4343 posts

Re: Strafing......

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:
But without Bargain it still limits how many kickbacks you're spamming, so...

I don't even agree with kickbacks ebven being in the game, and aside from that I don't even think Bargain should even be a booster, I wouldn't mind if people could buy bargain level 1 as a paid booster but I don't agree with it being a booster at all. As far as I'm concerned the only reason people are spamming kickbacks is because ND was foolish enough to let them, so it's fair game out there.

I'm okay with defensive kickbacks. Offensive, not so much. Using several offensive kickbacks in a match because of Bargain is annoying. You can't use as many kickbacks (at least, not as frequently/early) without Bargain.

Treasure Hunter Gold is like Bargain that you have to get. If your kickback costs a lot of medals Treasure Hunter will get you there faster, but if you have a low medal kickback then Bargain is better.

No. Treasure Hunter is not bargain. Sorry buy I have used Treasure Hunter level 3 plenty of times, and at times I legit get no treasures.

Bargain always works, you will always have your kickback cost cut back by 2 at gold, treasure hunter gold does not always have consistent results. Sometimes you get tons of treasures, someonetimes you don't even get one.

Sorry it's no competitor to bargain, period.

Message 161 of 178 (257 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

Aug 15, 2012

GMRcris wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

I don't even agree with kickbacks ebven being in the game, and aside from that I don't even think Bargain should even be a booster, I wouldn't mind if people could buy bargain level 1 as a paid booster but I don't agree with it being a booster at all. As far as I'm concerned the only reason people are spamming kickbacks is because ND was foolish enough to let them, so it's fair game out there.

I'm okay with defensive kickbacks. Offensive, not so much. Using several offensive kickbacks in a match because of Bargain is annoying. You can't use as many kickbacks (at least, not as frequently/early) without Bargain.

Treasure Hunter Gold is like Bargain that you have to get. If your kickback costs a lot of medals Treasure Hunter will get you there faster, but if you have a low medal kickback then Bargain is better.

No. Treasure Hunter is not bargain. Sorry buy I have used Treasure Hunter level 3 plenty of times, and at times I legit get no treasures.

Bargain always works, you will always have your kickback cost cut back by 2 at gold, treasure hunter gold does not always have consistent results. Sometimes you get tons of treasures, someonetimes you don't even get one.

Sorry it's no competitor to bargain, period.

I guess I'm just blessed with treasures then cause I get tons. Between the Just Cashes and Acquisitions I get a lot of medals.

Message 162 of 178 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Aug 15, 2012

GMRcris wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

Agressive kickbacks should cost more medals to be honest. Anything that translates into an easy kill should simply cost more, but I mean just look at quick boom before that was nerfed, a clear sign of ND completely being unaware of how such a mechanic could get out of hand. Yes the kickback costs more now but even then, it's still bar none one of the best kickbacks still, that says the just how effective it is and how truly overpowered it was before when even after getting nerfed it's still one of the best kickbacks in the game.

Like I said if there is one sole booster that has been the eye sore for me in terms of balance, it has to be bargain, no there booster when you incorporate all elements of the game, is so blatantly OP. If their going to let people get their kickbacks sooner, what exactly could possibly compete with a booster that can essentially get you free kills quicker and more freqeuntly? They either need to take it out or add something that would directly compete with it. I always wondered why overstock from co-op was never added to competitive. I think it would be an excellent competetitor to bargain in slot 2 but thats just me. Choose between getting your kickback sooner, or being able to stack your kickbacks while you already have one ready in stock for your next one.

I made a thread about increasing aggressive kickback costs a while ago. People stopped being interested in nerfing the kickbacks when I brought it up though lol.

Message 163 of 178 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
255 posts

Aug 15, 2012

I personally think strafing should be a part of every competitive online multiplayer game.  There needs to be some way to separate the good players from the bad and strafing is a reasonable way to do this.  Afterall, you can still do well in this game without using Fleet Foot, so I don't consider it that big of a deal to begin with.

