Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Re: Stand Alone MP Confirmed in Access!!!!

Feb 8, 2013

runner21 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
if i dont get my summer beta dragon, gmal, and grenades back i will be upset.

You actually think they are implementing the Summer Beta? Smiley Indifferent

Anyone thinking that the BETA will be the result of 17 updates spanning over a year of the game being released is sadly mistaken.

Hey guys, remember how Chateau had that roof everyone could get on? Remember how Airstrip's intro froze pretty much all of the 1st day?

I know the Beta was fun, but reverting to a primal stage of the game's life isn't the way to go.

Message 61 of 93 (731 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Yeah. This "just as bad as the beta's problems" paid game release is better.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 62 of 93 (723 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Feb 8, 2013

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

This news might revive my dying interest in this game... The DLC maps better be included.

Exactly.  Having a bigger player pool, and hopefully less lag as a result.   Is one of the main reasons for us to care about free to play MP.

If the DLC maps are not included, then we are going to still have two separate player pools.  DLC and nonDLC.  Instead of one large united pool to draw players from, so lag would probably be the same as it is now.  

Unfortunately, I don't think ND is going to include the DLC maps.

From last months Q&A:

8.  Do you plan on releasing all dlc maps for free? (Huskers1598)

Not at this time. It’s possible it’ll happen in the future but we are releasing all our Block Mesh Lab maps for free in the Lab playlists and will continue to do so. Block Mesh Lab maps will soon be available for longer periods of time in the future. If things change we’ll let you know.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 63 of 93 (714 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

The farther this game comes from it's release the laggier it gets.  We need a bigger player pool Smiley Mad

I wish ND would give the DLC for Free /or at least LOWER the price,  $20 instead of $40. Which is just plain ridiculous for DLC, I mean it's worth more than the actual game itself now...

Message 64 of 93 (668 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5270 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Derflinger wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think ND is going to include the DLC maps.

From last months Q&A:

8.  Do you plan on releasing all dlc maps for free? (Huskers1598)

Not at this time. It’s possible it’ll happen in the future but we are releasing all our Block Mesh Lab maps for free in the Lab playlists and will continue to do so. Block Mesh Lab maps will soon be available for longer periods of time in the future. If things change we’ll let you know.

Technically for Killzone 3's MP, the DLC maps was part of the stand-alone multiplayer game however the dlc for the retail game still had a price tag on it. There's still the possibility of ND adding the DLC onto the F2P version and I hope they did, I would be disappointed if they didn't add the DLC maps but I wouldn't be surprised.

We won't know until they actually announce the details of what will be included with the Free-to-play MP. If anything if they decide not to go ahead with adding the DLC maps onto the stand-alone then I would suggest they discount the maps and DLC modes on all forms of the Playstation Store so that more people buy them.

Message 65 of 93 (599 Views)
Fender Bender
3423 posts

Feb 8, 2013
If they don't bundle the Map packs into the F2P version then they are shooting themselves in the foot, I'm going to assume the stand alone version will be between $10.99 to $14.99, no one is going to pay for the Stand alone version then go spend another $40 on DLC I'm sure ND isn't that blinded by greed to not figure this out willing to give them the benefit of the doubt even though they continue to rip off their loyal fans.
Message 66 of 93 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Anyone thinking that the BETA will be the result of 17 updates spanning over a year of the game being released is sadly mistaken.

Hey guys, remember how Chateau had that roof everyone could get on? Remember how Airstrip's intro froze pretty much all of the 1st day?

I know the Beta was fun, but reverting to a primal stage of the game's life isn't the way to go.

I would take the Beta with all of it's day one problems over the game we have now.  Everything about the beta was better.  The aiming, movement speed, FUN, sprint, shooting, COVER, stopping power, aim assist, grenades, and gun choice were all far and away better than what we have now.  Unfortunately the Uncharted 3 we got with the Subway beta wasn't even close to the same game anymore.  People that were ignorant in exactly what it was that made Uncharted a fantastic online experience got a hold on the game and absolutely ruined it.  Naughty Dog could have manned up and said "Whoa, you guys are right there's something really wrong with this build and we are going to fix it immediately", instead we got half a year of them drip feeding in exceedingly small fixes with Naughty Dog trying to deny that there was something seriously off with the game. 

Honestly to be fair I don't believe it to be entirely their fault, as I'm sure Sony was pushing them very hard to release before Christmas.  Unfortunately for us we received an unfinished mess that we are still dealing with over a year out.  So yeah, I'd much rather have the summer beta back. 

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - mrkaizoku
Message 67 of 93 (539 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

runner21 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
if i dont get my summer beta dragon, gmal, and grenades back i will be upset.

You actually think they are implementing the Summer Beta? Smiley Indifferent

didnt you play 1.04 - that fix all them problems, and there could always be 1.05 to make it golden

Message 68 of 93 (486 Views)
Wastelander
764 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Why would you pay £40 to buy the DLC from the store when you can buy the the GOTY version from amazon for £18.97 that comes with all the DLC map packs,

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 69 of 93 (449 Views)
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Feb 8, 2013
VThey removed U3 section I guess it's not on their YT vid, it's not on the store.
THE NEW STORE LOOKS NICE, LOOKS ARE DEFINITELY NOT EVERYTHING V.V
Message 70 of 93 (422 Views)
0 Likes