Sackboy
391 posts

Re: Suggestion for the next "Rare Treasure Weekend"...

Dec 18, 2012
I played coop for about 8 hours over the weekend even put in a couple of hours into hunter ( shudders at the memory) and unlocked zip, nada nothing. Not one new treasure of the seven I need, but my word those duplicates dropped at a rate, thnx for that Nd. I don't care about the competitive treasures in the slightest but I do want the trophies.
Message 11 of 13 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 18, 2012
All good solutions (well, aside from munnsy1, you lucky S.O.B.)... Bottom line is that this weekend was a joke for most of us. It's a shame that ND made it seem like they'd finally do something about this broken treasure drop system, only for this weekend to be a big trolling session.

I was really looking forward to this weekend, so much so that I sent messages to most of my U3 friends telling them to get ready to finally end the pointless misery of these treasure sets. To have about 60,000 NPC kills (which is nothing compared to some people I've played with) and still have unfinished co-op trophies is so wrong. Seriously, are there any other PS3 games out there with trophies that are not only based on incredibly random luck, but with this big of a time commitment as well?

I wish that ND would just own up to how ridiculous these treasures/trophies are and let us know that they'll eventually make everything attainable without having to rely on outrageously low probabilities and mindless, joyless grinding... but for some reason, they just don't seem to care. Their priority might be profiting off of in-game micro-transactions, or creating random new lab modes instead of fixing issues that have existed for over a year, or maybe they just want to have the most pointlessly elusive trophies on PSN... Regardless, it demonstrates a glaring lack of appreciation for the people who have paid $80+ for their game and DLC.

So... To Eric and whatever other Naughty Dog devs/mods who might be reading this, please stop insulting us. Either make these rare treasure weekends something that will guarantee new treasures or just fix this mess all together. It would be much appreciated by a lot of fans who are rapidly losing respect for you and your game. Thanks.

/rant
Message 12 of 13 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Agree this rare treasure weekend sure wasn't what I was expecting.
Starting to think that treasure/s of the week idea wasn't so bad after all
Didn't help that all the other newari figures except the copper one kept dropping talk about a slap in the face.
Weirdly not seen the seal treasure til last month previously got it near launch so guessing that jade seal is super ultra mega rare then lol
Message 13 of 13 (115 Views)
0 Likes