I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: So I Played For The First Time Since 1.15 Happened

Nov 7, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

So, you don't have anything to suggest... let's deal with the current mess and do nothing about it. Smiley Indifferent

It's not like anything will be done regardless. It's too late in the games life to change major things around like this.

Also, on a side note I didn't realise you made the region toggle thread lol, nothing against those ideas I just think it's not going to happen and if anything does happen it needs to be major and not just one change like making it ping based. I think there needs to be a minimum connection speed required to log on, if you don't have the required speed, you shouldn't be able to play, now I know it kind of seems cruel to kick off people who can't afford or can't have faster intenet, especially those over seas, but the PS2 did the same thing by having alot of games that don't support dial up connections and back then there was alot of dial up users on their playstation 2 and not alot of games supported them, if we could kick them off then, why can't we kick off slow connections now? But until it's made s othat slow connections aren't allowed then they might as well join up with people across the globe and lag around the field as they please, and there isn't much that can be done as long as they're able to connect to the multiplayer.

Message 11 of 14 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

It's never too late to implement a ping filter toggle. I know that it's technically possible ("searching for close players"). Please read the entire thread, it's not a "strict" region lock per se. I'm tired of repeating myself. I'm going to change the thread title.

You also forget the fact that "slower" connections may not be able to play 10-player modes (especially TDM intros) without packet loss, but they can still play 3TDM and Co-op, because they have lower bandwidth requirements.

I could suggest a highly elaborate matchmaking/netcode algorithm, which would take into account downstream/upstream speed, latency, packet loss, jitter, connectivity (NAT Type) and connection type (ethernet or wifi), but that would be too much work for ND. Let's keep it simple stupid for now, shall we?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 12 of 14 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Nov 7, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

There is no solution for this. First people got angry and said "You stupid Naughty Dog! Learn how to make a game and stop putting me in a team with noobs ffs >:["

Now that problem is fixed by level based match making and people hate being matched up with laggers.

I've seen a lot of people complain but nobody came with a good solution that matches the same levels togheter, Matches people from the same regio AND finds players in the time it should.

Ping-based matchmaking & team balancing AFTER finding players.

There you go, fair and balanced.

Hmm, Well that's an idea.

Message 13 of 14 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Harold-Da-Man wrote:
Who thinks the the new block mesh map is ugly?

Not me, I think it looks the coolest out of all of them.

Message 14 of 14 (118 Views)