Aug 14 2012
By: cog182 Naughty Dog Developer 112 posts

Strafing......

177 replies 6538 views Edited Aug 14, 2012

So I know we have Fleet Foot and this is quite a Booster but I'd like to hear ya'lls thoughts on strafing overall in the game.

Now, please, understand I'm just starting a dialog here.  Nothing will be touched but I'd like to read your thoughts on the issue.

Pros:

- it's immediate speed going left and right offer a tactic high level players can master with aim

- when two players do 'the dance' it feels like a test of skill

- creates you being a difficult target

Cons:

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic

- IMO, it takes value away from using cover (why take cover to avoid fire when I can just dance?)

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic (yeah, I said it again!)

Let's get to talking!

Message 1 of 178 (6,538 Views)
Wastelander
832 posts

Re: Strafing......

Aug 14, 2012

cog182 wrote:

So I know we have Fleet Foot and this is quite a Booster but I'd like to hear ya'lls thoughts on strafing overall in the game.

Now, please, understand I'm just starting a dialog here.  Nothing will be touched but I'd like to read your thoughts on the issue.

Pros:

- it's immediate speed going left and right offer a tactic high level players can master with aim

- when two players do 'the dance' it feels like a test of skill

- creates you being a difficult target

Cons:

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic

- IMO, it takes value away from using cover (why take cover to avoid fire when I can just dance?)

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic (yeah, I said it again!)

Let's get to talking!

I actually thought it was a pretty cool booster but then I moved onto scoped in!

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 2 of 178 (6,528 Views)
Naughty Paw
20022 posts

Aug 14, 2012
I personally think Fleet Foot shouldn't even be in the game. Why should I use a booster to increase aim movement speed and take away my chance at using other boosters?

Personally, I'd make everyone have the same strafing speed and just scrap Fleet Foot (which I know will never happen).
Message 3 of 178 (6,522 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Personally, I'd make everyone have the same strafing speed 

One of the reason Hardcore is awesome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 4 of 178 (6,505 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Aug 14, 2012
Cog, let's dance on Multiplayer. Smiley Very Happy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 5 of 178 (6,494 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
112 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Ha.  You'll no doubt smoke me.

Message 6 of 178 (6,485 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Aug 14, 2012

i hate it when people use it when im sniping. they always think they're safe , but always die Smiley Sad

ND if you happen to read this thanks!!!!
Message 7 of 178 (6,483 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Aug 14, 2012

People are usually corner shooting at me, not strafing. Smiley Very Happy

Like you said, people don't know how to strafe anymore, they just... 'dance' around... Smiley Indifferent

Wetsuit Elena, cog, Wetsuit Elena!!!

Message 8 of 178 (6,479 Views)
Sackboy
277 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

I've never really enjoyed using Fleet Foot because I'm accustomed to and like the regular strafing speed we have in the game. Strafing in general is a good tactic when it comes to gun fights, so even though I've always disliked Fleet Foot, I can see the strong appeal behind the booster. Previously, Fleet Foot gold's strafing speed was ridiculous and the reduction of speed (the way it is right now) is perfectly fine, IMO. The rare times that I do use it with the FAL, I never get affected by the stopping power so I don't see the big deal. You still have an advantage over anyone that doesn't have it, IF you can strafe effectively. It's still a popular booster because I see it in every match I play, which should be of no surprise since it's the easiest booster to level up in this game. 

Message 9 of 178 (6,472 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Aug 14, 2012

cog182 wrote:

Ha.  You'll no doubt smoke me.

Have you ever tried sniping? Smiley Surprised

I love it.

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-