Survivor
2412 posts

Re: ScoobyCool is Rweaving Uncharted 3 :(

Sep 21, 2012

scoobycool wrote:

Forgot to mention this in the OP:

Naughty Dog, please refer to Uncharted 2 when making UC4's multiplayer.

You guys messed up on UC3. I'll admit, there are a few things that were introduced in UC3 that are a pleasant addition to the Uncharted Multiplayer universe . (eg. Wall-Climbing Melee, Ziplines, Turrets).

But things like spawning power weapons into your hands, shooting weapons at a faster Rate of Fire, Blindfire only weapons, loadouts (Yes, loadouts. Read the last paragraph in this post for more on that), weapons that kill in 4-5 rapid fast shots, etc.

You know, things like this? They ruin the fantastic Uncharted experience. Not to mention that the Uncharted servers (in both 2 and 3) are not region locked which results in horrible lag. I understand the reasoning as to why region locked servers are not implented in Uncharted (small player pool), but things like RoF Mods and the KAL-7 combined with the laggy player makes this game.. just really horrible to play.

Now as to why I think Loadouts ruined this game.. Uncharted 2 was perfect with everybody spawning the exact same weapons when a match starts, the AK-47 and 92FS-9mm. Everybody rushed to get the RPG. Rushed to get the Hammer. Rushed to get the Sniper. And even to get the M4. Rushing to get weapons inspires teamwork and made the gameplay a whole lot more fun. In Uncharted 3, you can literally spawn with all of these weapons that you used to rush for! Nobody rushes for power weapons anymore, they can just slap on the RPG or Hammer kickback, put the Sniper in their loadout, and voila! Gameplay in UC3 is a lot more stale because of loadouts, believe it or not. People actually had their own personal objectives in UC2 TDM, such as rushing to get the power weapon. Now in UC3 all it is is "shoot-to-kill when enemy is in sight", in pretty much every single playlist. There is no unique way of play anymore for the individual player!

I'll say it again. Please refer to Uncharted 2 when making Uncharted 4's multiplayer. Thanks.

Im 

Creep
Message 11 of 20 (405 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4401 posts

Sep 21, 2012
I hope you are aware of Classic mode being released in the next patch, but don't keep your expectations too high because anything bad can happen, or lag may not get even better.

You did a great job contributing to the forums during the first six months. We went through hell ever since the subway beta was released. Well, I understand your feelings. Enjoy whatever's left for you in the future. You will be missed. Peace out.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 12 of 20 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Sep 21, 2012

scoobycool wrote:

As some of you may know, I haven't played Uncharted in nearly a month. Why? Well, because:

Cool story bro
Message 13 of 20 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

I like Uncharted 3 better than Uncharted 2, to be honest, but I understand where you're coming from, Scooby.

There are things in U3 that frustrate the living **bleep** out of me every day!

Smoke bomb barely working, enemies sometimes dropping double Revenge 'nades, deaths by RoF M9s, deaths by Revenge 'nades (both enemies and teammates alike) are just a few of the things that I can't stand (and don't even get me started on how bad they butchered co-op). And yet...I come back everyday to play more games.

For some reason, despite the flaws and annoyances, I still have a blast playing this game. It's just so much fun, and that, for me, is what all comes down to: fun. Never has a video game given me as much enjoyment (although U2 is very close) as Uncharted 3 has.

Scooby, I bid you adieu. I hope you find enjoyment in other video games.

Message 14 of 20 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Skewbee is Rweaving? NOOOOOO. 1 by 1 we will be losing good posters until we are left with nobody, then the game will be desserted. When that day comes, I will miss joo all. And by that I mean this is one of the most strange unique communities I've ever seen.

Message 15 of 20 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Do people really have to announce that they are leaving? Nobody cares. 

Just being honest..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 16 of 20 (314 Views)
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Well that's a another goddamn shame...

I'll be seeing you, Scooby! Have fun with whatever you decide to do.

Message 17 of 20 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I want to leave uncharted too! ND Y U MAKE UC ADDICTING!?

Message 18 of 20 (225 Views)
Sackboy
488 posts

Sep 21, 2012

WOW this is off topic!!!!!!!! Smiley Tongue anyways i wanted to say bye scooby, we really didnt play much together, but when we did it was fun, i hope you have fun playing other games, and hey maybe i will see you on UN2 when i reach highest lvl in UN3.

Message 19 of 20 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3810 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

scoobycool wrote:

A: I'm bored of it.

Me too. Co-op with my buddies is really the only thing that keeps me playing this game.

B: Too many problems.

Yep.

C: My expectations for this game were horribly.. not met...

It's a bit same for me too. It still is (was) quite enjoyable experience.

D: Naughty Dog's communication with their community is horrible.

Definitely.

Edit:  This thread has run its course and will now be locked

Message 20 of 20 (234 Views)
0 Likes