Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 07 2012
By: Harold-Da-Man I Only Post Everything 894 posts

So I Played For The First Time Since 1.15 Happened

13 replies 269 views Edited Nov 7, 2012
This patch me gusta. Matchmaking is awesome, and I have finally started to complete my treasure sets.

Who thinks the the new block mesh map is ugly?

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 1 of 14 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Re: So I Played For The First Time Since 1.15 Happened

Nov 7, 2012

Matchmaking is awesome? :/

Message 2 of 14 (257 Views)
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Yes, I'm no longer put on a team with low legacies, with all 5th legacy 75's on the other team. I don't get why people are complaining.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 3 of 14 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Harold-Da-Man wrote:
Yes, I'm no longer put on a team with low legacies, with all 5th legacy 75's on the other team. I don't get why people are complaining.

You're going to come under fire for saying that. People seem to be furious about it, I really don't pay attention to whom I am matched up against so levels don't matter to me, I've never notcied lag increase since the patch. I don't ever get bugged by lag like everyone though.

Message 4 of 14 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2216 posts

Nov 7, 2012

There is no solution for this. First people got angry and said "You stupid Naughty Dog! Learn how to make a game and stop putting me in a team with noobs ffs >:["

Now that problem is fixed by level based match making and people hate being matched up with laggers.

I've seen a lot of people complain but nobody came with a good solution that matches the same levels togheter, Matches people from the same regio AND finds players in the time it should.

Signature02.png

Message 5 of 14 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

There is no solution for this. First people got angry and said "You stupid Naughty Dog! Learn how to make a game and stop putting me in a team with noobs ffs >:["

Now that problem is fixed by level based match making and people hate being matched up with laggers.

I've seen a lot of people complain but nobody came with a good solution that matches the same levels togheter, Matches people from the same regio AND finds players in the time it should.

Ping-based matchmaking & team balancing AFTER finding players.

There you go, fair and balanced.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 6 of 14 (203 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Nov 7, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

Except all the parties of 3-5 who would totally screw everything up, also with some people using wireless you'll have inoncsistant connections which means someone could have good ping for a few minutes then it drops and you'll have more complaints and more problems.

Message 7 of 14 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

Except all the parties of 3-5 who would totally screw everything up, also with some people using wireless you'll have inoncsistant connections which means someone could have good ping for a few minutes then it drops and you'll have more complaints and more problems.

It doesn't make sense to split parties... oh wait, that already happens! :smileyindifferent:

Regarding WiFi, what do you suggest? I know it's not ideal, but you cannot ban WiFi connections.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 8 of 14 (184 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Nov 7, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

It doesn't make sense to split parties... oh wait, that already happens! :smileyindifferent:

Regarding WiFi, what do you suggest? I know it's not ideal, but you cannot ban WiFi connections.

It happens, but you mentioned level based matching after opponents are selected, but alot of people play in parties and thats going to mess that idea up, as well with WIFI connections having inconsistant connections will ruin the idea of ping based match making because it'll be an un-sure thing. And not just wifi, alot of internet connections are inconsistant regardless of it being wireless or not, due to traffic on the users router. I just don't think it's as simple as matching players together based on ping alone. I've grown to get over lag, it was awful in Uncharted 2 it's pretty bad in Uncharted 3. It's just what happens when you don't have a huge player base and no region lock, you can't really do too much.

And before anyone suggest region toggle I know, I know people want that, it's been suggested 300 times. It won't happen.

Message 9 of 14 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 7, 2012

So, you don't have anything to suggest... let's deal with the current mess and do nothing about it. :smileyindifferent:

Message 10 of 14 (169 Views)
0 Likes