Reply
Dec 22 2011
By: fistsofl3d1279 First Son 27 posts
Offline

Scoped In

21 replies 47 views Edited Dec 22, 2011

I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet, probably because it is an underused booster, but here's my problem with it:

Scoped In takes an unnecessarily long time to level up, because The Long Ranger Medals are too hard to get. This medal is practically only accessible on large maps such as Museum and Highrise. Any other map does not have the 70 meter range to accomplish this. So here are two of my solutions:

1. Decrease The Long Ranger's required range to 60, maybe even 50, meters. That way, there is a small chance it can be earned on every map.

2. Use the Head Hunter medal to level up Scoped In instead. Since I often use the Dragon Sniper along with Scoped In, this combination is very useful to line up more headshots. I think it is more fair to encourage people to try to get headshots instead of running to the other side of the map to try to snipe people that may not be 70 meters away.

That's all I have for now. I encourage Naughty Dog to fix this booster as well because it is grossly underpowered if it is impossible to get to gold. Or am I missing something? Feedback would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 22 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20308 posts
 

Re: Scoped In

Dec 22, 2011

fistsofl3d1279 wrote:

2. Use the Head Hunter medal to level up Scoped In instead. Since I often use the Dragon Sniper along with Scoped In, this combination is very useful to line up more headshots. I think it is more fair to encourage people to try to get headshots instead of running to the other side of the map to try to snipe people that may not be 70 meters away.

I recommended that first.

Message 2 of 22 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/13/2010
Offline
3928 posts
 

Re: Scoped In

Dec 22, 2011

Levelling up Scoped In with headshots is actually a great idea. However, I think the possible problem with that is you can get headshots with any weapon easily. Scoped In was likely implemented to aid those whom use the Sniper, and as such why The Long Ranger was used.

Nevertheless it's an interesting suggestion and one I'd like (as I get a lot of headshots.)

Another thing that baffles me is the supposed 70 metres distance. For comparison, the mdeal Hail mary required you to get a grenade kill from 50 metres away or more. Some of the times I've got a Hail Mary seem somewhat close, and honestly, that 20 metres isn't a huge distance to make up. I do realise that The Long Ranger requires 3 kills at >70 metres.

Message 3 of 22 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4384 posts
 

Re: Scoped In

Dec 22, 2011

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

fistsofl3d1279 wrote:

2. Use the Head Hunter medal to level up Scoped In instead. Since I often use the Dragon Sniper along with Scoped In, this combination is very useful to line up more headshots. I think it is more fair to encourage people to try to get headshots instead of running to the other side of the map to try to snipe people that may not be 70 meters away.

I recommended that first.

Yeah, it was Da_Almighty_Guy's idea first! I was there! I died for him when he was trying to level up Scope In.

Anyway, excellent OP. I don't think it was the underpowered booster. The gold level can be quite powerful and handy with Dragon Sniper. It's just hard to get Long Ranger and level up, you know. There was a thread about how to get Long Ranger medals...

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 4 of 22 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20308 posts
 

Re: Scoped In

Dec 22, 2011

FredFai wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

fistsofl3d1279 wrote:

2. Use the Head Hunter medal to level up Scoped In instead. Since I often use the Dragon Sniper along with Scoped In, this combination is very useful to line up more headshots. I think it is more fair to encourage people to try to get headshots instead of running to the other side of the map to try to snipe people that may not be 70 meters away.

I recommended that first.

Yeah, it was Da_Almighty_Guy's idea first! I was there! I died for him when he was trying to level up Scope In.

I meant that I had a whole thread on changing it to Head Hunter on the old forums.

Message 5 of 22 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4384 posts
 

Re: Scoped In

Dec 22, 2011

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

I meant that I had a whole thread on changing it to Head Hunter on the old forums.

I know what you're talking about.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 6 of 22 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20308 posts
 

Re: Scoped In

Dec 22, 2011

FredFai wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

I meant that I had a whole thread on changing it to Head Hunter on the old forums.

I know what you're talking about.

The way you presented it made it sound like you didn't.

Message 7 of 22 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
27 posts
 

Re: Scoped In

Dec 22, 2011

Really? Well, it's a good thing I brought it up again , because I can't find it now. Sorry, Da_Almighty_Guy, for not giving credit.

And I can sense that Scoped In gold will not be underpowered once I reach it. The hard part is getting there.

Message 8 of 22 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4384 posts
 

Re: Scoped In

Dec 22, 2011

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

FredFai wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

I meant that I had a whole thread on changing it to Head Hunter on the old forums.

I know what you're talking about.

The way you presented it made it sound like you didn't.

I give up.

Below is the thread that gives tips on how to get Long Ranger medals.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4598377

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 9 of 22 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/17/2011
Offline
811 posts
 

Re: Scoped In

Dec 23, 2011

FredFai wrote

I give up.

Below is the thread that gives tips on how to get Long Ranger medals.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4598377

lol, I was about to link to that.

____________________________________________________________
Original creator of the Uncharted 3 Quintuple RPG.
Message 10 of 22 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes