Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Re: Support This Thread For "Unlimited" Survival Mode REVISED Edition!!

Apr 18, 2012

munnsy1 wrote:

I am surprised this thread hasn't had more attention but for sure pal add me to the list I would love this, I have nearly reached my target KD and I want two more boosters to gold but after that I don't know what I will so.

It will hopefully be a challenge and a hard one at that.

possibly because it doesn't have all the cool sigs the other support threads have...

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 20 of 340 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Apr 18, 2012

Would love to support, just because co-op has became dead to me lately...

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 21 of 340 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Apr 18, 2012

you got my full support on this mate,

and I also have a idea you might wanna add to your post

first of all, instead of 100 rounds, have it ENDLESS rounds

Naughty Dog should also add new leader boards for CO-OP for the best team that survived the most round, that way, players get motivated to play the mode, compete and fight their way up the leader boards!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 22 of 340 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Apr 18, 2012

Got a few sugestions for you. ( I support also)

Pay attention to red text.

AliMakaveli wrote:

I know Guardians and Decendants are out of the question, so I have come up with a better solution for your and our problem.

Make a Survival mode based on my idea below. IMO it should be 100 rounds even though earlier I was asking for unlimited.

These 100 rounds should be disgustingly difficult and ONLY TRUE CO-OP team work can get you through. It MUST live up to it's name (CO-OP)

Now, we know that there are dozens and dozens of characters IN this game (yes I am ONLY concentrating on U3 characters) so you have the capability to USE THEM ALL.

Here is an EXAMPLE of how the mode should pan out.

We MUST have ALL these enemies who get harder and harder as the rounds increase.

These are the enemies that should appear IN NO PARTICULAR order..

NOTE: Varieties = different skin colour and clothed of the same type enemy

Types = different enemy altogether for e.g Suited and Pirate are different

• Pistol Pirates (different varieties)
  • Pistol Pub Agents - different varieties (those guys you melee first thing in Story)
  • Pistol Desert Agents (different varieties)
  • Pistol Suited Agents (different varieties)
  • Pistol Lazarevic's men (yes they're on the disc in Adventure so they should be included, again different varieties)

• Pistole enemies (ALL types i.e Desert, Pub, Suited and varieties as above)

• TAU sniper enemies (again as above, all different types and varieties)

• Long Gun enemies (AK-47, M9, Shotgun, Sniper ETC ETC) ALL varities and types as above

• BOTH types of riot shield enemies (all varieties and types as above)

• ALL type of Armoured enemies (Talbots, Lazaravic's and the Pirate armoured enemies)

These armoured enemies include, Snipers, RPG, Hammer and chokers and will also have Long guns

• All types of armoured enemies have the kickbacks they have now such as:

Miltia Man, Cluster Bomb, Mega Bomb, Carpet Bomb and Hammer

• Djinn enemies (All types we have in shade)

• PAK 80 Brute

SPECIAL ENEMIES JUST FOR THIS MODE: (these don't need to be added, they're just suggestions)

• Mag enemies who can kill in 2 shots from far (All types and varieties as mentioned up above)

• Wes enemies who can kill from 2 shots from far (All types and varieties as mentioned up above)

• All types of FAL enemies inclusing Armoured (All types and varieties as mentioned up above)

• Non armoured kickback enemies (for ealier rounds have no armour but all kickbacks mentioned above)

• Djinn Pak80 Brute

• Non Armoured Brutes (these are brutes from Story that only melee Drake. There is one that's from London, one which wears a white shirt, one which is a black pirate and one that is an Arab desert type, and possibly many more. These enemies will not shoot but will replace the guardians and decendants. They will just melee you to death so it's best to keep out of their way and shoot and grenade them from a distance. They could be the "dogs (from COD) of this survival mode after every 4 rounds)

• Djinn Non Armoured Brutes (same as above but much MUCH tougher)

• Djinn other varieties and types (i.e Pub Agents, Suited agents, Desert agents and Lazarevic's men)

• Pak 80 brute kickback who has miltia man, cluster bomb or BOTH!!

Now, these special enemies should be created if it's possible for ND and there's no technical limitations.

Obviously the more difficult enemies will appear later and they don't have to come one type at a time (e.g one round with pirates only etc) they can all come mixed.

e.g Round 14 should consist of: Pistole pub agent, M9 Suited agents, Djinn pistol pirate, Lazarevic's hemlet choker, unarmoured cluster bomb enemy, Desert Riot shielder

This would add variety and randomness to this mode.

LIVES

Every player has 5 lives each. After a players 5 lives is over and dies for the 6th time, then that player must wait for the next round to respawn just like in Uncharted 2 and COD.

However a player can choose when to use up the 5 lives. For example, If i die on the 2nd round and the respawn clock is counting down and reaches 0 seconds, then I have the following options on screen

Press Square to lose a life and respawn

Press Triangle to lose a life and respawn on buddy

Press Circle to wait till the round is over

This then gives me a tactical advantage. I can afford to save a life and wait till the next round because it's only Round 2, but if we were on a higher round then I'd have to lose 1 of my 5 rounds to respawn.

This way the player has to choose when to use up his 5 lives and when to save them. A player could die with 1 enemy left, so it's better for him to save a life and wait till the next round ETC.

If a player loses all their lives and the whole team (who still have their lives intact) dies then they will automatically spawn after round restarts,

e.g I have 0 lives and my team mates have 2 lives left each and they die whist I'm out the game, then I will restart the round with them and they will have 1 life left (each) while I still have 0. ONLY when all players have 0 lives, does the game end.

