Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/04/2009
Offline
5921 posts
 

Re: Strafing......

Aug 14, 2012
People aren't going to use cover effectively no matter what, cog. You're harder to hit when you move. If you sit still in cover, you're an easy target. It's been that way in every shooter ever made. The only thing you could do to try and make players stay in cover is lower the health like ND did in UC2, and with the backlash it caused last time I don't see that happening. It slows down the gameplay and promotes camping, and I along with many others would strongly dislike this change.

As far as FF goes, hardly any top level players bother using it anymore. It's been nerfed to the point that it is easily outclassed by other boosters such as Scoped In or Cloaked. If it's still such an issue to you guys, though, just get rid of it entirely.
Message 111 of 178 (303 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
1290 posts
 

Re: Strafing......

Aug 14, 2012
Sorry Southpaw, but I have to disagree here. Swapping Revenge with Endurance would be much better, Fleet Foot would be by far the best slot 2 booster. It competes fine with the other slot 1s right now, you just need to only enter head-up gunfights where you will have the advantage.

Moving Revenge to slot 1 is great, but FF to slot 2 is a bad idea...
Message 112 of 178 (286 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: Strafing......

Aug 14, 2012

cog182 wrote:

So I know we have Fleet Foot and this is quite a Booster but I'd like to hear ya'lls thoughts on strafing overall in the game.

 

Now, please, understand I'm just starting a dialog here.  Nothing will be touched but I'd like to read your thoughts on the issue.

 

Pros:

- it's immediate speed going left and right offer a tactic high level players can master with aim

- when two players do 'the dance' it feels like a test of skill

- creates you being a difficult target

 

Cons:

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic

- IMO, it takes value away from using cover (why take cover to avoid fire when I can just dance?)

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic (yeah, I said it again!)

 

Let's get to talking!

 

 


- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic (yeah, I said it again!)

Single handedly the stupidest thing I have read on this forum.
Don't blame a booster for your **bleep** poor matchmaking. Your match making is doing far worse to low level new players than fleet foot ever could. You guys just don't get it. Anything you do to make it easier for low levels only makes it harder. With your logic is it not sound that it would make a low level harder to hit if said player was using fleet foot.
So you don't like fleet foot because it gives a higher level player an advantage against a low level. Hmmm I would think that making ROF unlocked at a high level more of an advantage against a low level that can't even equip it. The Rof mod doesn't even give a low- less skilled player a chance to get to the point where in your words "can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone" before he gets crushed by a high level vet player.
You claim that it takes away from your cover system. I got some news for you your $*%&  cover system is broken. You would know this if you actually put some time into playing your game.
I can't believe you even brought up strafing. No one even gives a $*%&  about it since you nerfed it to $*%& . Every thing you guys seem to try to fix screws some thing else up.
You know what don't fix anything anymore.
The fact that your post even got 22 kudos is at the very least appalling. Good thing you have kids on here 9-13 years old to make a big deal when a developer posts on their own forum. But the adults that play this game and have real jobs and careers would lose them if they even began to show the incompetence your team has shown towards your product.

 

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 113 of 178 (281 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/17/2010
Offline
4346 posts
 

Re: Strafing......

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

cog182 wrote:

So I know we have Fleet Foot and this is quite a Booster but I'd like to hear ya'lls thoughts on strafing overall in the game.

 

Now, please, understand I'm just starting a dialog here.  Nothing will be touched but I'd like to read your thoughts on the issue.

 

Pros:

- it's immediate speed going left and right offer a tactic high level players can master with aim

- when two players do 'the dance' it feels like a test of skill

- creates you being a difficult target

 

Cons:

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic

- IMO, it takes value away from using cover (why take cover to avoid fire when I can just dance?)

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic (yeah, I said it again!)

 

Let's get to talking!

 

 


Your cons kinda don't make much sense to begin with....

 

1. Low level players proabably can't hit $#@! to begin with even without strafing. Maybe magically it'll be easier for them to actually tag a target standing perfectly still RE style but thats aside the point. Bad aim is bad aim, Fleet Foot certainly won't be causing anyone to magically have much more worse aim than they had before. It does take a bit to get used to it especially if you having been on the Scoped In and Cloaked bandwagon that has been going on for so long, but like I said it's not that hard to get use to or use.

