Nov 29 2012
By: gunnsandwiches42 Fender Bender 2477 posts

RPG Plunder Lab Too Frustrating

52 replies 520 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

Ok so it's not completely terrible. This lab can actually be quite fun. But a couple things hold it back, making it horrible for randoms:

1) Handing out limitless PWs in a Plunder mode is a bad idea. It worked with Tbolt Pistoles because a tbolt takes skill to use. A RPG, of course, can be blindfired, so any idiot can use it. So all the RPGs just makes this Lab way to frustrating in conjunction with ...

2) 5v5 is too many people. Tbolt Pistole Lab was 3v3. It was amazing. Instead of 10 Tbolters running around, it was only 6. 10 idiots (or 9) running around with RPGs is simply too many. The amount of team kills, for one, is staggering.

3) Boosters are enabled. Why the hell are they enabled? Talk about inconsistent. Some Labs have them, others don't. Any Plunder Lab should NOT have boosters. Why? Because they give people YET ANOTHER reason to ignore the Idol. So now not only do they have RPGs galore and Mags for easy kills, they ALSO have the ability to level Exp. Shell, Weapons Expert, ect. That just is not smart. Not to mention all the Cloaked folks who just sit back in the shadows camping for easy kills.

This Lab is pretty much unplayable as a random (as I just learned). Which should not be a surprise, since ND seems commited to letting boosters and kill farmers run Plunder.  However, this reality could be partially alleviated if teams were smaller (less clutter, smaller chance of being team killed, ect.) and boosters were NOT enabled (more focus on the Idol).

And Paid Boosters too? I dont get it.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 1 of 53 (520 Views)
MVP Support
12481 posts

Re: RPG Plunder Lab Too Frustrating

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Wouldn’t you like people to have the option of using Team Safe in an explosive-oriented lab like this one?

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 2 of 53 (502 Views)
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I love the lab, I've been doing some awesome Mag-5 snipage.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 3 of 53 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2203 posts

Nov 29, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Ok so it's not completely terrible. This lab can actually be quite fun. But a couple things hold it back, making it horrible for randoms:

1) Handing out limitless PWs in a Plunder mode is a bad idea. It worked with Tbolt Pistoles because a tbolt takes skill to use. A RPG, of course, can be blindfired, so any idiot can use it. So all the RPGs just makes this Lab way to frustrating in conjunction with ...

The RPG only has 2 rounds and needs to be used carefully

2) 5v5 is too many people. Tbolt Pistole Lab was 3v3. It was amazing. Instead of 10 Tbolters running around, it was only 6. 10 idiots (or 9) running around with RPGs is simply too many. The amount of team kills, for one, is staggering.

5v5 plunder is alot more fun than 2 teams of 3 

3) Boosters are enabled. Why the hell are they enabled? Talk about inconsistent. Some Labs have them, others don't. Any Plunder Lab should NOT have boosters. Why? Because they give people YET ANOTHER reason to ignore the Idol. So now not only do they have RPGs galore and Mags for easy kills, they ALSO have the ability to level Exp. Shell, Weapons Expert, ect. That just is not smart. Not to mention all the Cloaked folks who just sit back in the shadows camping for easy kills.

Since this mode has alot of explosions im sure most players would like to have team safe. Besides theres not really anything that can be OP with an RP

This Lab is pretty much unplayable as a random (as I just learned). Which should not be a surprise, since ND seems commited to letting boosters and kill farmers run Plunder.  However, this reality could be partially alleviated if teams were smaller (less clutter, smaller chance of being team killed, ect.) and boosters were NOT enabled (more focus on the Idol). I've played this lab by myself and have had very little problems. The addition of boosters is no problem unless they are using revenge

Simple dont like the new lab, dont play it.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 4 of 53 (476 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Nov 29, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Wouldn’t you like people to have the option of using Team Safe in an explosive-oriented lab like this one?

No.

What's the point of choice, when most people use revenge.

