First Son
5 posts

Re: So about this new matchmaking

Oct 16, 2012

It'll change the teammates you're going to play with. The system right now can't see the difference between the people that are no legacy and the people in the last legacy with the star, but now the people in the last legacy will be marked as 100. 

------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
626 posts

Oct 16, 2012
i really hope it changes it that i am not constantly up against 5th lagacy(yea i said LAGacy) when i am not even 1st legacy.
I am just curious as to why every single game company has to give the advantage to the people with bad connections.All the people who pay good money for their internet and have good speeds are handicapped.having it that way promotes lag switching or throttling your internet to give you an advantage.
It should be if you lag,you are stuck in place and be easily killed. As it is now,if you lag you are in god mode.On a regular basis i watch laggy people take 3-5 headshots and get meleed 2 to 4 times and still just walk away. the other night i watched a 5th Lagacy using invalid survive 2 headshots and a melee from me,he killed me and i watched as he was immediately punched 3 more times by teammates as he killed them and then he dies as he is walking away.
Also whats the deal with idle people constantly in games now? Dont you get kicked if you dont move for a certain amount of time?
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (188 Views)
Survivor
2173 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2012

I know right? I left Modern Warfare 3 many months ago for this very issue although I'm elite premium. IMHO, for games that aren't awesome enough to have dedicated servers (Battlefield 3 does!) Modern Warfare 2 did the best job with lag. It had host advantage and selected the host based on ping and connection speed. I don't why Call of Duty screwed it all up with black ops and implemented lag comp. 1 person with alright advantage is better than several people with it, if we can't have severs. What's with this communist policy of punishing those who pay more?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2799 posts

Oct 16, 2012
@jjjkur every P2P game has lag compensation (including MW2). It's just the algorithms they use decide what "fair" is. Apparently U3 and MW3 want slower long distance players to have an advantage. U2 had lag, but when you we're too slow, you we're frozen basically. Not you're action continues while the host tries to catch up... then bang! Shotgun M9 spray.. 2 more kills then he finally dies after taking several bullets and melees.

Dedicated servers would make laggers seem laggy and probably make them want to quit. No real advantage.

Region lock option would at least "try" to keep long distance matchups from happening. As this is the most common lag issue.
http://YouTube.com/0oBLiTZoo
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Oct 16, 2012

ND is dumb. All parties will use a Legacy 0 leader for obvious reasons.

/thread

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (152 Views)
Wastelander
792 posts

Oct 16, 2012

So true this won't change anything

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2799 posts

Oct 17, 2012
Just like U2. I remember guys logging out then back in under their low level alt account so they could be party leader and play noobs all night.

Besides, co-op guys who have gotten max rank will still have to face real max rank guys. Even if they only play competitive occasionally.

Bad system. It should be based on loxation first. Weekly or monthly W/L ratio second. Weekly or monthly kdr third. Then finally rank. But maybe this is too hard to do? Or maybe certain people wouldn't ever find a match?

http://YouTube.com/0oBLiTZoo
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (121 Views)
Wastelander
792 posts

Oct 17, 2012
hey bro just if you want to know most people who have a star are really good at competitive too. some are not but most are
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Oct 17, 2012

^ Yeap, ND doesn't learn from their mistakes and history repeats itself.

The same thing will happen with UC4 MP... it will have ping-based matchmaking for the first few months and then people will start crying about the "unfair" matchmaking.

Anyway, enjoy more noobstomping/steamrolling a la UC2 MP style! Sometimes it will be funny though when 2 parties of 5 tryhards will meet each other! :smileylol:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 17, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

^ Yeap, ND doesn't learn from their mistakes and history repeats itself.

The same thing will happen with UC4 MP... it will have ping-based matchmaking for the first few months and then people will start crying about the "unfair" matchmaking.

Anyway, enjoy more noobstomping/steamrolling a la UC2 MP style! Sometimes it will be funny though when 2 parties of 5 tryhards will meet each other! :smileylol:

Tapantaola, do you think patch 1.15's matchmaking improvements will help lagging and 20 feet melee?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (102 Views)
0 Likes