Oct 05 2012
By: Nomad40 Sackboy 461 posts

Sticky Snipers. (Yeah it's a big issue for me.)

16 replies 524 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

I'd love it if you'd do a thread for this SouthPawlLP, as you're far more eloquent than I.

But basically while there are a number of tweaks and bug fixes I'd still love to see Uncharted 3 is a unique and fun game to play.   (Mostly plagued by lag.   I really hope to see that improve soon.)   But I haven't played in a while and it's not due to that.  

I love sniping.    It's my peak enjoyment in most any game with shooting.   So my hopes where massively up when I saw that the auto aim was being "adjusted on scoped weapons."   And then the patch came out and left snipers out in the cold again.   Out of all the different things that need so much work in this game, this seems like a comparatively easy tweak.   Can you not notably reduce the auto aim on the Dragon Sniper and perhaps the T-bolt slightly ND?  

I want the Lag reduced, the broken cover and climbing areas on different maps repaired, the treasures to save properly and once you collect a treasure you can't pick it up again and I want them to come back and ACTUALLY improve customization by at least giving us a ton of colors on every piece of clothing.   (Hue bar comon!)

But despite things like these I'd still play the game if not for one thing.   Incredibly frustrating sniper sticky aim!

So who's with me on this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No more drastic nerfs please. Just buff the AK and buff the M9 *very slightly*headshot wise and we have achieved balance.

*Please note that I say "No more 'drastic' nerfs"* I am unopposed to a RoF MOD decrease or removal Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 17 (524 Views)
Highlighted
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Sticky Snipers. (Yeah it's a big issue for me.)

Oct 5, 2012

Oh yeah. That's exactly why I don't use the sniper even if I did a Rage with it. Too sticky, ya know. Gotta stick to other non-stick aims for my aim to be not sticky.

I'd like for me to be able to use the sniper without my aim dot going all over the place against FFers. I *know* where he's going to be, AA, no need to PULL THE **bleep** DOT

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 17 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 5, 2012

All i want for sniper is to change the aiming reticule(?) back to what it was in U2.

I believe NDchanged it because players can now equip the Dragon Sniper in their loadout... so would you rather be able to equip a Dragon Sniper or have only a T-Bolt as a sniper with U2's aiming reticule(?)?

I'd rather have only a T-Bolt with U2's aiming reticule(?) if you ask me...

Message 3 of 17 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Agreed, I've been saying this every since the game came out. There's only so much you can adapt to the intrinsically flawed aim assist on UC3's snipers. It makes sniping incredibly erratic at times.

UC2's system was perfect, minimal acceleration, non of this magnetized assist, and a nice consistent speed.
Message 4 of 17 (473 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

Yeah, this is one of the main changes from the summer beta which really suck. Amazing that ND still didn't realized yet that the sticky aim assist doesn't make it easier for casuals to aim it, it only makes it harder for everyone! Smiley Indifferent

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 5 of 17 (455 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Since it's relevant (skip to 4:32): 

Message 6 of 17 (426 Views)
Wastelander
724 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Great video tripleWRECK
Message 7 of 17 (388 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Nomad40 wrote:

I'd love it if you'd do a thread for this SouthPawlLP, as you're far more eloquent than I.

But basically while there are a number of tweaks and bug fixes I'd still love to see Uncharted 3 is a unique and fun game to play.   (Mostly plagued by lag.   I really hope to see that improve soon.)   But I haven't played in a while and it's not due to that.  

I love sniping.    It's my peak enjoyment in most any game with shooting.   So my hopes where massively up when I saw that the auto aim was being "adjusted on scoped weapons."   And then the patch came out and left snipers out in the cold again.   Out of all the different things that need so much work in this game, this seems like a comparatively easy tweak.   Can you not notably reduce the auto aim on the Dragon Sniper and perhaps the T-bolt slightly ND?  

I want the Lag reduced, the broken cover and climbing areas on different maps repaired, the treasures to save properly and once you collect a treasure you can't pick it up again and I want them to come back and ACTUALLY improve customization by at least giving us a ton of colors on every piece of clothing.   (Hue bar comon!)

But despite things like these I'd still play the game if not for one thing.   Incredibly frustrating sniper sticky aim!

So who's with me on this?

Aim assist is a must have on console games, almost every shooter if not every single one has had aim assist since Halo modernized it way back when, and thats a good thing because a controller can only be so accurate.

Not saying it's a bad thing because it's not but as you stated it's ridiculous on this specific game, I find it impossible to chase targets, I can only drag scope in this game and it's actually affected other games I play. It's much harder to snipe in BF3 or COD because I'm used to sticky reticules, it needs a major tune down....probably about to where the G-mal is now.

Message 8 of 17 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Nomad40 wrote:

Wish granted. Click here.

Message 9 of 17 (355 Views)
Wastelander
567 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I like this triple wreck dude, he tells it hiw it is. I honestly cant see why naughty dog developers ignore the obvious. They should test their games or at least play them to get a clear sense of whats going on.
Message 10 of 17 (315 Views)