Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5194 posts

Re: Remove Power Weapons from Free For All!

Dec 18, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

I would be happier if they reduced the number of players in FFA to 6 from the current 8. In my view FFA is just a hassle. 

I think 7 would be a great number.

NO! It has to be an even number.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 47 (243 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

I would be happier if they reduced the number of players in FFA to 6 from the current 8. In my view FFA is just a hassle. 

I think 7 would be a great number.

6 players + 20 kill cap = perfect

Too bad it won't happen due to some bizarre ND excuse ("technical difficulties" and/or lack of interest).

Also, it's very annoying the fact that the game finds 2-3 players (with DLC on) and yet, the match never starts (late joiners could always fill the spots).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 47 (241 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Dec 18, 2012

I'm clamoring for this. Do it ND.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 47 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9879 posts

Dec 18, 2012

I don't see why everyone's opting to change how power weapons spawn in FFA. We should have it REMOVED. COMPLETELY. No late spawning, no spawning, out of existence in FFA. Why?

People can easily just pick up a power weapon and quickly just make the most amazing freaking top-score ever. I've done it before. I hogged a T-Bolt, got 5, then grabbed a special pistol, then got 4. 9 kills, and the next highest is freaking 2. Feels great, but in the long run, OH so cheap.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 47 (209 Views)
Survivor
2864 posts

Dec 18, 2012

I don't know...I am pretty **bleep** good at FFA with the power weapons mixed in.  Maybe cause I get them first?

It would be less stressful without them, and less fun IMHO.

2544133150[1].png

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 47 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Dec 18, 2012

They said the same thing about co op, look where that has gotten it.

R.I.P POGO
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 47 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Dec 18, 2012

RPGs and Hammers are for scrubs, the sniper, shotgun, and PAK90 actually take some skill to use and isnt just free kills.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 47 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Despur4do wrote:

RPGs and Hammers are for scrubs, the sniper, shotgun, and PAK90 actually take some skill to use and isnt just free kills.

Right...is thats why you had a cry when i killed you with a pistole?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 47 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I wrote a long thread going over three simple but AWESOME fixes that would save FFA forever (barring the other issues that plague the whole game, mind you). It was lost in the transition from Jive to Lithium, but here's the list:

1. Increase the goal limit to 20 instead of 15. FFA ends too quickly and some people want a chance to get a Rampant in this mode :smileywink:

2. Improve the spawns. This can be fixed by reducing the max player limit from 8 to 6, which could also make matchmaking quicker. An actual spawn algorithm improvement wouldn't hurt either, but U3's team is dwindling in numbers (probably due to U4, for all we know :smileywink:) and they might not have the programming resources for that at this moment.

3. REMOVE POWER WEAPONS. They only seem to favor one or two lucky people in the match and screw over everyone else. ND changed 3TDM spawns to make power weapons in that mode more fair, now they need to get rid of power weapons completely in FFA because simply put, there's no way to have 6-8 people spawning by themselves on each map with any sort of fair equal opportunity to reach the PWs in time. It becomes a luck-based mode, and who actually likes it when a multiplayer mode becomes luck-based? Nobody, that's who.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 47 (180 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5194 posts

Dec 18, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Well that pretty much sums it up but... don't you think 20 kills is a bit high for new players? 15 limit is fine. 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 47 (169 Views)
0 Likes