Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Re: Sticky Snipers. (Yeah it's a big issue for me.)

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

i honestly agree that sniping feels weird in uncharted 3, but the sticky aim assist is not only on snipers, exists on all weapons. When you in a situation where you started shooting at someone and lets say he is moving, then another opponent shows up, the freaking gun goes crazy and you wont even get that kill. I've had this happened on m9, ak gmal and dragon. I've seen it happened also when an opponent is under cover or behind a wall, is like you have to release L1 and re-aim to adjust it.

As for the sticky aim assist on snipers, sometimes i wonder if it will help removing it at all, lol.. why you ask? sometimes i pull some kills with it, that i am like oh snap!! i dont know how i did it, but ill take it, some examples are also shown on uc3 tv, where you can literally see the bullet not hitting its target, yet the kill counted.

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 11 of 17 (163 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Au10tic wrote:

i honestly agree that sniping feels weird in uncharted 3, but the sticky aim assist is not only on snipers, exists on all weapons. When you in a situation where you started shooting at someone and lets say he is moving, then another opponent shows up, the freaking gun goes crazy and you wont even get that kill. I've had this happened on m9, ak gmal and dragon. I've seen it happened also when an opponent is under cover or behind a wall, is like you have to release L1 and re-aim to adjust it.

As for the sticky aim assist on snipers, sometimes i wonder if it will help removing it at all, lol.. why you ask? sometimes i pull some kills with it, that i am like oh snap!! i dont know how i did it, but ill take it, some examples are also shown on uc3 tv, where you can literally see the bullet not hitting its target, yet the kill counted.

For quick scoping and such it can actually help, but it's about 50/50 as for actual sniping such as leading targets and following them it screws you over most the time, it needs to be just barely enough assist so you can hardly notice it, yet actually help compensate playing with a controller, that has been the whole purpose of aim assist since it has been created, really.

Message 12 of 17 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Thanks for the support guys.   Since these seem like more feasible changes lets give them our full attention.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No more drastic nerfs please. Just buff the AK and buff the M9 *very slightly*headshot wise and we have achieved balance.

*Please note that I say "No more 'drastic' nerfs"* I am unopposed to a RoF MOD decrease or removal Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 17 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Oct 7, 2012
I definitely use sniper rifles a lot less in uc3 than in uc2 just because I find it harder to aim somehow. I would say the auto aim is a lot worse on co-op though and irritates me a lot
Message 14 of 17 (117 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Oct 9, 2012

It's true. I noticed when I was playing post 1.15 the snipers seemed to have that "sticky" feeling on them. I thought all scoped weapons would be adjusted, not just the G-MAL.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 15 of 17 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I agree. The sticky aim helps people too much and it also ruins your aim sometimes. 

Message 16 of 17 (91 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Oct 9, 2012

It's Cause ND Doesn't Like Snipers...   They Want Players to do Blindfire with a Wack n' Roll to get kills. Look at all those cool montages on Uncharted TV.      

Yes I'm being Butt Hurt on this Post

Message 17 of 17 (91 Views)
0 Likes