more treasures" as than people who aren't using the booster may somehow cause it to work for them even if they don't have a booster. So if it only drops more treasures for your kills than you don't have to worry about it conflicting with issues in some technical manner (since the booster would probably be coded like Treasure Hunter or be very similar to it.) Anyways if three people were using it, it would have a chance to drop more treasures per each of their kills. That is the same reason why I said you may not get the same treasure as someone since it randomnly selects one you don't have so every treasure could be different from your partners (still gets anyone using it a new treasure but not their partners.) A third booster wouldn't work effectively in my mind, and why would it only be 'selfish' in manner? The one I suggested does pertain to you solely but when I use Explosive Expert it only affects me, this treasure hunter booster would at least provide some sort of team affect (by having a higher treasure drop rate per your kills it still helps the team at least when playing Arena and wouldn't conflict with Hunter if people choose to play it.) Point is, they should either add a booster in Co-op that gets rid of duplicates if nothing else or fix the treasure system. I would also recommend making Treasure Hunter in Competitive work in a similar way (getting to Level one and two increases the drop rate and for level three to prevent duplicates from appearing.)

Message 22 of 87 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I said in response that I would gladly pay for it. Seeing a ND likes microtransactions so much, they should pay attention to this. I'm probably not the only trophy junkie who would gladly give another buck or two for a simple booster that would allow them to move on with their lives.

Message 23 of 87 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Nov 6, 2012
I'll support if the treasures that are out of bounds are automatically picked up.
Message 24 of 87 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Asraik wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:
The problem with this booster is that it doesn't help the team, so some people might be opposed to it Smiley Sad
I like the idea though Smiley Happy

An I have a suggestion: how about a third booster slot

A third booster slot that has selfish boosters that you can choose from, 1 would give you 200% (bronze) then 300% (silver) and the 400% (gold) assist money,and wold be leveled up with Gift giver medals.
Another booster could involve treasure drops like listed in this thread Smiley Happy

What do you think of a third booster for co-op?

Well I didn't want to put more "It drops more treasures" as than people who aren't using the booster may somehow cause it to work for them even if they don't have a booster. So if it only drops more treasures for your kills than you don't have to worry about it conflicting with issues in some technical manner (since the booster would probably be coded like Treasure Hunter or be very similar to it.) Anyways if three people were using it, it would have a chance to drop more treasures per each of their kills. That is the same reason why I said you may not get the same treasure as someone since it randomnly selects one you don't have so every treasure could be different from your partners (still gets anyone using it a new treasure but not their partners.) A third booster wouldn't work effectively in my mind, and why would it only be 'selfish' in manner? The one I suggested does pertain to you solely but when I use Explosive Expert it only affects me, this treasure hunter booster would at least provide some sort of team affect (by having a higher treasure drop rate per your kills it still helps the team at least when playing Arena and wouldn't conflict with Hunter if people choose to play it.) Point is, they should either add a booster in Co-op that gets rid of duplicates if nothing else or fix the treasure system. I would also recommend making Treasure Hunter in Competitive work in a similar way (getting to Level one and two increases the drop rate and for level three to prevent duplicates from appearing.)

Honestly, I am all for this idea.

I don't know if you remember this, but I actually made a thread about this a few months ago, and all it got was hate and people saying that it is selfish and won't help the team.

So you should know that I do want this idea to happen.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 25 of 87 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
570 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Great idea but ND would never implement this. Smiley Sad

I would love to use this booster especially for hunter arena since I would probably get the treasures relatively fast for the trophies. Smiley Happy

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 26 of 87 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
609 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Asraik wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

So The treasure system in co-op is rather annyoing, I've been getting alot of the competitive treasures I wanted, but what about co-op? I suggest a treasure hunter booster for co-op would be nice, because recently I'm now trying to grind for those treasures for the trophy. Either that or up the drop rate in co-op, or make us not recieve duplicates. Any support?

Can we make it so you can't get duplicates?

Level 1: You can't get duplicate treasures. (It will automatically be a random treasure you don't have so your teamates and you will get a different one.)

Level 2: Effects of Level 1, and you can pick up treasures from chests in Co-op Arena,

Level 3: Increase the treasure drop rate. (For your kills only.) 

What happens the duplicate treasure you don't want may still apply for your partners? If each of them have 3 different unwanted duplicates that complements to one another, it could create a scenario you get a completey new treasure which makes it impossible to get the one you want unless you have buddies that do so.

Message 27 of 87 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Icarus_prime wrote:

Asraik wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

So The treasure system in co-op is rather annyoing, I've been getting alot of the competitive treasures I wanted, but what about co-op? I suggest a treasure hunter booster for co-op would be nice, because recently I'm now trying to grind for those treasures for the trophy. Either that or up the drop rate in co-op, or make us not recieve duplicates. Any support?

Can we make it so you can't get duplicates?

Level 1: You can't get duplicate treasures. (It will automatically be a random treasure you don't have so your teamates and you will get a different one.)

Level 2: Effects of Level 1, and you can pick up treasures from chests in Co-op Arena,

Level 3: Increase the treasure drop rate. (For your kills only.) 

What happens the duplicate treasure you don't want may still apply for your partners? If each of them have 3 different unwanted duplicates that complements to one another, it could create a scenario you get a completey new treasure which makes it impossible to get the one you want unless you have buddies that do so.

It would only affect the treasures you pick up, so if your teamates aren't using the booster they could get another duplicate. That way it would look for treasures you don't have and solely drop them. In context this idea is great, although they may have technical limitations which could prevent them from creating such a booster. In the very least they should be able to fix the treasure system in some manner.

Message 28 of 87 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Nov 6, 2012
I am wondering, does the treasure hunter booster work like the Power hunter booster?

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 29 of 87 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Nov 6, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
I am wondering, does the treasure hunter booster work like the Power hunter booster?

Why would you need to know where the treasures are? It shows you were it is without any boosters so I don't understand what you mean when asking such a question..

Message 30 of 87 (88 Views)
0 Likes