Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 18 2012
By: JD-- Survivor 2289 posts

[SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes [57 Kudos][22 Possible Changes]

[ Edited ]
158 replies 1510 views Edited Dec 14, 2012

***This thread does not tell the locations of any treasures or how to obtain them.

***Ideas for alternate ideas to help treasures become more easily obtainble are welcome.

***I realise that many threads have been made about this, but let's try and make this one the main one, yeah?

***My friend, fairytailced inspired me to make this thread.

I am so sick and tired of not being able to fully complete, 100% this game. I've been at it for over a year now and I'm still missing treasures. I didn't have a single treasure in Hardcore before 1.15, and once 1.15 came out, I had every single treasure (including stat hat treasures) within a week. But, I've been playing Co-Op since the game came out, and I've logged over 400 hours of gameplay with well over 600 games and STILL need 6 or 7 treasures.

That is RIDICULOUS!

The Co-Op treasures drop rates are so random and so unpredictable that it is impossible to ever acquire what you want. It may be due to the fact that there are just so many treasures that could possibly drop in ONE mode alone (Co-Op Arena) that we may NEVER see some treasures due to improper drop rate balancing issues.  Here's a list of reasons as to why people are frustrated over the crappy Co-Op treaure drop rates:

1. We want the trophies YOU gave us.

• Sure, we can buy the items, but does that give us the treasures? No.
  • We can't get the treasures, so therefore we can't get the trophies.

2. The amount of playtime and treasure rewards are disproportional.

• Logically, it makes sense, the more you play the more rewards/treasures you'll get. No, you will continually get the same drops game after game, sometimes the same drop 3 or 4 times within the same game.
  • If I've played over 600 games of Co-Op and still don't have all of the treasures by now, something is wrong. There are people that have played way more games than me and even they don't have all the treasures.

3. Completionists.

• Some people like to have that sense of completion when playing video games or anything for that matter. If we can't get all the treasure, then how do we 'complete' everything?

Now, there are many problems with treasure drop rates such as duplicates, disproportional drop rates, and inaccesibilities of acquiring treasure drop rates:

1. Duplicates.

• The sheer amount of duplicates that plague Co-Op is absurd. I have gotten at least 100 Newari figurines for that bloody set.
  • Once a treasure has been duplicated at least 5 times, it's just like a slap in the face for it to show up again.

2. Disproportional Drop Rates.

• When the 'Silver Incan' , 'Ivory Incan' , and the 'Gold Incan' sets were added, it was pretty cool. I could tell the drop rates for those sets were tuned to make them available to players relatively easy.
  • Well, now I've gotten all three of those sets and I've completed them almost another 50 times again. Those pieces need to be severely dampened or lowered on the drop rate percentages list.
  • Some of the sets like 'Bronze Wish' and 'Elaborate Tibetan' need to be up'd significantly. I've always getting the same treasures over and over for these sets but never the LAST one. (1/2 or 2/3 for months)

3. Inaccessibilities.

• Now, this goes for Competitive as well, so it would apply for it as well.
  • When a treasure falls down into a "hole" or inside a wall, we can't pick it up. We all know just how frustrating that is. It could be the one treasure we've been looking for and it's just out of our reach. I'll explain how to fix this.

There can be many, many ideas on how to fix the treasure system in this game, especially for Co-Op. The competitive side of the game has been fixed pretty well. You removed 'Just Cash' medals and guaranteed a treasure drop on every drop now. Great. You've implemented the 'Treasure Hunter' booster to give even more treasure drops. Great. You've given 'Tournament Tickets' the ability to increase the rarity of treasure drops. Great. Did you touch Co-Op's treasures? Nope.

