Treasure Hunter
7528 posts

Re: Revenge - Most Entertaining Booster of all Time

Jan 7, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

GamerAlexz wrote:
Rated T for teens.

No one really gives a **bleep** about ratings nowadays other than the most paranoid of parents, as the high number of raging kids on CoD or Uncharted prove.

Uncharted is a cakewalk compared to CoD way more blood and violence although that being said use of guns and violence should  never be exposed to kids until they are mature enough to understand

Sleep Matt signature
Message 51 of 77 (329 Views)
Limit Breaker
17400 posts

Re: I like it better when it didn't have teamsafe. Kicking re...

Jan 7, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

just because I don't have kids, doesn't mean my opinion isn't worth a **bleep**, seriously...

also you take examples of more offending games to make uncharted look like an E-rated game, that's not how this works, uncharted is not meant for children in whatever way you look at it, sure it may seem harmless to you in comparison with other games, but people get killed, and it looks innocent, I am not saying that your kid will turn out a serial killer or something, but I do say you that it's not good, uncharted is about stealing artefacts from other people too, maybe she will think it's okay to take things from others she wants to have or maybe it will do no harm to her at all (most likely)

anyway, I never meant this conversation to be about your kid anyway, just about kids in general, I once did read an article about a kid who killed his parents with his dad's gun after they took away his xbox360, the kid thought his parents would respawn, so that it would be an almost harmless act to do, sure this is just one example, but it clearly shows what videogames can do to kids, kids have a rich fantasy and they can't see the difference between videogames and reality as well as adults can, and of course video games aren't the only problem either, it's getting a problem when parents just let kids play video games to get rid of them, so that they don't have to look after them all the time, and I assume you are not like that, so don't take this personal ok?

but my opinion remains: just don't take the risk, it's not necessary, there are a lot of other things a kid enjoys to do, and sure it's your opinion, and you probably don't give a crap about mine, but I'll just tell it here, and there is no need to be offensive to me, I would appreciate it if you behave yourself like the age you claim to be, thank you

No, it doesn't mean your opinion doesn't count.  But more than most issues laymen like to chime in on, parenting is a touchy subject.  And, theory is nothing like practice.   

Anecdotal musings about things that happen with video games mean nothing.  My daughter fully understands the difference between fantasy and reality.  Between books, film, tv, play, toys and her real life.   Uncharted is meant for a teen audience.   My daughter can handle teen material.   You don't know this because, frankly, you are completely ignorant about my family and my situation.  It's not your fault.  You just don't know anything other than what's written here.  Or what you think young people should know.

There is no risk.  That's the point.  

What you fail to understand, in your well-meaning but completely uninformed manner, is that critiquing a parenting choice is critiquing a parent.  And I'm a fantastic parent.   I don't let my daughter see or do anything that I haven't vetted, or that my wife hasn't vetted.   Uncharted is fine.  

If you don't wan't this to be about my child and my parenting, then don't make it that way.  You addressed me, and spoke about my daughter.     For your edification: 99.99% of all parenting advice or opinions you direct to a parent are going to be unwelcome, unless you're asked to provide it, and your opinion, though it may be well formed, immaterial and unlikely to make any difference whatsoever.

And I have been completely civil.  If you feel I have not, report my posts.   You're going to find this is in no way abrasive.  it's informative and well-detailed expression.  If you feel this response or others have been "offensive" then that's your own personal sensitivity.  I admire your passion, but you are speaking out of turn.  Take the lesson from your elders. Smiley Wink

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 52 of 77 (321 Views)
Limit Breaker
17400 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Here's one for you, me with my 14-month old grandson, playing uncharted 'together' (we give him an old XBox wireless controller to play with...)

http://i45.tinypic.com/zx86qh.jpg

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 53 of 77 (311 Views)
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Jan 7, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

just because I don't have kids, doesn't mean my opinion isn't worth a **bleep**, seriously...

also you take examples of more offending games to make uncharted look like an E-rated game, that's not how this works, uncharted is not meant for children in whatever way you look at it, sure it may seem harmless to you in comparison with other games, but people get killed, and it looks innocent, I am not saying that your kid will turn out a serial killer or something, but I do say you that it's not good, uncharted is about stealing artefacts from other people too, maybe she will think it's okay to take things from others she wants to have or maybe it will do no harm to her at all (most likely)

anyway, I never meant this conversation to be about your kid anyway, just about kids in general, I once did read an article about a kid who killed his parents with his dad's gun after they took away his xbox360, the kid thought his parents would respawn, so that it would be an almost harmless act to do, sure this is just one example, but it clearly shows what videogames can do to kids, kids have a rich fantasy and they can't see the difference between videogames and reality as well as adults can, and of course video games aren't the only problem either, it's getting a problem when parents just let kids play video games to get rid of them, so that they don't have to look after them all the time, and I assume you are not like that, so don't take this personal ok?

but my opinion remains: just don't take the risk, it's not necessary, there are a lot of other things a kid enjoys to do, and sure it's your opinion, and you probably don't give a crap about mine, but I'll just tell it here, and there is no need to be offensive to me, I would appreciate it if you behave yourself like the age you claim to be, thank you

No, it doesn't mean your opinion doesn't count.  But more than most issues laymen like to chime in on, parenting is a touchy subject.  And, theory is nothing like practice.   

