Fender Bender
4542 posts

Re: Regarding the Hacked Leaderboards

Nov 13, 2012

Trawnza wrote:

3. Any plans to remove the glitched/hacked player names from the leaderboards? (Shrantellatessa)

Internally, this is has been a vigorous debate for a while now. Let’s throw it back to you guys and gals. What do you think? Start a thread and let’s see what you’re thinking. 

Thanks for the reply, ND. So here is what I think:

It depends whether the leaderboards in question are hacked or not. If it's a bug on ND's end then it won't be fair to ban the players involved for something they didn't do, but if they did hack then of course they need to be banned, no debate needed.

And if it's a bug then ND has to fix it as I highly doubt a competent developer like ND (especially when it comes to single player, engine and graphics) is unable to fix something as simple as its leaderboards.

As a last resort, I'd say reset the player's stats even if it's not their fault because I'm sure their stats can be restored since ND has announced being able to restore the stats of those whose accounts have been randomly reset in the past.

So to make the resetting fair, I suggested ND resets all bugged/glitched accounts and only restores them for the ones who didn't glitch/hack since ND is the only able to tell which ones did and which ones didn't.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (208 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1612 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Shrantellatessa wrote:

Trawnza wrote:

3. Any plans to remove the glitched/hacked player names from the leaderboards? (Shrantellatessa)

Internally, this is has been a vigorous debate for a while now. Let’s throw it back to you guys and gals. What do you think? Start a thread and let’s see what you’re thinking. 

Thanks for the reply, ND. So here is what I think:

It depends whether the leaderboards in question are hacked or not. If it's a bug on ND's end then it won't be fair to ban the players involved for something they didn't do, but if they did hack then of course they need to be banned, no debate needed.

And if it's a bug then ND has to fix it as I highly doubt a competent developer like ND (especially when it comes to single player, engine and graphics) is unable to fix something as simple as its leaderboards.

As a last resort, I'd say reset the player's stats even if it's not their fault because I'm sure their stats can be restored since ND has announced being able to restore the stats of those whose accounts have been randomly reset in the past.

So to make the resetting fair, I suggested ND resets all bugged/glitched accounts and only restores them for the ones who didn't glitch/hack since ND is the only able to tell which ones did and which ones didn't.

Great idea. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1978 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Leave it since the leader boards are a joke. The people on the top have no life. Just play 10 hours each day and you will be number one. Nd should make a average kill rate leader board .
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2021 posts

Nov 14, 2012

i have not once looked at the leaderboards.

Why? Because i dont give 2 **bleep** about it.

Id rather have ND work on things that will make this game better.

Not fix some **bleep** that has no affect on gameplay.

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1978 posts

Nov 14, 2012
I don't give half a **bleep**.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (168 Views)
Wastelander
832 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I would like to see them go away but they're not my first prioity. :smileytongue: 

I don't try to rise that high in the leaderboards but already like 3000 something last time I checked.. :smileyindifferent:

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Honestly, I don't care, but if we're planning to do small fixes so as to not do screwing ups, might as well fix this first.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Nov 20, 2012

HIhi2442 wrote:

Sorry shadow, but you made this thread just to get Kudo's. I'm pretty sure when they said thread, they meant something that's detailed as to why they should remove the hacked/glitched account. Not a thread made just because you can.

Does he really need a detailed thread about why ND should remove the hackings?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (112 Views)
Splicer
87 posts

Nov 20, 2012
people who care this much about the leaderboards are pathetic.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I say why fix it, if you play any game for stats and not for fun then you are sad the leaderboard is just for people to say im better than you.

Do you know how many people boost and cheat just to get higher on the leaderboard this is in any game thats why you see people hack the leaderboard kids put the top score on the leaderboard so people will say he is the best just sad if it was up to me there would be no leaderboard the stats can stay only if it just shows your wins and objective points no loses and no KDR.

You would still be able look at the leaderboard at the ND website but only at the ND website not in the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (85 Views)
0 Likes