Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 05 2012
By: VarHyid Sackboy 556 posts

Some EXTREME Lab ideas

6 replies 370 views Edited Sep 5, 2012

First off - I have no idea what's technically possible and haven't read every single thread here so sorry if some of these ideas would be simply imporrible to do.

Here are some of my ideas for some truly obscure lab games:

1. Endurance TDM

50 kills or 20 minutes is sooo yesterday :smileywink: How about a 1,000 kill match? As in any match, everyone may leave the game and anyone else may join. If for some reason a whole team would leave, the game could be paused just as the elimination games with some "Waiting for new players" message on the screen.

Alternatively, an unlimited kill match, but one that would last... let's say 24 hours. Again, you can join or leave as you wish.

2. Ultimate Heroes vs Villains match

What? Isn't that what every match is about? Sure, but again - until you score your 50 kills. This would be an even more extreme version of an "endurance" match. Not directly, but rather in the "big picture". Matches could still be 50-kills-long or maybe slightly extended to 100-200 kills, but the main difference would be - you get to choose whether you're a villain or a hero (there would still be 5 vs 5 teams, this decision would just affect on what team you'll end up and it would be considered during matchmaking) and during this lab ALL kills for heroes and villains would be summarized.

3. Daredevils

A regular TDM with a small "modification" - everytime you score a kill you instantly and automatically taunt! Not by choice, that's how the mechanics would work. Sounds weird? Maybe, but think about it - you would need to consider where you stand when killing someone just to have a safe 2-3 seconds after the kill to not die yourself right away.

4. Bombardiers

No pistols, no long guns - just your fists and... 20 grenades... and a constant Quick Boom state for everyone :smileyhappy:

5. Bombardiers EXTREME

Same as #4, but now every grenade is a cluster bomb.

6. Resource management

Everybody's got his weapon of choice, but it will NOT refill if you die and respawn. The only way to get a "full" new weapon is to pick one up from a dead opponent (would be even more extreme if it would HAVE to be an opponene that only you have killed).

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 1 of 7 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Re: Some EXTREME Lab ideas

Sep 6, 2012
I like #6.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 2 of 7 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Sep 9, 2012

VarHyid wrote:

1. Endurance TDM

50 kills or 20 minutes is sooo yesterday :smileywink: How about a 1,000 kill match? As in any match, everyone may leave the game and anyone else may join. If for some reason a whole team would leave, the game could be paused just as the elimination games with some "Waiting for new players" message on the screen.

Alternatively, an unlimited kill match, but one that would last... let's say 24 hours. Again, you can join or leave as you wish.

I'd like it only if people were able to keep their progress- maybe after reaching a certain benchmark like X amount of kills.

2. Ultimate Heroes vs Villains match

What? Isn't that what every match is about? Sure, but again - until you score your 50 kills. This would be an even more extreme version of an "endurance" match. Not directly, but rather in the "big picture". Matches could still be 50-kills-long or maybe slightly extended to 100-200 kills, but the main difference would be - you get to choose whether you're a villain or a hero (there would still be 5 vs 5 teams, this decision would just affect on what team you'll end up and it would be considered during matchmaking) and during this lab ALL kills for heroes and villains would be summarized.

Interesting concept, but it may be simpler to have this in standard TDM. 

3. Daredevils

A regular TDM with a small "modification" - everytime you score a kill you instantly and automatically taunt! Not by choice, that's how the mechanics would work. Sounds weird? Maybe, but think about it - you would need to consider where you stand when killing someone just to have a safe 2-3 seconds after the kill to not die yourself right away.

I like this, but people would abuse Revenge/choose a short taunt. Turn off boosters and maybe have set taunts.

4. Bombardiers

No pistols, no long guns - just your fists and... 20 grenades... and a constant Quick Boom state for everyone :smileyhappy:

Let peple pick up grenades from corpses and (in every comp mode) reduce throwback radius.

5. Bombardiers EXTREME

Same as #4, but now every grenade is a cluster bomb.

Same, but EXTREME-er.

6. Resource management

Everybody's got his weapon of choice, but it will NOT refill if you die and respawn. The only way to get a "full" new weapon is to pick one up from a dead opponent (would be even more extreme if it would HAVE to be an opponene that only you have killed).

I like all of your ideas, but this one is especially intriguiging. No boosters (Daredevil would be an obvious choice if they were on) and you have a deal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 3 of 7 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

VarHyid wrote:

1. Endurance TDM

I'd like it only if people were able to keep their progress- maybe after reaching a certain benchmark like X amount of kills.

Yeah, forgot to mention that - there would be no penalty for quitting and any progress would be saved (I think even without any benchmark to avoid stat-quitters otherwise people with 5 kills and 15 deaths would just quit to not let the stats save).

In general, I'm a fan of some... longer and more extreme matches, just as I wish there was some kind of unlimited co-op survival mode (or at least some extreme version with, let's say 50 rounds of pure survival), I would enjoy a HUGE deathmatch :smileyhappy: Imagine a 5 hour session in ONE single match - of course optional, but if someone would like to stay for long they could. It might be fun and it would be interesting to see how after a while people would start to come up with new strategies, see what mistakes the opponents make or maybe try something new for a change like... NOT using only half of the London Metro map :smileywink:

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 4 of 7 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Sep 10, 2012
I like #3 and #4. Although with 3 I would like to see a TDM where you only score the kill point if you taunt over a dead body. Even if us not your kill. Imagine a team taunting over all kills. I think I'll update my fan created lab thread with some of your ideas.
Check it out here.
Message 5 of 7 (329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 19, 2012

#1 sounds awesome. I had the same idea. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 6 of 7 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone know when Update 1.15 is coming out.

Give us new ranks! No? Ok. :smileysad:

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/NFS-P-s-n-][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/NFS-P-s-n-.png[/IMG][/URL]

Message 7 of 7 (243 Views)
0 Likes