Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: Strafing......

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

I posted this in another topic as well, but I thought I'd add to the discussion in this main strafing topic:

In 1 on 1s, if a person goes in cover, and the other player has a GMAL or Dragon, they simply shoot the player in cover's head, or walk towards the cover at a strange angle so that they can shoot the covered player, but it is difficult for the covered player to shoot them, because they are glued to the covered spot.

So, yes, yes it does take away value from using cover. It's better to run away around a corner from them (if you can get away from the three bursts of GMAL in time, of course) and sit behind some kind of obstacle (without pressing circle) and hope they come after you, in which case you jump out and surprise them, and blindfire punch them. Mwahahaha!

Message 131 of 178 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Aug 14, 2012

I wish cover was was better.(dont know what could be changed) People always strafe around corners and not take cover.

Message 132 of 178 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Aug 14, 2012
Don't mess with strafing. No one cared after you nerfed it. You nerf fleet foot again, and people will complain about something fine like scoped in. You complain about low levels not having a chance, even though fleet foot is unlocked at a measly level 15, while Rate of Fire for the M9 is unlocked at level 41. That's a much bigger gap for something that almost always helps. It practically has autoaim for Blindfire, and is unlocked 26 levels after fleet foot. Wy don't you fix that, something the community actually complains about. Lol, dev ignorance at its highest.

Message 133 of 178 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Aug 14, 2012
@Dekumanus

I'm not saying that people wouldn't use different boosters than Scoped In & Cloaked, what I'm saying is that those 2 boosters would easily be the 2 most useful boosters in slot 1.
Message 134 of 178 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012

first off, cover is useless due only to the poor cover system that is in place, nothing else, its not as a result of fleet foot straffing speed or normal straffing left and right behind cover. the poor cover system alone is the cause of the problem.

cover is much more useful and works much better in UC2.
as you said - in UC2 there is the sliding to cover system which is faster and has better designed animation over UC3s system - BUT - even in UC2 there is still the annoying issue present where you slide to cover and you still die even after entering the cover - i know lag plays a part in this but a well designed method of getting into cover does reduce this

- i.e. the same problem is much worse in UC3

- you do sorta GLIDE to cover (as in you press O about about 2m away from cover and your character slowly steps or GLIDES into it) - but very often it will be the case where; you glide to it and will have already taken up position behind the waist high cover when an enemy then shoots and kills you through the cover (well actually they shoots above the waist high cover and the bullets hit and kill you due to normal lag and also due to the laggy and poory designed animation for entering cover).

like i said UC2 isnt perfect (due to O being roll and cover) - i think it would be better if you could roll to cover - i.e. press O to roll and hold O to take cover - the instant you press O while moving you roll, and if you hold it (say for e.g. 0.3 secs) you then go straight from the roll to a cover position (if there is cover nearby) - this would also reduce the occurance of taking cover when you only want to roll.

now after that - when you do enter cover in UC3 - its very sticky imo, much more so than in UC2 and as a result you can struggle to leave cover quickly (e.g. you often enter it by accident when you want to roll - and it takes too long to get out of the cover) - it was much faster in UC2 where you cound enter and exit cover with a lot more ease due to it not being as sticky.

also wall bouncing and changing from cover to cover was better in UC2 - it was quicker, more fluid and taking 90 degree turns in cover was easier.

often will be the case in UC3 (well it happend me enough anyways) where you again accidently take cover while trying to roll - you try to exit it quickly by rolling only to change cover - i.e. from one side of a doorway to the other - and even more extreme example is - moltem ruins just outside the domes main entrance, them small pillars (i believe there is 3 on either side of the statue) they are well spaced apart yet i alternated from one pillar to another by accident while trying to leave cover.

it needs to be much quicker and less sticky.

also when you are in cover in UC3 and an enemy is rushing you - you want to pop your head out of cover, aim and shoot them - so you press L1 to pop your head out - but it takes you absolutely ages to pop out and enter aim mode - this wasnt the case in UC2 where it was very fast and hence very good. the problem becomes even bigger when you want to throw a grenade - as like ive said a number of times before it also take you ages to throw and relese a grenade and it takes even longer again when behind cover.

in both cases you are often dead before you do even pop your head over the waist high cover due to the fact that you have to wait 1.275 mins to actually preform this simple task - the enemy will have already flanked you as they gingerly aproach you from 85m away, or their blindfire will kill you as it locks on to you, or they will just aim and shoot you as you yourself stick you head above the cover waiting to enter aim mode and throw a grenade.

often when you do survive the 3.33 mins it takes to throw a grenade from cover - you will throw the grenade only to release L1 30 secs too early and the grenade will land on your very own head and kill yourself = brilliant.

it needs to be quick like UC2 and like i said before throwing grenades also needs to be quick.

the aiming system is more at fault for people not being able to hit people who are straffing and fleet footing - due to the aiming sensitivity, aim assist and the recoil on some weapons, and also the recticle just feels too heavy and not vert fluid for some reason, that could be the acceleration - UC2 feels very fluid.

take UC2 again - currently FLEET FOOT is not very fast there but it still does make a good difference (if only the health was higher it would be more useful) - obviously FF make it harder to hit a target but its still easy due to the good aiming system in UC2.

the dragon in UC3 had much better handeling in the beta and i could headshot people with the first bullet very often even when they were straffing with speedyG on, now its a different story.

