Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Re: So NaughtyDog are taking more money from us? :(

Aug 22, 2012

lEvilDeadl wrote:

ForcedKin wrote:

Monochrome_F3ar wrote:
Theyre trying to appeal to casual gamers. not people who can spend massive amounts of time on this game to get a single weapon. I dont blame ND. In fact i applaud them for their solution.

Then why not give everyone them all for free?

why don't they just give everybody a copy of Uncharted 3 for free?  why not give everyone the FHC for free?  why not throw in a copy of The Last of Us for free too? 

what they give you is a choice.  If you are a very frugile person and can't stand to spend .50-$1.00 for an item, you can earn them in game for free.   If you'd rather buy an in-game item than a candy bar, you can do that too.

Because then they would lose more money than gain... But by giving people free dlc it would keep the consumer happy, therefore pre-ordering their next game (therefore spending extra money in total) because they feel like it's a developer they can trust. It's simple, but still a concept that a lot of people don't seem to understand. Obviously things like map packs that take a large amount of time to produce should be sold. I for one will not be pre-ordering the last of us, even though I was planning to, because they seem to have changed their attitude towards dlc and are becoming more like many of the other companies with their milking bs. Don't even get me started on tournament tickets

Message 51 of 54 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Aug 23, 2012

To be honest I really don't care, if people want to spend real money for something that you can get for free if you put in the time and effort then fine. I put in the the time and unlocked all in game guns before 1.13 so the only things I purchased today were the Comic-Con and E3 weapons and a few of the exclusive shirts that were unobtainable for me as I live in the UK.

But like I said before if people want to spend real money on virtual things that can't be used outside of when there playing the game then let them, I don't care because im sure sooner or later I'll unlock the new head gear without spending any money.

Im mean seriously some of you on this forum are acting like the multiplayer is actually un-playable because ND have created a shortcut for people that dont have the time that some of us on here have. Smiley Indifferent

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 52 of 54 (137 Views)
Wastelander
724 posts

Aug 23, 2012
It's a matter of choice. Personally for me, I wanted certain weapons. But the treasure drop system kept getting me duplicates and/or "just cash". I got tired of going nowhere, so I bought them... and I'm glad I did.
Message 53 of 54 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Aug 24, 2012

If it were just about unlocking items faster then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But as they have stats attached to them and you can only buy the items that are for individual characters and just get the ones for the custom characters for free then it puts people who don't buy them at a disadvantage. with the characters you can have an additional booster slot, whereas you can't with custom. A way to solve it would be to keep the stats on the custom's head items and remove them from the character items, therefore all you can buy would be to either unlock items faster or to customise your character

Message 54 of 54 (83 Views)
0 Likes