Highlighted
Nov 13 2011
By: LJII19 First Son 25 posts

Rank all the Uncharted villains from best to worst(spoilers)

20 replies 10676 views Edited Nov 13, 2011

Talbot

-probably the best villain Amy Hennig came up with. A mysterious, cunning and dangerous person who really gets under your skin. One of Drake's greatest rivals

Eddy Raja/Harry Flynn

-this seriously does not need any explanation.

Atoq Navarro

-another great rival for Nate. The way ND wrote his character from being a henchman to taking the reigns as a full blown villain towards the end was fantastic.

Gabriel Roman

-a villain who commits terrible deeds but does it with sophistication and finesse. I like that.

Zoran Lazarevich

-as a villain, he was really excellent. He carried that terrifying charisma that a only a real warlord could. The only thing that put him in this place is the fact that he's a sterotype of 80's action movie villains. Big and Bulky? Check. Scars? Check. And most importantly: Foreign? Check.

Katherin Marlowe

-All right, so she didn't really do anything as her henchmen took care of almost everything. Again, her character arc fits  into one of those "boss" villains who mostly rely on their right hand man to do their bidding and not putting up any kind of fight during the final confronatation. But what makes her special is her psychological tactics.

Rameses

-Didn't do much. He had his own agendas of finding Ubar himself by using Drake that added inches to his character but unfortunately, that wasn't enough for him to become memorable.

Lieutnant Draza

-terrible, terrible character who stood there for decoration. He had potential to turn into Drake's rival in the middle of the game but that was just wasted.

Message 13 of 21 (10,676 Views)
Naughty Paw
20291 posts

Flynn, Eddy, Talbot, Navarro, Roman, Lazarevic, Rameses,...

Nov 11, 2011
Flynn, Eddy, Talbot, Navarro, Roman, Lazarevic, Rameses, Marlowe, Draza.

Marlowe was surprisingly absent from A LOT of UC3, which made me place her low.
Message 1 of 21 (10,676 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

Talbot Marlowe Flynn Eddy Roman Navarro Lazarevic Rameses...

Nov 11, 2011

Talbot

Flynn

Marlowe

Eddy

Roman

Navarro

Lazarevic

Rameses

Draza

Feeling really lazy right now, so not going into detail on them, lol.  But yeah, that's my order.

----------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 21 (10,676 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2118 posts

I'm not going to rank all, but these are my top 5s   1) T...

Nov 11, 2011

I'm not going to rank all, but these are my top 5s

1) Talbot

Talbot's role in Uncharted 3 is certainly shown as he seems to practiced magic, the fact he's still alive after he's being shot by Cutter dead on, dissappear in dead-ends and able to use dart-shooting drug on both Drake and Cutter made up for it. For a right-hand man, he seems to taken control just about anything, which leads me to a confusing conclusion that who really is the main villian in this game: Talbot or Marlowe?

After playing through the 2nd time, I found that Talbot is the true villian more so than Marlowe, despite of his own role. Robin Atkin Downes did a great job again to make the character sound very natural for a British accent. I would say he should get more time to develop for more character along with Marlowe, as both are under-developed.

2) Atoq Navarro

Navarro really took a surprise from me when he lead Roman to his doom from El dorado's curse, this took a huge turn for his perspective from being a simple henchmen to know more than he looks. What I really like about Navarro's character is his way of thinking is just pure evil, it really holds up for making him a great villian. 

3) Harry Flynn

Flynn is probably my most hated villian from the Uncharted series, against that what makes him a great villian. Aside from his constant mistakes and slow-thinking. He relied on others to do the job for him; an example is when he left Chloe in the Monastary for her to solve the puzzle while talking "smoothly" to Lazarevic. 

Flynn is considered a love/hate character because of its character development, we saw how he met Drake, betrayed him and becoming an enemy, thus talking Drake with a great extend of his ego (cockiness), as he gets more screen time in Uncharted 2 than Lazarevic.

From my personal view, this sort of person that gets really under my skin of all times, hence my reason for hating Flynn. I always get great satisfaction for killing him in multiplayer (thank god for co-op adventure). 

4) Eddy Raja

The chemistry between Drake and Eddy are great even the first time we see him on Drake's Fortune, hell, even on Eye of Indra. In honesty, Eddy isn't really an villian, he just having his heavy grudge against Drake for "beating him to the punch" (although Eddy was meant to betray Drake in the first place) after being betrayed by also Rika (his own sister) and Roman, that must've taken a blown for him by a lot which I can sympathize with.

What makes everybody love him is his lines and accent, even adding vulgar words (bule, konyok, bangsat) and speaking his own foregin language seems to enrich the character by alot. James Sie did an awesome job for making Eddy a really lovable villain character. Though I really wonder if the actor itself know what these words even mean, because I do. 

Unfortunately, he met his demise when one of the descendants bite him. Truly he's one of the character have the potiential to be a main villain.

