Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 25 2012
By: hellsing3000 Splicer 44 posts

So.... NO Multiplayer for the Last of Us? Promote your multiplayer modes, Naughty Dog.

26 replies 449 views Edited Aug 25, 2012

I see all these great cinematic moments for the Last Of Us and not even a mention of multiplayer. I really liked UC3 single player but I'm still playing it because of the Multiplayer by the way any other game pales in comparison to it. 

I always see this with Naughty Dog. They don't mention anything about their fantastic multiplayer modes and everyone thinks that their games are strictly Campaign and Co Op. I will say again, UC3 is the most competitive and exciting multiplayer game that I've ever played. So, why aren't Naughty Dog publicly repeating this at every Gaming show they visit. All it takes is to say that the multiplayer is amazing or yes there will be multiplayer.

To confirm my claims, take this scenario into consideration. I visited a Gamestop a couple of weeks ago, and was asking the store clerk about any hot new games out there and somehow we started talking about Uncharted 3. Surprisingly, this guy knew nothing of the UC3 multiplayer not only that but he hadn't finished the campaign but was raving about the graphics. So, I"m like if this guy isn't even playing it then he must be referring people to inferior games like Cod (for me BF3 sorry think its boring) or maybe even Max Payne3 or Ghost Recon(feel like it  it was made 10 yrs ago).

Even the God of War series is pushing their new multiplayer mode out front and getting it into the hands of journalist and reviewers asap.  You guys keep doing it wrong by putting your community gameplay on the back burner or just  a bonus every time.We shouldn't be the ones promoting it, you should be. Multiplayer is social and should be alongside every jaw dropping cinematic clip you post.

My point is this stop making UC series a one time only game that people ignore and start giving a lil more attention to the community side of the game that offers the social connection and get it into the hands of the people that will refer the game to more players that are fed up with Cod and the likes. So, the next show you go to I would like to know if it is single player only or show me some multiplayer footage. Push it out there naughty dog because this is the huge misconception with the game and why I never got to play UC2 because I thought it was just a single player game. Multiplayer is the new life blood of gaming and naughty dog should take it more seriously because it is truly innovative.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (449 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3702 posts

Re: So.... NO Multiplayer for the Last of Us? Promote your multiplayer modes, Naughty Dog.

Aug 25, 2012
If they don't have a co-op unlimited zombie survival then ND have ballsed up again
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

Re: So.... NO Multiplayer for the Last of Us? Promote your multiplayer modes, Naughty Dog.

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

In the gameinformer, one of the people working on the game said there was going to be multiplayer component.

watchdogs
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Aug 25, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
620 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

I don't know. The last of us will have multiplayer of some sort, probably co-op at least. Seeing the footage, I don't know how they will turn it into competitive multiplayer. I'm sure they'll find a way though.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

Aug 25, 2012

BurstLimitKL wrote:

I don't know how they will turn it into competitive multiplayer. I'm sure they'll find a way though.

Easy. Good guys on one team, bad guys on another. Give em guns. Make some maps. The end.

watchdogs
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

I don't know how they will turn it into competitive multiplayer. I'm sure they'll find a way though.

Easy. Good guys on one team, bad guys on another. Give em guns. Make some maps. The end.

Epilogue: People complaining about everything in the multi. *see Uncharted 2 and 3*

0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Aug 25, 2012

I always thought that less people play uc3 multiplayer because more people seem to prefer fps. Either way, I think it would be much better if more people played this game, because it may make it easier to find matches, but also make it possible to specify which maps you want to play rather than just have a dlc on off switch 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

Aug 25, 2012

Zonnex wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Epilogue: People complaining about everything in the multi. *see Uncharted 2 and 3*

Actually, ND should make it like U2, and learn from their mistakes. Just make it a simple and balanced multiplayer. No unrealistic perks.

Obviously, you won't see kickbacks and boosters in a realistic post-apocalyptic world. I think it's common sense.

If there happened to be boosters, they should make it simple and realistic. For instance:

- Start with more ammo

- Have more running speed

- Gain ammo from streaks

Simple things like that. No stuff like dropping a grenade when you die, or see players after two deaths. That would be unecessary.

watchdogs
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (350 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Zonnex wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Actually, ND should make it like U2, and learn from their mistakes. Just make it a simple and balanced multiplayer. No unrealistic perks.

Obviously, you won't see kickbacks and boosters in a realistic post-apocalyptic world. I think it's common sense.

If there happened to be boosters, they should make it simple and realistic. For instance:

- Start with more ammo

- Have more running speed

- Gain ammo from streaks

Simple things like that. No stuff like dropping a grenade when you die, or see players after two deaths. That would be unecessary.

They will complain no matter what. Please some; anger many.

0 Likes