Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 03 2013
By: Crimsonine I Only Post Everything 1036 posts
Accepted Solution

Sony Vegas question?

26 replies 310 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

Hey guys, so I have Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 (Vegas's little bro) and it's not rendering right for me. Rendering a 30 second video took 6 mins, and rendering a 2:30 min video took about 25 mins. When I try to render a normal 7-12 min commentary, it stays on 0 percent. Anyone have a solution, and also as a last resort would some people be willing to render stuff for me?

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (310 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
437 posts

Re: Sony Vegas question?

Feb 3, 2013

Crimsonine wrote:

Hey guys, so I have Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 (Vegas's little bro) and it's not rendering right for me. Rendering a 30 second video took 6 mins, and rendering a 2:30 min video took about 25 mins. When I try to render a normal 7-12 min commentary, it stays on 0 percent. Anyone have a solution, and also as a last resort would some people be willing to render stuff for me?

Rendering speed depends on a lot of factors. You should tell us more about your computer specs, what codec are you using for rendering, how much you edited the video etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (294 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Luxis wrote:

Crimsonine wrote:

Rendering speed depends on a lot of factors. You should tell us more about your computer specs, what codec are you using for rendering, how much you edited the video etc.

Sorry for being a noob, but idk what compy specs I have, I have an old laptop, idk what a coding is, however the last question I can answer. I normally make commentaries or let's plays, which I don't edit at all. I put the gameplay in, put the audio in, maybe some simple color correction, but nothing much. The reason it's weird is I used a program before (AVS Video Editor) which I would do the exact same things to and it would render fine.

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Crimsonine wrote:

Luxis wrote:

Crimsonine wrote:

Sorry for being a noob, but idk what compy specs I have, I have an old laptop, idk what a coding is, however the last question I can answer. I normally make commentaries or let's plays, which I don't edit at all. I put the gameplay in, put the audio in, maybe some simple color correction, but nothing much. The reason it's weird is I used a program before (AVS Video Editor) which I would do the exact same things to and it would render fine.

If your laptop is to old. It might not be powerfully enough to render using a beast program like sony vegas 12.

But to find your computer specs. You right click My Computer and go down to properitys and that'll show it. This is my desktop with windows 7.

Untitled.jpg

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (264 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Thanks Lenown, but remember it's not Vegas 12 it's MSP12.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10012 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Lenown wrote:

Crimsonine wrote:

Luxis wrote:

Crimsonine wrote:

If your laptop is to old. It might not be powerfully enough to render using a beast program like sony vegas 12.

But to find your computer specs. You right click My Computer and go down to properitys and that'll show it. This is my desktop with windows 7.

Nice index dude. My computer should be 5.0 but my desktop graphics is 3.9 :l

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Oh and I'll post specs once I'm on my computer (I'm on my phone).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (249 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Feb 4, 2013

specs.PNG

Here are my specs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (240 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Feb 4, 2013

bump, this is still a thing

Photobucket

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13329 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I'm not fond of Vegas at all...

I remember getting as far as rendering one video and it took like 29 hours... LOL

Compared to Studio which takes about a hour to render a high quality 30 minute video. I think I'd rather that.

As for Vegas, the only tip to lower the rendering times is to make the quality of the output video worse than you'd like.

and obviously a better machine would help, but barring that lowering the quality improves rendering times, but it may just be in disagreement with your system. It's Vegas afterall.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (187 Views)
0 Likes