Treasure Hunter
4590 posts

Re: Strafing......

Aug 14, 2012
It beats kickback-spamming with Bargain IMO. At least there are some more options with what you can do with your loadouts.
Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 178 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Aug 14, 2012
As much as I would love this to be implemented, say good bye to slot 2 booster variety if this happens, sure there would be no revenge, but people would not choose TS or MM over a nerfed slot 1 booster. The best thing would be give us ALL FF lvl 2 and lock the booster.
Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 178 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Aug 14, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:
It beats kickback-spamming with Bargain IMO. At least there are some more options with what you can do with your loadouts.

You can only really spam kickbacks if your doing well anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 178 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4590 posts

Aug 14, 2012
But without Bargain it still limits how many kickbacks you're spamming, so...
Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 178 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
96 posts

Aug 14, 2012

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

cog182 wrote:

So I know we have Fleet Foot and this is quite a Booster but I'd like to hear ya'lls thoughts on strafing overall in the game.

Now, please, understand I'm just starting a dialog here.  Nothing will be touched but I'd like to read your thoughts on the issue.

Pros:

- it's immediate speed going left and right offer a tactic high level players can master with aim

- when two players do 'the dance' it feels like a test of skill

- creates you being a difficult target

Cons:

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic

- IMO, it takes value away from using cover (why take cover to avoid fire when I can just dance?)

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic (yeah, I said it again!)

Let's get to talking!

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic (yeah, I said it again!)

Single handedly the stupidest thing I have read on this forum.
Don't blame a booster for your **bleep** poor matchmaking. Your match making is doing far worse to low level new players than fleet foot ever could. You guys just don't get it. Anything you do to make it easier for low levels only makes it harder. With your logic is it not sound that it would make a low level harder to hit if said player was using fleet foot.
So you don't like fleet foot because it gives a higher level player an advantage against a low level. Hmmm I would think that making ROF unlocked at a high level more of an advantage against a low level that can't even equip it. The Rof mod doesn't even give a low- less skilled player a chance to get to the point where in your words "can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone" before he gets crushed by a high level vet player.
You claim that it takes away from your cover system. I got some news for you your $*%&  cover system is broken. You would know this if you actually put some time into playing your game.
I can't believe you even brought up strafing. No one even gives a $*%&  about it since you nerfed it to $*%& . Every thing you guys seem to try to fix screws some thing else up.
You know what don't fix anything anymore.
The fact that your post even got 22 kudos is at the very least appalling. Good thing you have kids on here 9-13 years old to make a big deal when a developer posts on their own forum. But the adults that play this game and have real jobs and careers would lose them if they even began to show the incompetence your team has shown towards your product.

The forum rhetoric was going great until this.  If you could, try not to have your wording be so aggressive.  No doubt you have passion for the game, and I appreciate that, but let's all try to keep this conversation civil.

Just so we're clear, I mean strafing more as a tactic than the Fleet Foot booster.  

Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 178 (356 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Aug 14, 2012
If FF was removed and everyone was given the silver FF speed, there wouldn't be any boosters in slot 1 to compete with Cloaked & Scoped In.
Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 178 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

The_Blablob wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Nah, I've seen much, much stupider. 

Sounds kinda like "hey man this nestle chocolate bar sure tastes like chocolate".

New players can't hit **** because they are NEW players.

Yeah fleet was really the problem LOL. New players stand a chance against high level gold booster players yep?

Fleet was most certainly the problem?--no

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 178 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
962 posts

Aug 14, 2012
Nice signature DEATH_MACHINIST. Your American I take it.
Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 178 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Aug 14, 2012

jozza177 wrote:
If FF was removed and everyone was given the silver FF speed, there wouldn't be any boosters in slot 1 to compete with Cloaked & Scoped In.

I don't get this argument, and I will probably never understand it.  We have FF now, does everybody use it?  No.  We also have Cloaked and Scoped In; again, does everybody use it?  No, again.

The point is, even if FF was removed and everybody had the same strafing speed, THERE WILL still be people using different boosters.  Of course, a good chunk of the player base would probably still use Cloaked and Scoped In, but there will always be other people that use other combinations.

Personally Cog, I think if you and your team ever make another game with multiplayer (hopefully Uncharted 4), Fleet Foot should be omitted.  That way, newbies will be able to stand a chance againt higher leveled players that do indeed use Fleet Foot, and you should see more people using different booster combinations.

I also think boosters should only have 1 level like Uncharted 2 does, but that's a different topic.

Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 178 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

cog182 wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

cog182 wrote:

So I know we have Fleet Foot and this is quite a Booster but I'd like to hear ya'lls thoughts on strafing overall in the game.

Now, please, understand I'm just starting a dialog here.  Nothing will be touched but I'd like to read your thoughts on the issue.

Pros:

- it's immediate speed going left and right offer a tactic high level players can master with aim

- when two players do 'the dance' it feels like a test of skill

- creates you being a difficult target

Cons:

- low levels players can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone using this tactic

- IMO, it takes value away from using cover (why take cover to avoid fire when I can just dance?)

Let's get to talking!

Don't blame a booster for your **bleep** poor matchmaking. Your match making is doing far worse to low level new players than fleet foot ever could. You guys just don't get it. Anything you do to make it easier for low levels only makes it harder. With your logic is it not sound that it would make a low level harder to hit if said player was using fleet foot.
So you don't like fleet foot because it gives a higher level player an advantage against a low level. Hmmm I would think that making ROF unlocked at a high level more of an advantage against a low level that can't even equip it. The Rof mod doesn't even give a low- less skilled player a chance to get to the point where in your words "can't hit $*%& when aiming at someone" before he gets crushed by a high level vet player.
You claim that it takes away from your cover system. I got some news for you your $*%&  cover system is broken. You would know this if you actually put some time into playing your game.
I can't believe you even brought up strafing. No one even gives a $*%&  about it since you nerfed it to $*%& . Every thing you guys seem to try to fix screws some thing else up.
You know what don't fix anything anymore.
The fact that your post even got 22 kudos is at the very least appalling. Good thing you have kids on here 9-13 years old to make a big deal when a developer posts on their own forum. But the adults that play this game and have real jobs and careers would lose them if they even began to show the incompetence your team has shown towards your product.

The forum rhetoric was going great until this.  If you could, try not to have your wording be so aggressive.  No doubt you have passion for the game, and I appreciate that, but let's all try to keep this conversation civil.

Just so we're clear, I mean strafing more as a tactic than the Fleet Foot booster.  

Strafing is non existent in this game. It's not even an issue since you guys destroyed it any how.

Yes when you made the comment about new players not hitting **** I got mad.

I have got 4 people into this game to only get destroyed by poor match making.

Now the game is back on the self at game stop for them......money earned for your company-great.

That's 4 less people with solid connections gone.

You claim strafing is one of the problems.................putting five max legacy players against 5 people not legacy'd yet makes strafing a NON issue.

You guys don't fix issues that have plagued this series since the beginning.

Then you ask about strafing and make comments like that, you bet I'm going to say some thing.

You company was in my eyes once the standard for game software development. Now you guys just jump at the heels of your competitors instead of setting the bar for them.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 178 (306 Views)
0 Likes