Anecdotal musings about things that happen with video games mean nothing.  My daughter fully understands the difference between fantasy and reality.  Between books, film, tv, play, toys and her real life.   Uncharted is meant for a teen audience.   My daughter can handle teen material.   You don't know this because, frankly, you are completely ignorant about my family and my situation.  It's not your fault.  You just don't know anything other than what's written here.  Or what you think young people should know.

There is no risk.  That's the point.  

What you fail to understand, in your well-meaning but completely uninformed manner, is that critiquing a parenting choice is critiquing a parent.  And I'm a fantastic parent.   I don't let my daughter see or do anything that I haven't vetted, or that my wife hasn't vetted.   Uncharted is fine.  

If you don't wan't this to be about my child and my parenting, then don't make it that way.  You addressed me, and spoke about my daughter.     For your edification: 99.99% of all parenting advice or opinions you direct to a parent are going to be unwelcome, unless you're asked to provide it, and your opinion, though it may be well formed, immaterial and unlikely to make any difference whatsoever.

And I have been completely civil.  If you feel I have not, report my posts.   You're going to find this is in no way abrasive.  it's informative and well-detailed expression.  If you feel this response or others have been "offensive" then that's your own personal sensitivity.  I admire your passion, but you are speaking out of turn.  Take the lesson from your elders. Smiley Wink

indeed this is much more civil, you're other post was on the edge though, if you ask me (and yes, I know you didn't ask me Smiley Tongue ) anyway, you are right, I should not have directed that post to you, my apologies for that, that was not necessary Smiley Wink

Message 54 of 77 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Revenge is like a double-edged sword.
It's cheap, and very annoying.
It's useful, and very fun.
Personally, I do not use anymore.
And even managed to convince my brother not to use Smiley Wink

Message 55 of 77 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

I like it better when it didn't have teamsafe. Kicking revenge noobs and getting rage messages is fun.

exactly, I once kicked 4 people out of a match of plunder while playing in a party of 2, so I kicked one teammate that joined after that too, the sad thing is though, that it shows that just about everyone uses revenge

anyway, back on topic to scootgar: sure it's funny for a young girl or whatever age your doughter is, but she shouldn't be playing games in the first place, not these games at least, let her play LittleBigPlanet 2 or something (lovely game by the way), this isn't really appropriate if you ask me, but it's your choice obviously, that said, revenge should be removed, it's now worse than ever...

There are really people who care about what games other kids play?

yeah, I do, if you ask me kids shouldn't play games at all, let them play outside with other kids, and on a rainy day let them play inside the house with a friend and occasionally play a videogame, but not an online game, just splitsceen and a game with an E-rating, but that's just my opinion, I started playing games when I was 15, and I only played E- or T-rated games (as I still do now actually, only M-rated games I have are Heavy Rain, the Assassin's Creed series and soon The Last of Us, that out of 25 games on PS3, 15 on PS2 is not much M-rated stuff), anyway, why shouldn't I care about what other kids play, you risk a kids health and social skills to other kids, and something should be done to stop kids from playing them (the T and M rated ones of course), why don't you care?

**bleep**, I've been playing games since I was 5 (I'm 20 years old now) and my social life is just fine, I train 4 times a week and spent lots of time with my friends besides that I've got a job and I study. Gaming doesn't affect your life at all ofcourse there are people that play games 24/7 but that's what they enjoy right? And that's what people should do, doing things that make them feel happy. This is the problem of nowadays people telling others how to live their life, it's pathetic. People should be able to do with their lifes whatever they want. Long live freedom!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 56 of 77 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8756 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Very entertaining - I can't get a single kill with it Smiley Mad

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 57 of 77 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2353 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I think Scootgar knows how to raise his children. If he feels like his daughter can handle what u3 presents, then there should be no problem. Parents have different rule sets in each households so just respect Scootgar's. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 58 of 77 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I don't mind new players using Revenge that much, since everyone has the right to test every booster, but when i see a "good" player using Revenge gold... well, that just lame imo.

scootgar wrote:

and every time it kills someone she cheers and laughs.

Yes, especially when people(me...) try to throw it back the nade explodes in mid-animation. Smiley Mad

Message 59 of 77 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

renatabls wrote:

I don't mind new players using Revenge that much, since everyone has the right to test every booster, but when i see a "good" player using Revenge gold... well, that just lame imo.

You mean like the guys running around with Regen and Revenge Golds and a M9 RoF to complement? Smiley LOL

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 60 of 77 (208 Views)
0 Likes