Ideas have been suggested before to alleviate this 'plague' and I've even thought up a few of my own. Here is a nice list on many ways to fix them. (I will add more as they get suggested, so please don't hesitate to share)

Fix the Drop Rates -

The Drop Rates are so random and unpredictable it's just simply impossible to every acquire whatever you may want. Some sets such as 'Bronze Wish' , 'Elaborate Tibetan' , and 'Priceless Tibetan' come to mind. I've never received the last treasure for these sets, nor do I even know what it looks like. If I can get the 'Newari Figures' complete 10 times a day but never see the last treasure for these sets over a year of gameplay, there's a significant problem.

Up the drop rates, fix the priority lists for the most uncommon sets, such as the three I've states above.

Treasure Hunter Booster - Co-Op -

It's in Competitive, why not in Co-Op? You already have a unbalanced of Booster 1 boosters to Booster 2 boosters, so why not even it out by adding Treasure Hunter for Co-Op modes?

Costs: $50,000

To attain Silver: 15 "Three Medal Pickup" medals.

To attain Gold: 5 "Many Hands" , 5 "Everything in its Place" , and 5 "Captured!" medals.

Paid Booster - Treasure Hunter -

This can work in Competitive as well. There's a neat little trick where you can go search for a game in Competitive, purchase a Paid Booster, then back out and load up a game of Co-Op and the Paid Booster applies to that game. A Paid Booster for increased rare treasure drops for that current game only. Cost: $50,000.

Round/Difficulty Drop Rate Increase -

Depending on which round and difficulty you are on determines the better drop rates and rarity of the drops. Let's say you are playing on Easy on Round 1, you will get very few, if any, drops at all. But, on Round 10, you will get 2 or 3 because it's Round 10. However, on Crushing round 10, you will get 5 or 6 drops, albeit, more rare drops because of it being on Crushing difficulty.

Headshot/Special kill bonus -

When you get headshots or other special kills there is a small percentage increase in a treasure drop. Kills such as: headshots, pulldowns, stealth kills, 'Fire in the Hole' kills, and etc. will yield better treasure drops.

Auto-Receive Treasures -

This can apply to Competitive as well. Once you pulldown an enemy in Highrise and you see a Treasure pop out of his butt, you know you won't be getting it. Or when you melee an enemy and he glitches into the wall and out pops a treasure inside the wall. Sad days, indeed. It may or may not be that one treasure you've been looking for for months, but you'll never know because you can't get it. Well, how about whenever a treasure passes a 'death plane' or does not get picked up (LIKE HOW IT WAS IN THE BETA!!!!) you auto-receive it.

Treasure Drop Weekends - (SteepMatt)

A tournament like system that increases treasure drops for a set amount of time. If we do not receive the treasures wthin the set amount of time, we receive a 'participator's prize' or 'condolence prize' for trying.

"Gatekeeper" and "If It Bleeds..." medals - (I-Like-Pie45)

My idea that could help fix the treasure drops is to have the Kickback Bosses in Crushing and the Brutes across all difficulties drop a guranteed treasure when you kill them. It would also promote teamwork to take down the bosses plus remove some of the pain from someone stealing your "If It Bleeds" Medal.

Treasure Trading - (dadno1001)

I always thought that some sort of treasure trading system would be helpful. Say I want the strange relic ivory for Drakes top hat, and my friend wants Ramses cowboy hat. We both have rare duplicates, so we could trade our duplicates, and get our desired hat! Kind of like the GE in Runescape.

Treasure Collecting Toggle - (snake13467)

There are competitive players that dont play co-op and co-op players that dont play competitive they will never get the others treasures because they dont like the gamemode you should never play a gamemode you dont like.

Thats why I asked for a treasure toggle that lets you pick the treasures you want to get on any gamemode say your playing team objective and you just want to get co-op treasures then you can or co-op and you want plunder treasures then you can or team objective and you want plunder treasures get it.

Remove Duplicates - (nabeel055)

The duplicates should just be removed entirely so you can only get a treasure you don't have. The drop rate should increase as well.

