Highlighted
Aug 14 2012
By: ryumitch1 Uncharted Territory 1564 posts

Skins Part Of The Loadout (Kudos is over there, it doesn't need to be in the title! ->)

49 replies 1042 views Edited Aug 14, 2012

So after the heat of the moment a few days ago i'm back here again... As much as i dislike the place theres alot of good stuff too, and alot of good people. This is also only the real way to get ND's attention. Now that that's out of the way, this is an idea i had a little while after the patch and some other people have also mentioned a similar idea. I'm going to take it into a bit more depth as to how it could work, and i have some (pretty badly done) mock up pictures that i did in 30 minutes or so.

Now that we have stat hats, it gives us that extra boost. However, i use different weapons in different situations. For example, the dragon is almost always a sure shot for Underground, Syria etc... Where as the AK is my weapon of choice for maps like desert village, london streets. Now, i like the yeti mask, and i have been using it often. Only problem is, it gives me an advantage while using the dragon (Scope wobble), but with the AK, it doesn't have an effect, but it is affected by the negative (lower clip size).

This is a problem in my opinion, people will most likely avoid the stat hats because of the negative effect it can have depending on the weapon they choose. I am going to give an idea on how this could work with some pictures:

norm.jpg

This is what we have right now for weapon loadouts. Now, i think this layout works well for the weapons, so i wouldn't want to change it. Taking skins into account, we cannot save skins in a loadout slot in a similar way to the guns, which causes said problems with the introduction of stat hats. So what if we were able to save the skin with the stat items of choice into a small databse of skins?

skin savename.jpg

When you have your skin created, just go to the top of the list and click "save" the 'skin name' window will appear, where you can input the skins name. In this case, it's "descendant".

Once this operation has been performed, the skin should be saved into the database of skins, which will then allow the player to choose the skin of choice. This is also handy for saving multiple custom characters, as remaking them every time can be annoying. So, where do we go from here? Lets go back to the weapon loadouts, shall we?

newloadout.jpg

Aha! now what do we have here?

Well, now we have the added 'Character appearance' button on the list. When you use this button, the skin database will be displayed with the different stats they have equipped. You can choose each skin for each loadout! (heroes and villains could be a subsection of this menu)

As you can see now, the skin is shown with the stats that come with it. I decided to put this skin onto my AK loadout as i often run low on ammo. I would use the yeti mask for my Dragon loadout, beecause scope wobble decreasing is very handy!

So this has been one of my more in depth posts, but i believe in the idea and really wan't something implemented that works like this does. It only makes sense, right?

Thanks for reading,

Ryu

Message 1 of 50 (1,042 Views)
Survivor
2224 posts

Re: Skins Part Of The Loadout (Kudos is over there, it doesn't need to be in the title! ->)

Aug 14, 2012

Will I be able to delete a skin if i don't like it anymore (when you saved a created skin as in the 'descendant' case) or will it always be in the database if I mess up? [If they ever make this work.]

Message 2 of 50 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
418 posts

Re: Skins Part Of The Loadout (Kudos is over there, it doesn't need to be in the title! ->)

Aug 14, 2012
An excellent idea. If we have four loadouts, we should get four saved skins for Heroes and Villains (8 total). Love it
Message 3 of 50 (1,001 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

Asraik wrote:

Will I be able to delete a skin if i don't like it anymore (when you saved a created skin as in the 'descendant' case) or will it always be in the database if I mess up? [If they ever make this work.]

Yep! skins can be deleted if you want. There would be a limit on the number of skins you can make (im thinking 4 villains and 4 heroes) and obviously you would need to delete another skin before saving your new one. A message like "You have reached the maximum number of skins, please delete an existing one to save your replacement"

Message 4 of 50 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

ryumitch1 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Yep! skins can be deleted if you want. There would be a limit on the number of skins you can make (im thinking 4 villains and 4 heroes) and obviously you would need to delete another skin before saving your new one. A message like "You have reached the maximum number of skins, please delete an existing one to save your replacement"

Will I be also able to save the colors/accessories equipped on lets say Elena or Chloe. Switch to a different character and return to them to have the options saved still? (Although I don't think it would be possible to do this or can see ND ever doing it. You never know though.)

Message 5 of 50 (984 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Yet another AMAZING idea that ND won't use. They probably will not even look at the thread. *Sigh....*

Message 6 of 50 (981 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Wouldn't you have to choose two skins per loadout hero/villian?

Message 7 of 50 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Asraik wrote:

ryumitch1 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Will I be also able to save the colors/accessories equipped on lets say Elena or Chloe. Switch to a different character and return to them to have the options saved still? (Although I don't think it would be possible to do this or can see ND ever doing it. You never know though.)

Well, i'd hope that this 'saving skin' could resolve that issue! everything on the character will be saved. So it shouls stay exactly as it is when saved. Many games can do this kind of 'skin saving' thing...even wrestling games save very specific variables.

Message 8 of 50 (971 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

ryumitch1 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

ryumitch1 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Well, i'd hope that this 'saving skin' could resolve that issue! everything on the character will be saved. So it shouls stay exactly as it is when saved. Many games can do this kind of 'skin saving' thing...even wrestling games save very specific variables.

Many games can do a lot of things this one can't. Also vice versa, so I wouldn't get too hopeful as adding more colors to choose from seems to be impossible to do (I love all the shades of brown.)

Message 9 of 50 (958 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Aug 14, 2012

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Wouldn't you have to choose two skins per loadout hero/villian?

Yep! i mentioned in the OP there could be a subsection for heroes/villains Smiley Tongue)

Message 10 of 50 (956 Views)
0 Likes