Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/20/2012
Offline
1018 posts
 

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [48 Kudos][18 Possible Changes]

Nov 28, 2012
We have some many things in common JD
It's almost creppy xD
Message 121 of 157 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/26/2010
Offline
2290 posts
 

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [48 Kudos][18 Possible Changes]

Nov 28, 2012

fairytailced wrote:
We have some many things in common JD
It's almost creppy xD

Lol, that's the cool thing about the Internet. There is a GOOD side to it, where you meet people, even though they are 100s of miles away, you can still have so much incommon with them. Awesome, huh?

Message 122 of 157 (159 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/20/2012
Offline
1018 posts
 

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [48 Kudos][18 Possible Changes]

Nov 28, 2012
Hell yeah
A best friend from my country's next door neighbor
Message 123 of 157 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/25/2008
Offline
626 posts
 

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [45 Kudos][17 Possible Changes]

Nov 28, 2012

JD-- wrote:

HYPNOSIS wrote:

Any word yet on changes to the treasure system? 

I haven't been on in like a week with the holiday and all.

Also JD-- I didnt forget about getting your assisstance with those last 2 co-op trophies. As i said above,i just havnt been on due to the holiday and parties and such lol.

I should be on UC3 most nights. Wed.,thurs., and Sun. nights i have clan practice on a different game,but i sometimes even jump on UC3 afterwards on those nights also.


Alright, bud. I'll help you, don't worry. And don't you think I've forgotten. Smiley Wink


Thank you and see you online.

Message 124 of 157 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/26/2010
Offline
2290 posts
 

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [48 Kudos][18 Possible Changes]

Nov 28, 2012

fairytailced wrote:
Hell yeah
A best friend from my country's next door neighbor

Haha, yup. Smiley Wink

Message 125 of 157 (142 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/17/2010
Offline
1135 posts
 

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [48 Kudos][18 Possible Changes]

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Well looking back at the Q&A Thread...

 


Trawnza wrote:

  10.  When can we expect a rare treasure drop weekend (especially for co-op)? How are we supposed to complete the Co-Op Treasure sets when it's based on PURE LUCK? (GS2_PK)

 

Well, random treasure drops are just that; they’re random. We have discussed rare treasure drop weekends internally and plan to roll some out in the future. If we do them it could be a competitive only weekend or a co-op only weekend or a competitive and co-op weekend. We’ll announce it on the Naughty Dog blog when it happens. 



If it's one thing they've done Wrong with Co-op, it's the Treasures.  I mean the idea of Treasures is Awesome in itself however the way to obtain the Treasures is like ND saying  "Well Good Luck with that, They're Random"     

 

Play Hunter mode normally you'll proably get a Few Treasures,  Farm for them?  Probably have a higher chance of obtaining what you need, however sit by those Treasure Chests! Completely forget about the objective! 

Message 126 of 157 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 04/21/2010
Offline
43 posts
 

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [51 Kudos][18 Possible Changes]

Nov 29, 2012
Well at least they've considered a rare treasure drop weekend
Just hope that if becomes a will be
Message 127 of 157 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [51 Kudos][18 Possible Changes]

Nov 29, 2012

Video gaming must be the only industry that can have such a blatant disregard for customer service, yet do so well it terms of revenue. Anyone else would suffer significant losses as customers turned away but time after time, the same people who complain about shortcoming in the product and absolutely NO after sales service queue up to buy the next instalment.

 

Im a trophy completionist and currently have everything ive ever played on the PS3 at 100%. Except UC3 of course.

 

This thread would be a godsend. Logical, rational and full of creative and constructive ideas to ease the pain of treasure collecting for people who have paid good money to enjoy this game and are expecting to be rewarded for doing so. Only in this industry would this be not be ignored, but realised, understood by the developers, and THEN ignored.

 

Only idea I can come up with not in the OP is to guarantee a drop you dont have already after so many duplicates, say 100 for example. If you continue playing Co-op and reach 100 drops without having received a treasure you had yet to find, the next drop was a guaranteed treasure you needed.

 

Of course I know nothing will change and i'll be forced to sit there playing Hunter over and over and over, knowing Im not playing a game I actually want to play thanks to my bloody-minded 'must have 100%' attitude. Im putting an end to my days of Uncharted after this. I enjoy the SP campaign alot, and the MP is actually fun, at least most modes are, but the fun now is far outweighed by the frustration of treasure grinding. Knowing ND are the same ilk as EA in that they simply dont care about these things or the effect it may have on micro-transactions assures me that UC4 will only add to this frustration.

 

To the 'Treasure Guy' who came up with the idea in the development phase, well done, a really good concept. The execution though and the decision to make them random ..... shocking.

 

Thanks to JD for this thread and at least trying. I wont post back here unless its to eat humble pie when a fix is released (dont wait up for me).

 

sb420

Message 128 of 157 (113 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [51 Kudos][18 Possible Changes]

Nov 29, 2012

smartbomb420 wrote:

Video gaming must be the only industry that can have such a blatant disregard for customer service, yet do so well it terms of revenue. Anyone else would suffer significant losses as customers turned away but time after time, the same people who complain about shortcoming in the product and absolutely NO after sales service queue up to buy the next instalment.

 

Im a trophy completionist and currently have everything ive ever played on the PS3 at 100%. Except UC3 of course.

 

This thread would be a godsend. Logical, rational and full of creative and constructive ideas to ease the pain of treasure collecting for people who have paid good money to enjoy this game and are expecting to be rewarded for doing so. Only in this industry would this be not be ignored, but realised, understood by the developers, and THEN ignored.

 

Only idea I can come up with not in the OP is to guarantee a drop you dont have already after so many duplicates, say 100 for example. If you continue playing Co-op and reach 100 drops without having received a treasure you had yet to find, the next drop was a guaranteed treasure you needed.

 

Of course I know nothing will change and i'll be forced to sit there playing Hunter over and over and over, knowing Im not playing a game I actually want to play thanks to my bloody-minded 'must have 100%' attitude. Im putting an end to my days of Uncharted after this. I enjoy the SP campaign alot, and the MP is actually fun, at least most modes are, but the fun now is far outweighed by the frustration of treasure grinding. Knowing ND are the same ilk as EA in that they simply dont care about these things or the effect it may have on micro-transactions assures me that UC4 will only add to this frustration.

 

To the 'Treasure Guy' who came up with the idea in the development phase, well done, a really good concept. The execution though and the decision to make them random ..... shocking.

 

Thanks to JD for this thread and at least trying. I wont post back here unless its to eat humble pie when a fix is released (dont wait up for me).

 

sb420

 

^ Quick warning, I know you probably read about games before playing them for the 100%, but just in case DO NOT PLAY MERCENARIES 2:  WORLD IN FLAMES!

EA screwed us by taking down the servers, so now the 100% is impossible to get Smiley Sad

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 129 of 157 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 04/02/2012
Offline
2121 posts
 

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [51 Kudos][18 Possible Changes]

Nov 29, 2012

How about having the treasures limited to their difficulties?

 

Bronze Wish would be locked to Easy/Normal, whilst Elaborate Tibetan would be locked to Hard/Crushing.


Message 130 of 157 (220 Views)
0 Likes