REWARDS:

Firstly getting that Silver co-op star wasn't all that difficult and to be fair some people can get it IN A DAY!! So we need something better as a reward and something that ONLY the very best can get after working their backsides off for months (more gaming = Go to mulitplayer)

These rewards should be AFTER completing ALL co-op maps on this 100 round survival (which by the way will feel like Unlimited because it will take forever)

• Gold Star in your emblem
  • A Djinn skin
  • Gold weapons
  • 1 Gold item for each character e.g (Drake get a gold ring necklace, Sully a Gold watch ETC ETC)

These rewards will be worth it and for once you will have something unique (after achieveing this feat)

This will keep tons of people occupied for month and months if not years because it will and SHOULD be a challenge

I will be happy with 50 rounds or at the very least 30, but if rounds were to be cut then the difficulty should increase tenfold,and the player lives need to be cut.

What I've suggested (bar the "special enemies" and rewards) IS do-able and there WONT be any techinical issues that YOU ND have with the Guardians and Decendants.

NOW ND, THIS IS UP TO YOU. YOU CAN SAVE THIS GAME AND MAKE IT POPULAR AGAIN!!

1. Did I miss the memo? When did ND say Descendants and Guardians were not possible? I still realllllllllllllly want them if possible.

2. 100 rounds is great! but this could cause great problems too... (needing to leave, late joining, time availability glitch/error/PS3 problems)

3.USE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, but not just U3 soldiers and Lazarevic's men. Use U1 pirates and mercenaries, and add MEGA BOSSES!!!! Perhaps a helicopter for some maps, or tank for village. And don't forget the actual Bosses (unless ND magically decides to give us villian skins for Co-Op). Lazarevic, Eddy, Flynn, Talbot, Roman, Navarro, Marlowe, Ramses could be included here (unless we are them...).

4.Djinn enemies would have to be used sparingly because I didn't feel they were that good, but one here or there could spice things up.

5.Rewards: to make it worth all that effort I will need some good incentives so a lot is good but don't over do it. But then again Don't F***ing under do it either. ( this goes for everthing about this ND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

6. ND don't ignore this! It would be GREAT! Stop ignoring all the fantastic singular ideas and listening to the small tuning details! LOOK AT THIS, and do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       ! !!!          !!!!!!!                         !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Naughty Dog,
__I have sat idly by for too long. You will NOT stand in the way of destiny! I will be in Co-Op Arena!
_____________________________________________Lots of love,
_________________________________________________Lazarevic
Message 23 of 340 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Apr 18, 2012

Of course i support this!

I would like to see a Lone Wolf co-op too, me against all teh NPCs, without the guys that grab you, of course.

Message 24 of 340 (94 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Apr 18, 2012

I support this mode 100% !!!!1

I have dreamed of this kind of mode in uncharted for a LONG time. I have had my own ideas of a supernatural mode, but since that won't work, your mode sounds like the perfect supplement! It's exactly whatthis game really needs. As much as I doubt it will happen, I still wish it would and fully support it!

I'll post in more detail tomorrow, but right off the bat I'll say, I do NOT want Djinn. I really didn't like shades mode at all and I wouldn't want to see the djinn clutter up another possibly EPIC mode!

Message 25 of 340 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Apr 18, 2012

I like the sound of this. Will it make COD fanboys convert over? Maybe not, but this sounds interesting. But one question: Round 10 of arena is already blisteringly hard, even if it's just 25 enemies, so how would round 100 be like? Like every enemy being a Pak-man? I forsee much frustration.

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose Freewill
Message 26 of 340 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Apr 18, 2012

I support this for sure.  I made a thread a while ago about this but no one even replied in it.

Idk why the U1/U2 monsters have to be out of the question. 

Here's a cool idea:

After every few waves, CoD has the "dogs" or w/e special wave after a while...you could have someone come along and resurrect the people you've killed the wave before (or something) turning them into shades.

Another thing that would help, is randomizing the spawns and movement paths of the enemies in current co-op modes.  I mean, every time you start a match it's same spawns..same paths....especially in co-op adventure.  You're always expecting something, and you don't get good at co-op, you repeat till you get used to the situation. 

Message 27 of 340 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Apr 18, 2012

Raske709 wrote:

I support this mode 100% !!!!1

I have dreamed of this kind of mode in uncharted for a LONG time. I have had my own ideas of a supernatural mode, but since that won't work, your mode sounds like the perfect supplement! It's exactly whatthis game really needs. As much as I doubt it will happen, I still wish it would and fully support it!

I'll post in more detail tomorrow, but right off the bat I'll say, I do NOT want Djinn. I really didn't like shades mode at all and I wouldn't want to see the djinn clutter up another possibly EPIC mode!

I know EXACTLY what you mean mate. I myself hate it Shade possibly more than hunter if not the same. I think having one or two around with other enemies might add a bit of spice and difficulty. There defo should NOT be more that 3 Djiinns per round IMO and they should give the same amount of money as any other armoured enemy, otherwise players will only go for them just for cash, just like they do for marked man and 2 players end up getting $25

Message 28 of 340 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Apr 18, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Another thing that would help, is randomizing the spawns and movement paths of the enemies in current co-op modes.  I mean, every time you start a match it's same spawns..same paths....especially in co-op adventure.  You're always expecting something, and you don't get good at co-op, you repeat till you get used to the situation. 

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Goldhawk1

Yes, that's one of the things that makes co-op kinda boring because it's way to predictable.

The point about not getting better is actually an excellent point. Once a player knows where an enemy will come from then he's a "pro". In Monastery, once you know when the RPG guys come, then you could anticipate them, wheras if it was randomized then it will ALWAYS be tough.

This new survival mode defo needs all types of enemies mixed and matched and spawned radomly for sure to eradicate boredom

Message 29 of 340 (93 Views)
0 Likes