also: about the aiming on all the UC3 guns - im not just talking about the aim assist or the recoil - the aiming just feels very heavy and not very precise, maybe its the acceleration also, if i compare it to UC2 (just aiming at a wall) UC2 feels much better and more precise. its like UC2 is a laser mouse and UC3 is one of those yokes on a laptop.

there is also the very annoying problem of your reload animation always beinmg canceled when you move in cover while reloading - you have to stand perfectly still and wait to complete the animation otherwise it wont reload.

when you do aim from cover your recoil should be decreased significantly

(funny - this is actually how it works in real life, you can rest you arms and guns on the cover and as a result your arms are more steady and as a result you are more accurate AND PRECISE.)

the same should be the case for blindfire - i hate normal blindfire with its high accuracy, especially the lock-on feature, when you are stationary and you blindfire it is more accurate but the difference is not much - it should be much greater - when you move its accuracy should decrease a lot and it shouldnt lock-on.

when you blindfire from behind cover its accuracy should be increase again (more accurate again when compared to stationary blindfire) but as i said before blindfire accuracy should be hugely reduced in general especiallt the lock-on feature (and the jumping lock-on)

now i am not a fan of even moderate stopping power - there should only be very low SP imo (it was a solution to blindfire and melee rushers, my solution would not be throwing a blancet over the problem - i would nerf blindfire accuracy and also make melee a 3 hit kill - therefore high SP (which in its self creates unbalance) wouldnt be needed.

but if SP in general was reduced on some weapons - then i think a slight increase in SP could be added when you AIM + shoot from cover.

thats all im gone say for now (not very much LOL)........ o ya, one more thing!!! - default straffing should be increased - fleet foot need not be removed - it is a booster just like any other booster (there is just as much weight as saying none of the booster should be in the game - level playing field).

i think fleet foot level 1.5 would be a good default straffing speed and the fleet foot booster could bring you up to level 3. and stopping power shouldnt effect straffing (though maybe it could have a slight effect on FF - e.g. that it would slow it down to level 2.5). thats for UC4 though.

ND could add a paid booster of fleet foot level 1 to UC3 in the morning easily.

Message 135 of 178 (247 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Aug 14, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:
Use Speedy G brah. Crazy, right? It's what I use for head-up gunfights.

I'd love a "faster default strafing" Lab. Not as much as a separate hitboxes Lab, though. Obviously.
You're still kind of ignoring my point though that Cloaked + FF would be OP. I didn't say I have issues with head-up gunfights, I said that FF covers for Cloaked's biggest weakness.

And we should have a Lab with faster rolling and default strafing. That would be awesome.
Message 136 of 178 (252 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1065 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Default strafing is way too slow compared to other games.  You might as well be having stand still gun fights all day.

Message 137 of 178 (235 Views)
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Aug 14, 2012

You know I actully like using Fleet Foot but, Yea....... it kinda does make it unfair to some of the other lower level players. Ever since I've been trying to get the Assassination Master Trophy I've been using cloaked. (Note to everyone whos trying to earn that trophy try playing Plunder or Hunter Arena.) Cloaked is now one of my Favorite boosters now Smiley Happy So I switch between cloaked and Fleet foot a lot.

Message 138 of 178 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3658 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

jjjkur wrote:
Don't mess with strafing. No one cared after you nerfed it. You nerf fleet foot again, and people will complain about something fine like scoped in. You complain about low levels not having a chance, even though fleet foot is unlocked at a measly level 15, while Rate of Fire for the M9 is unlocked at level 41. That's a much bigger gap for something that almost always helps. It practically has autoaim for Blindfire, and is unlocked 26 levels after fleet foot. Wy don't you fix that, something the community actually complains about. Lol, dev ignorance at its highest.

Well in their eyes this seems to be OK.

Test that out with Uncharteds competitors. Battle field nope , Modern warfare-nope, Black ops-nope.

No gun will auto target a player standing next to them by simply holding R1.

Well that's just there for the "players that can't hit &*&^". Guess what ! If its that easy the highest levels in the game will do it too, but be more efficient at it.

I wish you (cog) would have been around for the thread I started about this video.

Tell me again how good the cover system would be against this player or how much strafing would be an issue when your faced with this.

Like I have said before this is some thing many of us see all the time.- more so than strafing, taking cover, or players that cant hit &^&%.

I will save you the time fast forward to 1:40 and pay close attention to 2:05.

Start matching players with connections that are similar and compatible levels then we can talk what is overpowered and whether strafing is a good tactic over cover.

Dont give the answer that "players created second accts to cheat that system".

You know the isp's and serial#s of the ps3's that connect to play and know whos cheating rank.

You have a stat system USE IT.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 139 of 178 (212 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Aug 14, 2012
I used to use FF a lot. Bur aince the patch and going through legacies again, I probably won't go back to it. I'm pretty good with it. But I like the steadiness of mid to long range aiming while strafing without FF. When I have FF on it seems to hinder my mid to long distance aiming. Probably because I almost always strafe while shooting. I only do the wiggle dance when fairly close to enemies.

FF is kinda dumb to watch in action. Its like everyone turns into Neo from the Matrix. And no other popular shooter game has this ability (trust me I've tried). I don't think it needs to be nerfed or removed, but it is pretty rediculous to see.
Message 140 of 178 (165 Views)
0 Likes