 

2. How does that defeat the purpose of cover? If strafing/dancing(whatever you choose to call it) was really as effective as you said, who would ever choose anything else outside of Fleet Foot? Just do a wiggle in the middle of the map and no matter how much better cover your opposition has you will trump them in a gunfight? LOL no. That's in practice how it doesn't really work. That's why people use cloaked to sneak around and shoot people in the back, wait around corners for you to run by and blind-fire melee you or corner shoot their **bleep** off near cover with scoped in. Fleet Foot isn't going to save you from any of these situations. (currently FF hardly saves you from any situations lol.) Even in U2 was Fleet Foot that practical? Having and cover is always and advantage you want, hence why smart players are always in close proximity to something they can take cover too in case they find themselves in a bad situation.

 

Anyway in short, Fleet Foot ever since U2 has been a big reason why I loved Uncharted multiplayer, those gunfights were fun and exciting. You can dispute if it's the true way of determining skill or not but it certainly was a huge reason why I found the Uncharted formula to be addictive and fun, the fast pace and intense gunfights. U3 has long ago lost that in favor of these kids huging walls with cloaked and scoped in. People have wised up, people play smarter, their harder to kill and so they used boosters that apply to such. What else is harder to kill that someone you cannot hear at all, someone who's player arrow cannot be seen, and someone who can't even be called out? Exactly lol.

 

Gunfights exsisted in U2, I would argue they died out in U2 after 1.05 considering that giant dump of an update that was and how trivial raw gunfighting skill became considering you insta died and 1 pistol bullet and a fist was all it took to seal a deal. In U3 people have changed, people try to avoid gunfights all togeather, constantly pressed up against walls, constantly trying to get the first drop on people from the front, the back, etc... and if they don't they will just run off. I suppose people have gotten a bit smarter I suppose and this natural progression is only logical.

 

In short when Fleet Foot was nerfed in U3, the entire community felt it. Regardless what people may think, before it was nerfed people at the very least had the guts to atttempt and engage in gunfights because they could, even since Fleet Foot was nerfed the entire mind-set of the players change from who is the best at gunfights to something else entirely. I feel this is neither good or bad but as I said, Fleet Foot is an integral part of Uncharted in more ways than people may hope to understand.

Message 114 of 178 (260 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/09/2011
Offline
598 posts
 

Re: Strafing......

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:
- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic (yeah, I said it again!)

Single handedly the stupidest thing I have read on this forum.

Nah, I've seen much, much stupider. 


I am the one who knocks.
Message 115 of 178 (244 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: Strafing......

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

Thank you cris

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 116 of 178 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Strafing......

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:
Sorry Southpaw, but I have to disagree here. Swapping Revenge with Endurance would be much better, Fleet Foot would be by far the best slot 2 booster. It competes fine with the other slot 1s right now, you just need to only enter head-up gunfights where you will have the advantage.

Moving Revenge to slot 1 is great, but FF to slot 2 is a bad idea...

Monkey Man and Team Safe are two great Slot 2 boosters which don't suddenly lose their affects due to stopping power or random explosions. Fleet Foot is affected by stopping power and even if Fleet Foot was moved to Slot 2 lots of people would still use Monkey Man or Team Safe for that reason. Hell, I'd still use Monkey Man because I can at least get Fleet Foot's effects with a kickback, Monkey Man is not the same.

 

Plus, Bargain bro. Bargain is one of the best Slot 2 boosters, as well. I think that if Fleet Foot gets moved to Slot 2, it would make people have to choose between Team Safe, Monkey Man, Bargain, and Fleet Foot. There'd now be more variety in options for Slot 2. Simply put, Slot 1's best boosters are Cloaked, Scoped In, Weapon Expert, and Explosive Shell Expert. Fleet Foot doesn't go anywhere near it because after a few bullets it loses its effects.

 

My point is: don't buff Fleet Foot, since the community would just whine some more about it, but move it to Slot 2, where it would actually fit in and encourage more booster variety.

 

But Naughty Dog might not even be capable of switching boosters to different slots at this point in the game, so there are two more things I have to say: cog182, if you are reading this, what I want above all is for default strafing to be as fast as Fleet Foot Silver in Uncharted 4, and for the booster to be completely scrapped. Oh, and if you could actually totally abandon Situational Awareness and prevent the aim dot from revealing player names (the only time a player's name should show up should be if you're aiming down the sights right at them) in Uncharted 4, that would also be beneficial for the game balance-wise.

Message 117 of 178 (215 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
1290 posts
 

Re: Strafing......

Aug 14, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

RevisIsland78 wrote:
Sorry Southpaw, but I have to disagree here. Swapping Revenge with Endurance would be much better, Fleet Foot would be by far the best slot 2 booster. It competes fine with the other slot 1s right now, you just need to only enter head-up gunfights where you will have the advantage.