None of the other Explosive Labs had boosters that I can think of.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 5 of 53 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

The RPG only has 2 rounds and needs to be used carefully. There is RPG ammo everywhere from dead people. Its basically unlimed RPGs

5v5 plunder is alot more fun than 2 teams of 3 . Disagree. But like i said, we learned this lesson in the amazing 3v3 sniper pistole lab. Plunder Power Weapons lab with smaller teams is the way to go

Since this mode has alot of explosions im sure most players would like to have team safe. Besides theres not really anything that can be OP with an RP. I have seen mostly revenge and monkey man. Not even back in the saddle. Whats the point of choice when most players dont even chose TS? I didnt say boosters are OP here. the problem is that they encourage people to booser farm--a big no no.

I've played this lab by myself and have had very little problems. The addition of boosters is no problem unless they are using revenge. Lucky for you

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 6 of 53 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Since this mode has alot of explosions im sure most players would like to have team safe. Besides theres not really anything that can be OP with an RP

This Lab is pretty much unplayable as a random (as I just learned). Which should not be a surprise, since ND seems commited to letting boosters and kill farmers run Plunder.  However, this reality could be partially alleviated if teams were smaller (less clutter, smaller chance of being team killed, ect.) and boosters were NOT enabled (more focus on the Idol). I've played this lab by myself and have had very little problems. The addition of boosters is no problem unless they are using revenge

I agree with everything you said! The only problem I faced at this lab was lag but that's already part of all modes, therefore it's the new "normal". Other than that I did got team killed, sometimes accidentally, sometimes on purpose which led me to kick the one who did it on purpose. 

Anyway, like you said, having only 2 RPGs, or 3 in case of Weapon Shell Expert, makes much fun to play this since eventually you'll be without RPGs for some time. And also, the Lab it's supposed to be kind of crazy and with different things. You should play normal Plunder if you're complaining about the RPGs.

And in canse you forgot, Kills and Deaths don't count in Plunder so you shouldn't be afraid of getting blown up Smiley Happy 

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 7 of 53 (451 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Nov 29, 2012

lucascampanha wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

I agree with everything you said! The only problem I faced at this lab was lag but that's already part of all modes, therefore it's the new "normal". Other than that I did got team killed, sometimes accidentally, sometimes on purpose which led me to kick the one who did it on purpose. 

Anyway, like you said, having only 2 RPGs, or 3 in case of Weapon Shell Expert, makes much fun to play this since eventually you'll be without RPGs for some time. And also, the Lab it's supposed to be kind of crazy and with different things. You should play normal Plunder if you're complaining about the RPGs.

And in canse you forgot, Kills and Deaths don't count in Plunder so you shouldn't be afraid of getting blown up Smiley Happy 

Exactly, In the lab dont care about your win/loss or KDR just go have a good time. Its what games are supposed to do.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 8 of 53 (445 Views)
Wastelander
555 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I actually like it, got some pretty good kills in it :/

I like cats :3

Message 9 of 53 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6887 posts

Nov 29, 2012

1) I just agree that explosive labs suck to me

2)well the amount of players is debateable really, it wouldn't change the fact at what the people do if it is less.

3)It is just recently that they decided to start adding boosters to weapon labs. People have been wanting boosters for more variety, it was added in the last weapon lab (sniper/pistole TO). Also about booster leveling, the only booster that they can easily level in this mode would be ESE, cloaked will be difficult with explosions everywhere, WE is impossible w/o a long gun. I guess you can technically level scoped-in with shooting rockets across the map...but thats impractical.

I think boosters should stay personally, better to have people level them in a mode where stats don't matter than to ruin plunder and TO games leveling them. Not to mention it adds spice to how people play, and it helps avoid some teamkilling as well in explosive labs.

Although it was pretty obvious that this lab was gonna be crap the second it showed RPG considering how awful the TDM one was.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 10 of 53 (415 Views)