Buyable Treasures w/ In-game Cash - (fyiByas)

Allow for treasures to bought for a high amount of in-game cash. $100,000 to $1,000,000 dollars for ONE treasure.

"Calling" Treasures- (jjjkur)

I suggest calling treasures with the up button so if they fall to an unreachable spot or are far from the siege on round 10, you can acquire them easily. Treasure drops will take priority over kickback activation.

Shade Survival Treasure Drop Rate Increase - (jjjkur)

Also, boost the rare drop rate even more in Shade Survival to make that mode better.

Treasures found in Chests/3 Medal Pick-Up Chests - (jjjkur)

Allow treasures from chests in Shade Survival and Co-Op Arena. The whole team will acquire this chest treasure.

Treasure Missions - (dadno1001)

How about you could have the option to choose any treasure by completing a set of missions, or a single misson (rampant mission), but they'd have to be the difficult ones, because everyone would be able to do the M9 missions.

Kill-based Treasure Drops - (I-Like-Pie45)

When the cumulative amount of kills for your group reaches a certain number like 25, 50, 100, etc. a treasure should always drop.

Same Drop Rates Across Modes - (Huskers1598)

I think they should fix this by giving both modes the same drop rates or alternatiing drop rates between the two modes randomly, because we shouldn't have to play Hunter to get all treasures.

Guaranteed Treasure Drops - (smartbomb420)

Guarantee a drop you dont have already after so many duplicates, say 100 for example. If you continue playing Co-op and reach 100 drops without having received a treasure you had yet to find, the next drop was a guaranteed treasure you needed.

Difficulty-specific treasure sets - (TeaBagMcFrag)

How about having the treasures limited to their difficulties?

Bronze Wish would be locked to Easy/Normal, whilst Elaborate Tibetan would be locked to Hard/Crushing.

Shade Survival - Rare Treasures ONLY - (tln_SWE)

Shade Survival should drop RARE treasures ONLY. Sets that are not easily obtained in Arena should be removed and rare treasures should only exist in this mode.

Facebook Treasure Sharing - (BurstLimitKL)

The facebook integration. Instead of sharing the treasure to someone else for just measly in game cash, they should actually get the treasure duplicate instead. Should also apply to competitive as well.

That's all of the ideas I've either heard or could make up myself. If you have any other bright ideas, please do share. I'll add them to the OP and give you credit where it's due. :smileywink:

Thanks for reading,

ND, your move.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 159 (1,510 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6837 posts

Re: [SUPPORT] Co-Op Treasure Changes

Nov 18, 2012

SUPPORT :smileyvery-happy:......This treasure system is a ridiculous joke!!! pathetic

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 159 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2289 posts

Nov 18, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

SUPPORT :smileyvery-happy:......This treasure system is a ridiculous joke!!! pathetic

Thank you for sharing in my pain, sir!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 159 (1,500 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6837 posts

Nov 18, 2012

JD-- wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Thank you for sharing in my pain, sir!

You are so welcome :smileywink:

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 159 (1,497 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
620 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Just one of these, at least please. Is that so hard? 1.16 better be "it"

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 159 (1,497 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2289 posts

Nov 18, 2012

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Just one of these, at least please. Is that so hard? 1.16 better be "it"

Apparently, it is. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 159 (1,492 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6837 posts

Nov 18, 2012

A treasure weekend, a tweak to make them more common, give us the sets as rewards if we have played over a certain amount of time, PLEASE SOMETHING

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 159 (1,488 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2289 posts

Nov 18, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

A treasure weekend, a tweak to make them more common, give us the sets as rewards if we have played over a certain amount of time, PLEASE SOMETHING

Added your idea to the OP. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 159 (1,484 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6837 posts

Nov 18, 2012

JD-- wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Hey thanks :smileyvery-happy:

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 159 (1,481 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2289 posts

Nov 18, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

JD-- wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Hey thanks :smileyvery-happy:

Sure thing, amigo! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 159 (1,479 Views)
0 Likes