Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2677 posts

Re: Regarding the uselessness of grenades ಠ_ಠ [Support for cake]

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2012

@king cobra

the fuse timer isnt a big deal, i just dont think you should be able to pick up a grenade at the very very end of its fuse.
i also find the fuses quite laggy - sometimes when the icon appears it will stay in the gray zone and you wont be able to it back.
i think it would be better if there was no zone within which you have to press triangle i.e. just press triangle before the throwback timer runs out.

the range at which you can pick up a grenade is the big issue. im not sure whats it actually is but you can regularly pick up grenades that are over 5m away. - it should be a max of 1.5m

what about revenge ?? do people have an issue with the way it currently is and do ye think it should be changed ???

Message 161 of 173 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2012

fake

you should edit the original post to include Revenge Grenades in the discussion - i.e. nerf or change them (make them more like UC2 - take longer to explode and pop up in the air. also move the revenge booster to slot 1 if possible)

Message 162 of 173 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Aug 5, 2012

if it wasn't for revenge I would have hoped there was no throwback option in the game, my solution: take both of them out of the game!:smileywink:

Message 163 of 173 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1986 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2012

It seems like the fuse timer get's reset or at least is extened when it's thrown back which is illogical. Anyone know how long the fuse timer is before detonation?

With regards to the Revenge Booster. Naughty dog probably won't change it. Yes, It can be annoying, but it would help more if said team member has it and is about to drop it with other team member beside player to announce when it's going to drop to avoid team kill.

Message 164 of 173 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Aug 5, 2012
Grenades just need a slightly decreased throwback radius. After that Big2Krew tip, everyone seems to be banking nades anyways. When banked, grenades are pretty effective.

Message 165 of 173 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
69 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I will revive this thread, because it deserves it, and I guess that the Q&A threads are becoming more and more useless for requesting necessary game changes.

I will quote my response to my question in this month:

B_Smiley wrote:

2. Can you make grenade throwback a little more harder? (B_Smiley)

We tuned the grenade throwback to be a bit of a challenge (at first) for all players but still permit mastery after repetition and practice. It’s highly likely you’ve gotten pretty good at throwbacks if you’ve been playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer for a while now. We don’t want to alter it to put new players at a disadvantage so it’s not going to change.

The problem here is that you can't "cook" grenades, and since you can't "cook" grenades in UC3, you can't "manipulate" the grenades' detention timer to avoid the grenade throwback mechanic or get kills with them effectively. Due to this, if a player knows the throwback mechanic and master it, he will have no problem throwing the grenades back, and sadly, the throwback range and timer is high and very forgiving, making it very easy to master.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Explaining-Throwback-Grenades/m...

This thread was created the very same day when UC3 was released detailing the throwback mechanic very well (check the date of the second post, the OP's date is bugged due to the transition. It's actually the date when s/he edited his/her post). I don't see how it's very hard for beginners when on the FIRST DAY the mechanic was FULLY figured out, so most of the players (if not all) will master the mechanic by 1-2 weeks (unless he barely plays the game and in between lengthy breaks).

ND, do you really think it's fine (from game design, balance, LOGIC! ...etc... perspective) that:

1) A player CAN kill you, reload (thanks to the many reload mods), and your throw grenade away.

2) The player's chance of survival to go TOWARD a grenade and throw it back is better than running away from it.

3) The fact that we have to throw a grenade at a 3-4 meter-tall ceiling to get a proper chance for a grenade kill.

Just try it with one of the QA testers who have "mastered" it (or anyone here who can do it and upload a video) and throw grenades at him one after one, and just see how effective the grenades are.

I really hope that you reconsider your position.

Please guys, if my question got 25 kudos in 10 days, I really hope that this thread gets much more support!!

Thank you for your time. :smileyhappy:

Message 166 of 173 (136 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

B_Smiley wrote:

I will revive this thread, because it deserves it, and I guess that the Q&A threads are becoming more and more useless for requesting necessary game changes.

I will quote my response to my question in this month:

B_Smiley wrote:

2. Can you make grenade throwback a little more harder? (B_Smiley)

We tuned the grenade throwback to be a bit of a challenge (at first) for all players but still permit mastery after repetition and practice. It’s highly likely you’ve gotten pretty good at throwbacks if you’ve been playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer for a while now. We don’t want to alter it to put new players at a disadvantage so it’s not going to change.

The problem here is that you can't "cook" grenades, and since you can't "cook" grenades in UC3, you can't "manipulate" the grenades' detention timer to avoid the grenade throwback mechanic or get kills with them effectively. Due to this, if a player knows the throwback mechanic and master it, he will have no problem throwing the grenades back, and sadly, the throwback range and timer is high and very forgiving, making it very easy to master.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Explaining-Throwback-Grenades/m...

This thread was created the very same day when UC3 was released detailing the throwback mechanic very well (check the date of the second post, the OP's date is bugged due to the transition. It's actually the date when s/he edited his/her post). I don't see how it's very hard for beginners when on the FIRST DAY the mechanic was FULLY figured out, so most of the players (if not all) will master the mechanic by 1-2 weeks (unless he barely plays the game and in between lengthy breaks).

ND, do you really think it's fine (from game design, balance, LOGIC! ...etc... perspective) that:

1) A player CAN kill you, reload (thanks to the many reload mods), and your throw grenade away.

2) The player's chance of survival to go TOWARD a grenade and throw it back is better than running away from it.

3) The fact that we have to throw a grenade at a 3-4 meter-tall ceiling to get a proper chance for a grenade kill.

Just try it with one of the QA testers who have "mastered" it (or anyone here who can do it and upload a video) and throw grenades at him one after one, and just see how effective the grenades are.

I really hope that you reconsider your position.

Please guys, if my question got 25 kudos in 10 days, I really hope that this thread gets much more support!!

Thank you for your time. :smileyhappy:

tlousig2
Message 167 of 173 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I've argued for this since 11-11-11.

Its ridiculous. There is no danger for the guy standing next to a grenade. Just finish shooting your opponent, reload, then walk 15ft away from the grenade and throw it back. Easy.

The current setup is extremely noob friendly. And I hate it.
Message 168 of 173 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Dec 24, 2012

This is the best thing ive heard someone say about anything but seriosly u have my support

Message 169 of 173 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
555 posts

Dec 25, 2012

I came for the Cake, stay for the idea, Kudos!

I like cats :3

Message 170 of 173 (68 Views)
0 Likes