Aug 30 2012
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3721 posts

Replace DM on TO With THIS!! (Capture The Idol)

[ Edited ]
39 replies 746 views Edited Aug 30, 2012

This is like Plunder and Gold Rush...

Basically 2 Idols will spawn simultaneously next to each treasure chest.

For example: The Heros Idol will spawn right next to the Villains chest, and the Villains Idol will spawn right next to the Heros chest.

The Heros Idol will be Gold, the Villains will be Silver (the ones in Fort Adventure)

The Hero's can't pick up the Villains Idol, and the Villains can't pick up the Heros Idol.

So, the Heros will have to go all the way to the Villains chest on the other side of the map to pick up the Gold Idol and place it back into their chest, and the Villains will have to go all the way to the Heros chest to pick up their Idol and go back and put it in theirs. 

I have uploaded a pic to explain further.. be warned my drawing skills will blow your mind...

capture the idol.jpg

So both team will be occupied in planting/scoring their idol but at the same time stop the other team scoring with theirs, so it will require good team work to succeed hence why it should replace DM as this requires MORE team work.

As mentioned earlier, the Heros will NOT be able to throw/capture/pick up the Villains Idol and the Villains will NOT be able to throw/capture/pick up the Heros Idol.

This will eliminate kill farming/farming with the Idol.

This should only be in round 5 and replace deathmatch which sucks big time!!

The fisrt team to score will win as it will take a while to plant/score.. or maybe up to 3 wins????

cmj4v13's Suggestion that I agree with:

I'd say most captures in 4 minutes, and if zero captures, closest idol to the base wins. But, it should be stipulated that the moment one team 'captures' the idol, both teams are reset in their bases with respawned idols next to them. Otherwise you could just get cascading scores, so resets and respawns are necessary each time.

^ I think there should be a 5 minute "over time" instead of 4 that was suggested.

What do you guys think? IMO it will be fun and should even have a stand alone mode:

Capture The Idol.. or maybe have a trial on The Lab first???

Message 1 of 40 (746 Views)
Survivor
2224 posts

Re: Replace DM on TO With THIS!! (Capture The Idol)

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

AliMakaveli wrote:

This is like Plunder and Gold Rush...

Anyways, what you guys think? IMO it will be fun and should even have a stand alone mode:

Capture The Idol.. or maybe have a trial on The Lab first???

This would be a great objective to play, I like the idea of it however instead of two captures shouldn't it be whoever can get the most in lets say 3 minutes?

Message 2 of 40 (740 Views)
Sackboy
418 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Brilliant. I absolutely love this idea; a party could easily dominate but I can also see a team of randoms doing well (one likes carrying idols, others are good at shooting/protecting).

I'd say most captures in 4 minutes, and if zero captures, closest idol to the base wins. But, it should be stipulated that the moment one team 'captures' the idol, both teams are reset in their bases with respawned idols next to them. Otherwise you could just get cascading scores, so resets and respawns are necessary each time.
Message 3 of 40 (729 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Asraik wrote:

This would be a great objective to play, I like the idea of it however instead of two captures shouldn't it be whoever can get the most in lets say 3 minutes?

I think it might need to stay on 1 capture, purely because it will be chaos but good chaos. Both team have to score and also at the same time stop the other team from doing the same. However, we wont know this for sure unless there's a trial in The LAB to see how fast a single score takes on average. It could drag but again "good" drag. Like a very tight plunder match where it takes 20 minutes for a team to score and it'send to end. 

This mode will bring this "end to end" gaming from a tight Plunder game. 

Realistically, I think 2 people will try to score and the other 3 will try to stop the other team or maybe another 2 will try to stop the other team and one will fall back and protect the chest?

It will require excellent team work thus making this mode a great TEAM Objective mode

Message 4 of 40 (728 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Aug 30, 2012

cmj4v13 wrote:
Brilliant. I absolutely love this idea; a party could easily dominate but I can also see a team of randoms doing well (one likes carrying idols, others are good at shooting/protecting).

Excellent additon, thanks for that. I will be adding it to the OP those points will make it just that more FAIR.

Message 5 of 40 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Brilliant idea , kudos.
I think it should stay as only one capture as it adds more importance and makes capturing the idol more thrilling.
Message 6 of 40 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
418 posts

Aug 30, 2012
I should also say that when the round starts, everyone should be reset into the base. If the last round was KotH, say, and one team was in the process of respawning in their base and the other was already halfway out in the hill, they'd have an advantage by being further out 'on' the map than the other team. So if it's more than one capture, you need resets between rounds, but you ALSO need a reset BEFORE the round to make it 100% fair.
Message 7 of 40 (700 Views)
Survivor
2224 posts

Aug 30, 2012

cmj4v13 wrote:
I should also say that when the round starts, everyone should be reset into the base. If the last round was KotH, say, and one team was in the process of respawning in their base and the other was already halfway out in the hill, they'd have an advantage by being further out 'on' the map than the other team. So if it's more than one capture, you need resets between rounds, but you ALSO need a reset BEFORE the round to make it 100% fair.

I don't see this happening. That may be way too much work for ND to do.

Message 8 of 40 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Aug 30, 2012

rapha_333 wrote:
Brilliant idea , kudos.
I think it should stay as only one capture as it adds more importance and makes capturing the idol more thrilling.

Thanks, I was also thinking this as it's round 5 and it will be more of an "edge of the seat" monent. 

However a time limit say of 5 minutes may also do IF scoring in this becomes very easy and quick.

It wont be fair if it's just he one score if scoring can happen very quickly, but we will only know after a lab trial.

On paper it seems to ME that it may take a while to score as BOTH teams have 2 things to do:

1. Score themselves
  2. Stop the other team

This may take a while so if that's the case then yes, first one to score wins the game (decider)

If not the most scores in 5 mintues or if 0-0 then the closest Idol to the chest as neither team can move the oppositions Idol backwards

Message 9 of 40 (691 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Asraik wrote:

cmj4v13 wrote:

I don't see this happening. That may be way too much work for ND to do.

@cmj, it is a great idea but sadly I'll have to agree with Asraik, because then they'll have to reset on every other objective like Treasure Hunter etc. People will argue that the peson closest to the Treasure will have an advantage or a person close to the hill will have an advantage.

Sadly I don't think it will be 100% fair, but I still think it's better than having DM in round 5

Message 10 of 40 (684 Views)
0 Likes