Survivor
2179 posts

Re: Regen or fleet foot, co op

Sep 16, 2012

Any sensible co-op player knows that regen is probably the best slot 1 for co-op besides beast mode but throwing the idol makes that kinda useless. Regeneration and team safe is one of the best co-op loadouts ever. Regen and overstock like somebody else said earlier is good too, but thats risky with how many explosives get used in Co-op.

Message 11 of 30 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

On a side note, what does overstock actually do?

Allows you to keep gaining medals for subsequent kickbacks.

For example: You have Team Medic, you gain 10 medals and your kickback is ready to go - but, because you have Overstock equipped you will continue to gain medals for ANOTHER Team Medic kickback and it will be placed in your que.

This booster is effective if you use Army of Three or Team Medic. But NOT effective if you use Cluster Bomb or any other grenade-related kickback because you can place these special grenades in your inventory.

For example: If you acquire a Cluster Bomb kickback, go ahead and activate it, it will be placed in your inventory and you can then gain another one and even place this one in your inventory. In other words, grenade related kickbacks stack. As long as you do not die, they will stay in your inventory until you use them.

Message 12 of 30 (225 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6879 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

lets you hold onto medals for the next time you use your kickback., normally once you max out medals for a kickback, no matter how many medals you get, once you use it your medal count will be reset to 0.

Say for example you have overstock gold with the kickback team medic, if you got 16 medals, and use the kickback, you will have 6/10 medals for your next kickback.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 13 of 30 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Overstock allows you to bank more medals towards your kickback above the number necessary for it, so if you don't use your kickback for a while, you may have some medals available once you do use it.

Example:

Army of 3 requires 10 medals to use.

If I earn 20 medals and then activate Army of 3, I will have 0/10 towards the next kickback use.

If I have Overstock Gold in the above situation, I will have 6/10 towards the next kickback use.

The various levels of Overstock allow for 3/4/6 medals to be accumulated over the # needed for your kickback.

It is useful to go with Army of 3, Protector, and Team Medic.  Just be aware where you throw throwback grenades when teammates are around and you'll be fine :-)

If you are explosive-happy (Hammer, RPGs, cluster bomb), PLEASE equip team safe gold.

Message 14 of 30 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6879 posts

Sep 16, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

Any sensible co-op player knows that regen is probably the best slot 1 for co-op besides beast mode but throwing the idol makes that kinda useless. Regeneration and team safe is one of the best co-op loadouts ever. Regen and overstock like somebody else said earlier is good too, but thats risky with how many explosives get used in Co-op.

Well, I hardly use Regen and I do amazingly well in co-op without it. I'm not saying that it isn't great, but it is a sensible to use other boosters just as effectively.

Message 15 of 30 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Well, I hardly use Regen and I do amazingly well in co-op without it. I'm not saying that it isn't great, but it is a sensible to use other boosters just as effectively.

Sensible was probably strong.

It's not a necessity, but slot one boosters **bleep** should compliment your play style.  If you are cautious about staying out of the line of fire, Scoped In or other slot one boosters might fit you better.  For more aggressive play styles, regen is probably a better fit.

Edited to replace oddly censored original text.

Message 16 of 30 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6879 posts

Sep 16, 2012

wx327 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

It's not a necessity, but slot one boosters **bleep** cautious about staying out of the line of fire, Scoped In or other slot one boosters might fit you better.  For more aggressive play styles, regen is probably a better fit.

lol sscoped-in is what I do use actually. Wonderful for 2-hitting armoured guys with the dragon.

I've used every booster in co-op and leveled them all to 3 like 3 times I think. So I know how good they can be, and back to the point of the thread, FF is not to useful.

Message 17 of 30 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Sep 16, 2012

JD-- wrote:

slade109 wrote:

Quick question, is strafing still effective in co op like it is in multiplayer? or should I just go for regeneration? Please reply quick if you can Smiley Very Happy! and thanks in advance if I forget to post it oooo and also if you wanna you should tell you me your booster loadout for co op! <3 that'd be the best 

also this is probably a stupid computer, but strafing a lot of time confuses people, so i'm not really sure how it'd confuse to computer, but yeah anyway 

Regeneration - all the way.

Fleet Foot is somewhat effective, it can be used to dodge M-32 Hammer bullets or cause the PAK-80 man to take a brief pause to re-adjust his aim.

But, all in all, Regeneration is the BEST booster slot 1 booster to use. It literally can mean life or death. You can hide for a mere 3 seconds with Regen - Gold and be at full health again.

I use:

Regeneration - Gold

Team Safe - Gold

ALL mods

Cluster Bomb

I found it the most useful for shooting chokers while moving away from them. But they are quick so you really need to shoot their head.

Message 18 of 30 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Sep 16, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

wx327 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

It's not a necessity, but slot one boosters **bleep** cautious about staying out of the line of fire, Scoped In or other slot one boosters might fit you better.  For more aggressive play styles, regen is probably a better fit.

lol sscoped-in is what I do use actually. Wonderful for 2-hitting armoured guys with the dragon.

I've used every booster in co-op and leveled them all to 3 like 3 times I think. So I know how good they can be, and back to the point of the thread, FF is not to useful.

What the heck?  Just noticed it **bleeped** something in my post.  Chewed up the last part of that sentence and part of the next one.

Anyways, yeah, I've got a friend that plays pretty conservatively and is trying out the Scoped In/Ammo Award combo using the dragon sniper as often as possible.  No regen when you are a conservative player is only a drawback when you try to revive a downed teammate in a bad area, though preferably your teammates don't get themselves into that kind of trouble Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 30 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6879 posts

Sep 16, 2012

wx327 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

wx327 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

What the heck?  Just noticed it **bleeped** something in my post.  Chewed up the last part of that sentence and part of the next one.

Anyways, yeah, I've got a friend that plays pretty conservatively and is trying out the Scoped In/Ammo Award combo using the dragon sniper as often as possible.  No regen when you are a conservative player is only a drawback when you try to revive a downed teammate in a bad area, though preferably your teammates don't get themselves into that kind of trouble Smiley Wink

Yea that is my combo, I thought of it like a month ago. I use scoped-in/ammo award + militia man = unlimited dragon sniper. It is wonderful **bleep** off enemies quickly, it can even take down a brute easily and best of all, you tend not to be in the heat of it, so regen isn't a problem.

I'm sure people can come up with other  awesome combos using the less used boosters and kickbacks.

I remember one time stockpiling grenades with explosives kickback. I was able to kill everyone including 1 brute using just nades in round 9 & 10 Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 30 (179 Views)
0 Likes