Message 164 of 178 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4343 posts

Aug 16, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

Agressive kickbacks should cost more medals to be honest. Anything that translates into an easy kill should simply cost more, but I mean just look at quick boom before that was nerfed, a clear sign of ND completely being unaware of how such a mechanic could get out of hand. Yes the kickback costs more now but even then, it's still bar none one of the best kickbacks still, that says the just how effective it is and how truly overpowered it was before when even after getting nerfed it's still one of the best kickbacks in the game.

Like I said if there is one sole booster that has been the eye sore for me in terms of balance, it has to be bargain, no there booster when you incorporate all elements of the game, is so blatantly OP. If their going to let people get their kickbacks sooner, what exactly could possibly compete with a booster that can essentially get you free kills quicker and more freqeuntly? They either need to take it out or add something that would directly compete with it. I always wondered why overstock from co-op was never added to competitive. I think it would be an excellent competetitor to bargain in slot 2 but thats just me. Choose between getting your kickback sooner, or being able to stack your kickbacks while you already have one ready in stock for your next one.

I made a thread about increasing aggressive kickback costs a while ago. People stopped being interested in nerfing the kickbacks when I brought it up though lol.

I'm sure everyone's interest at the time was most likely focused on what weapon was OP, complaining about the lag or how they always run into full parties when they play by themselves or something, you know how it is around here.

Maybe everyone just really enjoys spamming kickbacks idk...point beind agressive kickbacks should have a high cost and should not be frequent  but I mean who knows maybe ND wanted every other kill to be a kickback, who knows. It certainly seemed that way during the quickboom era.

Message 165 of 178 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Strafing is pretty simple and easy to do with any gun but for some reason I cannot strafe for my life with the AK

Message 166 of 178 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
724 posts

Aug 16, 2012
No strafing please. This will only hurt parity even more. The people who play this game all the time will have a sizeable advantage against those of use who play casually and for fun by making them even harder to kill. It's also not in the campaign, therefor the multiplayer aspect will behave too differently from it's campaign counterpart. (for me that's part of the charm of the game).
Message 167 of 178 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 16, 2012
Strafing is the only skill-influenced mechanic of the game. It allows skill-full players to define the outcome of a gun on gun encounter with their ability rather than some rock-paper-scissors affair that the rest of the game suffers from.

Strafing and ability to do so is the only thing that keeps this game alive. What kills your cover is the fact that it's a useless gimmick. As all cover systems are, except the one in Rainbow 6 Vegas where the cover system was almost too useful.

If you let people crouch. I doubt people would use cover at all. The way that cover restricts your movement, leaves you entirely static, and also in my personal opinion as a result makes it more difficult to aim (it's easier to aim when you can move your feet around) really kills its functionality.

Not to say cover should be removed. It has cinematic / aesthetic appeal and occasional viable application, but I wouldn't worry about people not using it. It's not detrimental to the game that they aren't.

With that said everyone should be able to strafe at the same speed. Having some players. New players are hugely disadvantaged because you make the mechanic inaccessible by making it an unlock. One that must be earned then leveled up. Reading fleetfoots description, I imagine it not being perceived as being as that useful for a lot of players.
Message 168 of 178 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Someone with FF gold and lagging is almost impossible to kill at mid-long range encounters, now that the gmal got the hedious recoil and just feels weird to aim with, you just now you will die if the opponent landed the first bullets at you on a 1v1 gun fight.. in my opinion FF should be a paid booster if you really want to have it there and should cost you at least 200,000 and unlocked at level 70 or just have the same level of speed FF has on silver for everyone.

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 169 of 178 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Au10tic wrote:

Someone with FF gold and lagging is almost impossible to kill at mid-long range encounters, now that the gmal got the hedious recoil and just feels weird to aim with, you just now you will die if the opponent landed the first bullets at you on a 1v1 gun fight.. in my opinion FF should be a paid booster if you really want to have it there and should cost you at least 200,000 and unlocked at level 70 or just have the same level of speed FF has on silver for everyone.

Lol, just because laggers are unhits to you they need to make FF a paid booster?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 170 of 178 (112 Views)
0 Likes