Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7531 posts
 

Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.

Jul 25, 2012

scootgar wrote:

All you ever needed to know, including a definitive thread from SouthpawLP:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-...


lol wow scoot, really?!?!?!?

Sleep Matt signature
Message 101 of 141 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.

Jul 25, 2012

RandomZach wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

It's just so irritating. 

 

I've seen tons of players recently with like 80k kills and 20k deaths.  I ran into a party once saying that my clan member (who didn't even have a 3 kdr) had fake stats....

 

I ran into another party earlier today where one guy had 144k kills, and around 30k deaths...I went 13-2 during that match when it they had a full party of extremely laggy players against only 3 of my friends. 

 

It's just so irritating how people are treating their stats.  People quit matches after 1 death (still), people sign out of the lobby...I ran into one guy who team killed me until I ended up finally kicking him. 

 

These people should suffer the ultimate consequence for ruining other player's matches. 

 

The way these people act in this game is just absurd. 


'Stat fakers should have stats completely reset'

 

Yeah, see, maybe it's just me, but i don't HOW you would find a fair,  100% accurate way of determine who the stat fakers are and resetting their stats. Hell, how do you even QUALIFY for being a stats faker? If I quit ONE match, every now and then, am I a stats faker? What about the poor guy with internet problems lately, are his stats fake because he got 'removed from game' a lot?

 

There's too many variables, one guy may be happy with a positive 1+kdr, and stay in the match, whilst another may quit every match unless they got a 4+kdr. 

 

I mean seriously Goldhawk, you want these players punished, and I don't blame you, but let's be realistic here, it's hard to differentiate LEGIT stats and fake stats. Some players, can probably legit hold a 3+ kdr or higher. Other players may stat quit to get the fake kdr to wherever but how do you tell and differentiate between people?

 

And rest stat fakers....what's to stop them doing again? They could just start of from 0 kills, 0 deaths and work their way back up to 20,000 kills, 2000 deaths. Maybe your just making it easier for them to get a higher KDR, I dunno Smiley Frustrated


Hi random

 

It's pretty dang obvious who stat fakers are, though. 

 

I mean 144k kills and 30k deaths?  How is that anything BUT fake?  There are even new accounts made that have like 100 kills and less than 5 deaths.

 

Some people have 80k kills and 20k (or less) deaths and play worse than players with a 2.5 on a regular basis. 

 

Not only that, but when they quit after dying just a few times as well.  It's clear they're quitting just to preserve their stats...all while the match is empty for a while leaving the new/bad players to get punished and even making people just sit there spam killing the same players for minutes. 

Message 102 of 141 (144 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:
My arguement is invalid because you don't like other people's stats and think everyone deserves a reset. That's the problem. Get over other people's stats. You may care about stats for sizing up a player but others enjoy stats for the sake of self improvement. When someone is #15,756 on the leaderboards for kills they feel a sense of progress when a week later they are #13,847. It's not always about statistics but about progress and I'm sorry you can't see that stats mean something to other people. Then you call them selfish when you say you don't care about your stats being reset. You want your stats reset.
You align what you want with something that will supposedly benefit everyone so that you can make getting what you want for yourself also something that is best for everyone. Unfortunately for you not everyone agrees and so you lable us selfish for not giving you what you want because you say it's for the sake of everyone. How can it be for the sake of everyone if everyone doesn't agree?

I want the stats to be reset because people have been exploiting them for months, using balance issues to their advantage and quitting out if that didn't work for them. They'd go into Plunder and farm players like scootgar who would actually go after the objective, and I have tried to get ND's attention about K/D still not matching the leaderboards several times in the past. At the moment, Plunder and Objective K/D before 1.09 still counts on our personal stats cards, and that needs to be changed.

 

I'm fine with my stats being reset so we can have a legitimate system, because what we have is nowhere near legitimate, no matter how many fake numbers and statistics you're going to bring up in this argument to pretend you have evidence supporting your arguments. Saying that there are just "some" illegitimate stats is pretty much as illegitimate a statistic as much of the community's stats.

