Sackboy
455 posts

Re: Speedy G: The Model Kickback

Mar 18, 2013

Gonna dedicate a week of hogging the Riot Shield and using this KB since it helps move faster.

I know you're looking at my posts GS2
Message 11 of 28 (313 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Mar 18, 2013

CaptainNoah wrote:

I like it. We need more ideas like this for better defensive kickbacks in U4. Still though, Speedy-G with these upgrades is going to be too weak compared with stronger defensive kickbacks; it could use a cost reduction.

What other defensive kickbacks?

Smokebomb is a good one, although it of course needs work for UC4.

Disruption is a great idea, but should be tweaked for UC4.

Cursed Idol should not affect your own team.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 12 of 28 (312 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Mar 18, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I'll use defensive kickbacks more if they buffed it.

Although Speedy G is great, Smoke Bomb is my dealio. Too bad Smoke bomb is acting weird, with all the lag and the teleporting to your spawn point even if enemies are there.

Smoke Bombs is another great model.

They should really just make you go to a 1-3 second respawn screen. That would eliminate the random/ horrible spawns.

But in my ideal world of UC4 kickbacks, because none of them are kill-oriented, you wouldnt be at a disadvantage in choosing one that fits your play style.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 13 of 28 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 18, 2013

With the exception of Quick Boom, I think the offensive kick backs are perfect as they are.
Cluster / Mega / Carpet> You may return this.
RPG> 1 shot.
Hammer> has a high cost of medals.
Sniper> Requires player skill.
Etc. ...
Only QB is overpowered.

Message 14 of 28 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Monochrome_F3ar wrote:

Gonna dedicate a week of hogging the Riot Shield and using this KB since it helps move faster.

You move stupid fast with it. Just create a "Riot Shield" loadout. Beast Mode, Team Safe, Speedy G.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 15 of 28 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Mar 18, 2013

ashmotta222 wrote:

With the exception of Quick Boom, I think the offensive kick backs are perfect as they are.
Cluster / Mega / Carpet> You may return this.
RPG> 1 shot.
Hammer> has a high cost of medals.
Sniper> Requires player skill.
Etc. ...
Only QB is overpowered.

^^Those are still Power Weapons though. Instantly spawning a Power Weapon wreaks havoc on the balance of the game. I dont want kickbacks to be used as free kills, which is what RPG and Hammer are, regardless of price.

I dont have a big problem with the Grenade kickbacks (except QB of course). But if you cant see how Power Weapon kickbacks are inherently broken, then ok. T-Bolt requires skill, but its still an additional power weapon on the map. Which is not good for obvious reasons.

I just want to see some creative kickbacks for UC4, that are balanced, that ARE NOT spawning Power Weapons. The kill-oriented kickbacks are the most common ones...i wonder why.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 16 of 28 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 18, 2013

The big problem of the power weapons are not kick backs, but the exaggerated amount of such weapons scattered throughout the maps. And on top of it, every three minutes they all appear again...

Message 17 of 28 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3810 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

Nice to know that I'm not  the only one who uses this kickback. Love it.

Sprint + Speedy G is a hilarious combo, especially if you're using Endurance booster too. It's good for catching VIPs, going after the idol and/or the idol carrier.

You also get a 20 second Fleet Foot, which also stacks with FF booster itself, giving you INSANE strafing speed.

It's seriously really funny to use this booster. Because it's so underused, the players never really except you to use it, and when you do, they have NO idea what you're going to do with it.

There are so many things you can do with this. You can just rush at enemies and take down everyone with the increased strafing speed, you can chase a player that's running away, escape yourself etc. etc. etc.

I've saved my own butt multiple times (and also confused the opposing team's players) by activating it and just running left and right while they keep wasting their ammo at me and once they're done, *I'm* the one who finished them off.

It's a shame how crappy most of the defensive kickbacks are. Even though Speedy G feels a bit underpowered (IMO), I'm still going to keep using it. I don't care if there are better kickbacks, I like this one, and that's what I'm going to use.

However, if ND ever decides to do something about it (which I HIGHLY doubt), they should lower the medal count from 7 to 5, or raise the duration from 20 seconds to 30. I used to go with KB Endurance gold to get the 30 second duration, but since it's bronze or silver only, I've been sticking with Monkey Man gold.

Do try PAK + Beast mode + Speedy G, another hilarious combo!

Message 18 of 28 (313 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7287 posts

Mar 18, 2013

All defensive kickbacks, even some offensive kickbacks need a buff. The only ones that are really bothersome are the weapon kickbacks and QB. I wouldn't mind those staying as long as they get a medal increase and/or ammo reduction.

Militia man could give you infinite ammo(not on PWs) and have a slight medal increase.

creepy crawler should let you crawl on walls.

Juggernaut should just give you more health.

Gotcha should let you see all enemies as far as you can even with cloaked.

cursed idol should make enemy TKs count as yours.

smoke bomb, disruption and smoke bomb are ok for the most part.

And also just boost medal costs for everything, so that you have to use the thing more sparingly. Tired of seeing people with endless T-bolts...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 19 of 28 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1298 posts

Mar 18, 2013

This is one of the reasons why I only play Classic Mode.  No stupid offensive kickbacks to rage about.  It's more about skill and less about cheese.

They can keep offensive kickbacks in UC4, but they should make it so you have to actually go retrieve the weapon on the map and not just spawn the weapon.  Or at least make it so don't instantly spawn a power weapon.  Make it so you have to wait X number of seconds depending on how powerful the weapon is.  For instance a carpet bomb could spawn in your hands within 5 seconds but the Hammer or RPG will take 15 seconds.  That way you can't cheese your way out of a situation that easily (aka quickboom in UC3). 

Message 20 of 28 (282 Views)
0 Likes