5) Katherine Marlowe

Truly an underdeveloped character, we only get to see her in like 4 scenes out of the whole game. She didn't get that much lines to say either. But what shines her character out during the conversation with Drake, she have a true evil mindset that digs her foe "wonder what you really afraid of" and their past. Marlowe leave us a curious mark of who is really Nathan if it's not his real name at all.

Aside from the villian traits, she also have an unexpected strict motherly figure type when she talks during the beginning of the scenes. That's probably what Amy Henning and others mentioned Rosalind Ayres bringing her an unexpected character. For some reason, I feel sad for her death in the end, either because she doesn't have enough character development for us to "hate" her or could be entirely something else. 

Honestly, I love all villains, except for Rameses and Draza.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 21 (10,676 Views)
I Only Post Everything
959 posts

Talbot because I hated him. Zoran because he's a mean Ser...

Nov 11, 2011

Talbot because I hated him.

Zoran because he's a mean Serbian. :smileyvery-happy:

Roman because he was kind of normal.

Eddy because he was funny and you don't mess with him.

Atoq... not that much of a boss to me.

Marlowe... 15 minutes of screentime. Nuff said.

Flynn... pretty uninteresting guy imo

Draza... no comment.

Rameses takes the worst spot because he was just really dumb. 

TF3:HWS
Message 4 of 21 (10,676 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

Talbot, Navarro, Raja, Rameses, Marlowe, Flynn, Lazarevic...

Nov 11, 2011

LJII19 wrote:

Talbot

-probably the best villain Amy Hennig came up with. A mysterious, cunning and dangerous person who really gets under your skin. One of Drake's greatest rivals

Eddy Raja/Harry Flynn

-this seriously does not need any explanation.

Atoq Navarro

-another great rival for Nate. The way ND wrote his character from being a henchman to taking the reigns as a full blown villain towards the end was fantastic.

Gabriel Roman

-a villain who commits terrible deeds but does it with sophistication and finesse. I like that.

Zoran Lazarevich

-as a villain, he was really excellent. He carried that terrifying charisma that a only a real warlord could. The only thing that put him in this place is the fact that he's a sterotype of 80's action movies. Big and Bulky? Check. Scars? Check. And most importantly: Foreign? Check.

Katherin Marlowe

-All right, so she didn't really do anything as her henchmen took care of almost everything. Again, her character arc fits  into one of those "boss" villains who mostly rely on their right hand man to do their bidding and not putting up any kind of fight during the final confronatation. But what makes her special is her psychological tactics.

Rameses

-Didn't do much. He had his own agendas of finding Ubar himself by using Drake that added inches to his character but unfortunately, that wasn't enough for him to become memorable.

Lieutnant Draza

-terrible, terrible character who stood there for decoration. He had potential to turn into Drake's rival in the middle of the game but that was just wasted.

Talbot, Navarro, Raja, Rameses, Marlowe, Flynn, Lazarevich, Roman, Draza

Message 5 of 21 (10,676 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Marlowe Talbot Lazarevic Flynn Eddy Rameses Roman Navarro...

Nov 11, 2011

Marlowe

Talbot

Lazarevic

Flynn

Eddy

Rameses

Roman

Navarro

Draza

Message 6 of 21 (10,676 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Flynn Eddy/Talbot Lazarevich Navarro Roman Marlowe Ramese...

Nov 11, 2011

Flynn

Eddy/Talbot

Lazarevich

Navarro

Roman

Marlowe

Rameses/Draza

Message 7 of 21 (10,676 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

Depends on the criteria... I *hated* Flynn, but that was...

Nov 11, 2011

Depends on the criteria... I *hated* Flynn, but that was personal... On the otherhand I loved the character... so I guess I go with my heart...

Navarro - scores points for screwing over his boss.
Marlowe - Creepy and cool. I LOVED her coat, too.
Rameses - "You're a PIRATE!" "And a very good businessman."
Eddy - I don't like him as much as some, but he was good for laughs.
Roman - I loved his dialogue. "Manners, boy, this is only business."
Lazarevich - A bit bland, maybe.

Talbot - ... Not sure really on him yet.
Draza - Meh... who? :smileywink:
Flynn. Why?

I hold grudges.

Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 21 (10,676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Here's my top 3 Atoq Navarro: He was able to fool everyon...

Nov 12, 2011

Here's my top 3

Atoq Navarro:

He was able to fool everyone right until the end of the game. He was also responsible for the best boss fight in Uncharted (which isn't saying much, mind you).
Katherine Marlowe:

She may have not had much screen time, but that isn't that important now, is it? (*cough*Hannibal*cough*)
She is never shown doing anything worse than she has to to reach her goal (unlike Lazarevic shooting Jeff, Flynn blowing everyone to smithereens or Roman shooting Sully), and she gets under drake's skin. I really liked her.
Talbot:

He made both Cutter and Drake to be "trippin' balls" with just a tiny dart, and all his lines fit perfectly into the character, but he would have scored higher had he not yelled "NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" after marlowe died and chased and nearly killed the man who actually tried to save her.

Message 9 of 21 (10,676 Views)
0 Likes