 

I'd also be fine with my stats being reset so I can get rid of all the pre-December KAL-7, pre-January FAL-SS/Quick Boom, pre-nerf Shottie-jumping, and FAL-SS/G-MAL aim assist-related deaths and see how I measure up against people who aren't exploiting BS to try to get a kill on me. I'll admit, I also have a lot of kills earned from Shottie-jumping and I'd like to see how many I can get without doing that.

 

"How can it be for the sake of everyone if everyone doesn't agree?" Okay, let me be a literalist just for the sake of arguing with you (karma sure is a *****, ain't it?). Name one topic where everyone agrees on something. "Hitler was evil?" LOL, not according to Nazis. "Allowing same-sex couples rights to marriage is ethical?" LOL, not to right-wing nutjobs. "We should help out starving orphans in Africa?" LOL, not to racists. "Thank God Batman's protecting Gotham City?" LOL. The Joker, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Riddler, Poison Ivy, and everyone else in Batman's rogues gallery, PLUS their henchmen and other petty criminals in Gotham City, would like to have a word with you.

 

Let's apply it to more Uncharted-related stuff. "The 1.02 FAL-SS is OP?" The people who exploited it didn't want it to get nerfed. "Remove kills from Plunder?" The Plunder killfarmers didn't want that. Hell, some actual Plunder/OBJ players like phillip_maxwell actually wanted their K/D to count while they actually played the objective, and were pretty upset when 1.09 deployed.

 

Aesop once said, "you can't please everyone". And such is Naughty Dog's case. They'll have to choose who they're going to please and they have to decide what is better for the game and the community. At the very least, they patched most of the stats-boosting and the absurd amount of ragequitting has at least been reduced.

Message 103 of 141 (134 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17622 posts
 

Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.

Jul 25, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

scootgar wrote:

All you ever needed to know, including a definitive thread from SouthpawLP:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-...


lol wow scoot, really?!?!?!?


rly



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 104 of 141 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17622 posts
 

Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.

Jul 25, 2012

a



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 105 of 141 (127 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
6785 posts
 

Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.

Jul 25, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:
I'm fine with my stats being reset, SKIN. LOL.

Had to speak out against you calling people against a stat reset selfish. We're not selfish. In fact we're quite selfless because other people's stats are irrelevant to us. We're quite content with our own stats and see no point in bringing everyone down for the sake of some bad apples. It's a crusade that only benefits those that actually care enough about those other people's stats, and those that want a chance to improve their stats.


Nah, you had to speak out against me because you love to argue for the sake of arguing.

 

"Some" bad apples? Man, am I the only person who remembers the revolving door of ragequitters pre-1.11? I must be. There'd often be more than 15 different players in each match. Typically matches would end with a completely different roster of players than the one it began with. The losing team would always have only one or two guys left because everybody would quit out RIGHT before losing, if they hadn't already in the middle of the match.

 

Stats should be as legitimate as possible, and this community is settling for such a sad percentage of "legit" stats. It could be so much more, but some people are getting in the way of it for the sake of their own stats, which is selfish.

 

Sorry, your argument is invalid.


Exactly.  There were so many forumers supporting the quit penalty to punish peoples stats....

 

Yet I bring up the issues that still occur when people are still trying to fake their stats and I'm just beyond a d o u c h e apparently. 

 

Matches are hardly any different than what they were before.  AT least the ones I'm running into.  (which is a lot of matches)


I never called you that. Stop acting like you're some kind of victim of personal attacks. You pointed out issues and then said people needed to be reset. You did not ask for these issues to be reset. Then when I said that these issues needed to fixed rather than just resetting quitters, which is impossible, you get all angry with me.

 

Why are you saying that you asked for changes for these issues when you didn't and then got angry with me when I brought up fixes for the issues?


How can you "reset" people quitting a match?  Late join doesn't even work most of the time and the odds of it picking up a super laggy player are pretty big. 