Moving Revenge to slot 1 is great, but FF to slot 2 is a bad idea...

Monkey Man and Team Safe are two great Slot 2 boosters which don't suddenly lose their affects due to stopping power or random explosions. Fleet Foot is affected by stopping power and even if Fleet Foot was moved to Slot 2 lots of people would still use Monkey Man or Team Safe for that reason. Hell, I'd still use Monkey Man because I can at least get Fleet Foot's effects with a kickback, Monkey Man is not the same.

 

Plus, Bargain bro. Bargain is one of the best Slot 2 boosters, as well. I think that if Fleet Foot gets moved to Slot 2, it would make people have to choose between Team Safe, Monkey Man, Bargain, and Fleet Foot. There'd now be more variety in options for Slot 2. Simply put, Slot 1's best boosters are Cloaked, Scoped In, Weapon Expert, and Explosive Shell Expert. Fleet Foot doesn't go anywhere near it because after a few bullets it loses its effects.

 

My point is: don't buff Fleet Foot, since the community would just whine some more about it, but move it to Slot 2, where it would actually fit in and encourage more booster variety.

 

But Naughty Dog might not even be capable of switching boosters to different slots at this point in the game, so there are two more things I have to say: cog182, if you are reading this, what I want above all is for default strafing to be as fast as Fleet Foot Silver in Uncharted 4, and for the booster to be completely scrapped. Oh, and if you could actually totally abandon Situational Awareness and prevent the aim dot from revealing player names (the only time a player's name should show up should be if you're aiming down the sights right at them) in Uncharted 4, that would also be beneficial for the game balance-wise.


As much as I LOVE Team Safe and Daredevil, Fleet Foot would become my Slot 2 for sure. It solves Cloaked's weakness -- head-up gunfights. I'd write more but I gotta run off now, but I propose we solve this with a Lab.

Either a Lab with a greater default strafing speed, a Lab with 2 boosters from any slot, a Lab where stopping power doesn't affect strafing, or just a separate hitboxes Lab. Smiley Wink
Message 118 of 178 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Strafing......

Aug 14, 2012
Use Speedy G brah. Crazy, right? It's what I use for head-up gunfights.

I'd love a "faster default strafing" Lab. Not as much as a separate hitboxes Lab, though. Obviously.
Message 119 of 178 (183 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/17/2010
Offline
4346 posts
 

Re: Strafing......

Aug 14, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

RevisIsland78 wrote:
Sorry Southpaw, but I have to disagree here. Swapping Revenge with Endurance would be much better, Fleet Foot would be by far the best slot 2 booster. It competes fine with the other slot 1s right now, you just need to only enter head-up gunfights where you will have the advantage.

Moving Revenge to slot 1 is great, but FF to slot 2 is a bad idea...

Monkey Man and Team Safe are two great Slot 2 boosters which don't suddenly lose their affects due to stopping power or random explosions. Fleet Foot is affected by stopping power and even if Fleet Foot was moved to Slot 2 lots of people would still use Monkey Man or Team Safe for that reason. Hell, I'd still use Monkey Man because I can at least get Fleet Foot's effects with a kickback, Monkey Man is not the same.

 

Plus, Bargain bro. Bargain is one of the best Slot 2 boosters, as well. I think that if Fleet Foot gets moved to Slot 2, it would make people have to choose between Team Safe, Monkey Man, Bargain, and Fleet Foot. There'd now be more variety in options for Slot 2. Simply put, Slot 1's best boosters are Cloaked, Scoped In, Weapon Expert, and Explosive Shell Expert. Fleet Foot doesn't go anywhere near it because after a few bullets it loses its effects.

 

My point is: don't buff Fleet Foot, since the community would just whine some more about it, but move it to Slot 2, where it would actually fit in and encourage more booster variety.

 

But Naughty Dog might not even be capable of switching boosters to different slots at this point in the game, so there are two more things I have to say: cog182, if you are reading this, what I want above all is for default strafing to be as fast as Fleet Foot Silver in Uncharted 4, and for the booster to be completely scrapped. Oh, and if you could actually totally abandon Situational Awareness and prevent the aim dot from revealing player names (the only time a player's name should show up should be if you're aiming down the sights right at them) in Uncharted 4, that would also be beneficial for the game balance-wise.


lol I think if could use Cloaked and Fleet Foot, I would never even bother trying out any other loadout options.

Message 120 of 178 (182 Views)