Reply
Highlighted
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
594 posts
 

Re: New DLC Accessories will be Free

Aug 8, 2012

GameOver1994 wrote:

If you're willing to grind some more. Smiley Wink

 

I posted this on a (dead)thread, but felt that everybody should know about this.

 

Sorry about the text wall, I tried to divide it...I'm not very good with posts. Smiley Frustrated

 

The new DLC accessories that are labeled "Available in the store soon" such as Talbot's Half Gas Mask and Eddy Raja's Jester Hat, I'm positive that you will NOT have to purchase them via PSN Store and will be able to unlock them through completing a specific treasure set just like every other set you've completed so far.

 

How I know this, you ask? Well, when I first logged on after installing the Patch, I went straight to the "Customize" section of the game to see all the new accessories that were going to be added. While I was enjoying looking through all the new head pieces, I noticed that when I pressed square on any of them, I was taken to a treasure set that showed it needed to be completed in order to obtain the accessory. I actually looked through the treasures list and pondered as to why the Antiquity Set and Artifact Set were way longer than normal(just like how the Legend set is now with the new Custom Hero/Villain sets) Now, to be honest, I didn't think anything of it at the time because all that was going through my head at the time was "OMFG! PATCH 1.13! OMFG! 1.13!".

 

But after looking at this post, I just now realized that ND basically patched in the treasure sets that were required to unlock the new gear coming August 14th by mistake, and quickly corrected their error by removing them via the first Live Update....So, in conclusion, you won't be forced to by the new DLC items, the treasure sets for them will be patched in August 14th(at the latest?), unless they decide space out the items they give us through months.

 

                   And to whomever thinks I'm trolling about any of this...Shame on you! I haven't built up a reputation as being a troll.

 

                    TL;DR: We will be receiving treasure sets for the new items for players who do not wish to buy them with real cash

 


Very interesting theories but that's not how it works at all. For the head items with stats there are many  combinations of stat buffs and de-buffs for the head gear that you can see in-game before you choose to unlock it. There are 27 stats combinations, positive and negative. Player will access to all 27 stat combination via grinding.  All head gear with stats will use one of these 27 stat combinations. However, to get certain head gear with stats you'll have to buy them but the stat combination will not be unique...it will just be an aesthetic choice to have that headgear with those stats. 

 

But yes, you will be able to grind to unlock some items and any potential stat combination. 

 

On August 14th we'll have a full rundown of what DLC will be available. 

Message 11 of 36 (473 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3480 posts
 

Re: New DLC Accessories will be Free

Aug 8, 2012

Cheers Eric. Smiley Wink 

Message 12 of 36 (467 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/16/2012
Offline
71 posts
 

Re: New DLC Accessories will be Free

Aug 8, 2012

are the treasures findable for any in team death match?

Message 13 of 36 (463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2009
Offline
2348 posts
 

Re: New DLC Accessories will be Free

Aug 8, 2012

Popcorn15000 wrote:

are the treasures findable for any in team death match?


go to the treasures menu in the game, the treasures are for multiple modes

Message 14 of 36 (457 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/15/2011
Offline
199 posts
 

Re: New DLC Accessories will be Free

Aug 8, 2012

Thanks for the response, Eric!

Glad that you clarified that with us. Smiley Happy

 

Message 15 of 36 (446 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/24/2010
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: New DLC Accessories will be Free

Aug 8, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

Very interesting theories but that's not how it works at all. For the head items with stats there are many  combinations of stat buffs and de-buffs for the head gear that you can see in-game before you choose to unlock it. There are 27 stats combinations, positive and negative. Player will access to all 27 stat combination via grinding.  All head gear with stats will use one of these 27 stat combinations. However, to get certain head gear with stats you'll have to buy them but the stat combination will not be unique...it will just be an aesthetic choice to have that headgear with those stats. 

 

But yes, you will be able to grind to unlock some items and any potential stat combination. 

 

On August 14th we'll have a full rundown of what DLC will be available. 


oh so, lets just say, I bought the jester Hat for Eddy Via PSN Store, do I get to pick the Combination of buff and de-buffs I want with it?

 

but If I earn it Via in-game accomplishments, the game will choose the Buffs and de-buffs?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 16 of 36 (443 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
594 posts
 

Re: New DLC Accessories will be Free

Aug 8, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

Very interesting theories but that's not how it works at all. For the head items with stats there are many  combinations of stat buffs and de-buffs for the head gear that you can see in-game before you choose to unlock it. There are 27 stats combinations, positive and negative. Player will access to all 27 stat combination via grinding.  All head gear with stats will use one of these 27 stat combinations. However, to get certain head gear with stats you'll have to buy them but the stat combination will not be unique...it will just be an aesthetic choice to have that headgear with those stats. 

 

But yes, you will be able to grind to unlock some items and any potential stat combination. 

 

On August 14th we'll have a full rundown of what DLC will be available. 


oh so, lets just say, I bought the jester Hat for Eddy Via PSN Store, do I get to pick the Combination of buff and de-buffs I want with it?

 

but If I earn it Via in-game accomplishments, the game will choose the Buffs and de-buffs?


Every hear gear with stats comes with their own set of pre-determined buff and de-buff. You can't chose the combination but different hear gear will have different combos. 

Message 17 of 36 (427 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4799 posts
 

Re: New DLC Accessories will be Free

Aug 8, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

abbasman47 wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

Very interesting theories but that's not how it works at all. For the head items with stats there are many  combinations of stat buffs and de-buffs for the head gear that you can see in-game before you choose to unlock it. There are 27 stats combinations, positive and negative. Player will access to all 27 stat combination via grinding.  All head gear with stats will use one of these 27 stat combinations. However, to get certain head gear with stats you'll have to buy them but the stat combination will not be unique...it will just be an aesthetic choice to have that headgear with those stats. 

 

But yes, you will be able to grind to unlock some items and any potential stat combination. 

 

On August 14th we'll have a full rundown of what DLC will be available. 


oh so, lets just say, I bought the jester Hat for Eddy Via PSN Store, do I get to pick the Combination of buff and de-buffs I want with it?

 

but If I earn it Via in-game accomplishments, the game will choose the Buffs and de-buffs?


Every hear gear with stats comes with their own set of pre-determined buff and de-buff. You can't chose the combination but different hear gear will have different combos. 


Please look at my thread @_@

 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Multiplayer-General/The-Solution-to-Item-Stats/m-p/37806313/m...

tlousig2
Message 18 of 36 (420 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Online
4839 posts
 

Re: New DLC Accessories will be Free

Aug 8, 2012

But Eric, why do we have to buy the same items for the heroes/villains that we can unlock for the Custom Villain/Hero. Why not all via treasures? Smiley Sad




Message 19 of 36 (414 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
594 posts
 

Re: New DLC Accessories will be Free

Aug 8, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

But Eric, why do we have to buy the same items for the heroes/villains that we can unlock for the Custom Villain/Hero. Why not all via treasures? Smiley Sad


I'm not sure where you're getting this info. Certain items are only available for certain skins. 

Message 20 of 36 (391 Views)
Reply
0 Likes