 

You didn't even offer a fix at first you just said "you're just angry" and I'm not even angry.  I know I get angry easily but not once in this whole goddamn thread did I even get mad.  Then you start posting "fixes" and once again it contained "you're angry"

 

when I didn't ask for fixes?  Dude, the issues are in the OP and in the first response to this very thread.  How is that not asking for a fix for any issue? 

 

It's not hard to fix people who stat quit.  Anyone with half a brain can figure out who is stat quittng. 



Well when you curse and say "this whole goddamn thread" I fall under the impression that you're angry.
Late join works plenty of times. So you think late join is broken cause you can get a laggy player? Well you could just end up with that same laggy player in the first place. Him being laggy or not doesn't factor in.
Saying I didn't try and offer any fixes in my first post? What about the fixes I asked for late join so that matches in general could flow better when people quit (whether it's stats, rage, g2g, or whatever).
No you didn't suggest any fixes for the issues. Your arguement was people team kill to get kicked so their stats won't record, so they should be reset. You never said that stats should carry for people who get kicked for team killing. Then you just respond to my fixes trying to tell me I still haven't read the thread, even though I just laid out fixes for the issues you talked about and wanted people to get reset for.
It's not hard to fix people who stat quit? Anyone with half a brain could figure it out? Oh really, and who is going to sit at a desk from now until eternity making judgements about each individual account in U3 deciding who gets reset for stat quitting? It's a complete waste of man power when instead the glitches that let people abuse stats should be fixed. Don't treat the symptom of inflated stats, treat the disease that is glitches that let people inflate their stats in the first place.
Message 106 of 141 (126 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.

Jul 25, 2012
Additionally, I'd like to say it's not possible to differentiate who was a stat-quitter and who wasn't, since I have a fairly large amount of quits (mainly from co-op and pre-1.03 FAL-SS) and yet inexplicably my K/D's higher now than it was before the stats-boosting was patched, so if anyone's getting a deliberate KDR/WLR reset, everyone should receive it.

But again, not gonna happen, sadly.
Message 107 of 141 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
6785 posts
 

Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.

Jul 25, 2012

South, I thought we'd already reached the conclusion that made everyone happy? A monthly leaderboard and stats tab. Resetting stats makes some people happy, while others unhappy. A monthly leaderboard and stats tab makes everyone happy becuase people can keep their record of their time in U3, while at the same time more "legit" numbers are listed for those who want to size up the recent skill of themselves and their opponents. 

 

Or did you seriously just forget we reached that conclusion? (not being sarcastic) Smiley Happy

Message 108 of 141 (115 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 04/17/2012
Offline
729 posts
 

Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.

Jul 25, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Aesop once said, "you can't please everyone". And such is Naughty Dog's case. They'll have to choose who they're going to please and they have to decide what is better for the game and the community. At the very least, they patched most of the stats-boosting and the absurd amount of ragequitting has at least been reduced.



Better for the community is forget about stats, why reset? What benefit would it bring now? a benefit to improve YOUR stats? Punish all legit players? Punish stats booster but soon enough they would be on top again, then why reset? Oh wait reset again is that it? a Loop?

 

Cmon the only possible fix to the stats madness is no stats at all, remove them completly is the only fix to what you guys are complaining.

 

 As i said move along, this is old news.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
____________________________________________________________

Message 109 of 141 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.

Jul 25, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

South, I thought we'd already reached the conclusion that made everyone happy? A monthly leaderboard and stats tab. Resetting stats makes some people happy, while others unhappy. A monthly leaderboard and stats tab makes everyone happy becuase people can keep their record of their time in U3, while at the same time more "legit" numbers are listed for those who want to size up the recent skill of themselves and their opponents. 

 

Or did you seriously just forget we reached that conclusion? (not being sarcastic) Smiley Happy


Hey, I've already said I've love a monthly leaderboard in this thread.

 

Though, ironically enough, that would be the only one worth checking for legitimate stats. Bwahahaha! Smiley Very Happy

Message 110 of 141 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes