Nov 28 2012
By: SN-A-A-A-KE Lombax Warrior 192 posts

Quick Boom rises once again!

[ Edited ]
47 replies 666 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

Quick Boom is having a huge comeback lately and that's not a good thing in my opinion. This kickback is extremely annoying.

Naughty Dog nerfed it once. That was back in the days when almost everyone used it and it was clearly overpowered. It seemed acceptable for a while, but not anymore. I wish QB wasn't in the game, but it's here to stay so...

The worst thing about this kickback is that it's a stealth kickback. And that's what I want ND to change. The QB-user should either have a small symbol above his head, only visible when in your sight of course, or the red colour that you see when QB is actiavted should be visible all the time.

It should not stay as it is. Right now, it's just terrible. Besides, the new matchmaking is unaccapetable, even after the latest changes. No way this is ping-based. In every match I see heavy laggers amongst my opponents (not all of them though). I have a good connection and I did not see so much lag before the level-based madness. It also makes QB (and some other kickbacks) so much worse because even if you escape, you didn't on the laggers screen and you still die.

What do you think? Would you support such changes?

Message 1 of 48 (666 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Re: Quick Boom rises once again!

Nov 28, 2012

Gave kudos. Quick Boom is ridiculously annoying. And I use it from time to time too, it's way to easy to kill with. I have no consciencse :smileywink:

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Message 2 of 48 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Lol why did that grenade blow up instantaneously ? Quick boom or lag you decide. Not that I think anything will happen or that its a MAJOR issue but an identifying symbol above the users head would make sense or a symbol in the kill feed letting you know that you've been quick boomed just like the cluster and mega bombs. It should be and always should have been 1 impact grenade and not a time period. Match making is more important. I'm having regularly unplayable matches now and I've never had that before.
Message 3 of 48 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10153 posts

Nov 28, 2012

What I was thinking is that why is this not named "Instaboom"?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 4 of 48 (642 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Agree on everything, but let us not forget that these QB idiots can literally stand right next to you and ONLY YOU blow up.

Thats annoys me the most, I use the RPG or Hammer KB and it takes really some practice when it comes to close quarter combats.

A) You have to aim b) The blast radius(RPG) is much smaller 3) Often blow me up by myself

But these QBers can spamming the **bleep** of this KB.

@stunt

I called it LAGboom since the beginning.

It shouldnt be nerfed, it should go to hell with every single ROF mod.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 5 of 48 (629 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10153 posts

Nov 28, 2012

@ Flawless Plausible, but making it have a timer that's fast is better if they can't be bothered to remove it (because QB freaks would, well, freak out). I mean, Quick boom, not Instaboom, right?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 6 of 48 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6157 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I never saw a low on QB personally. Every single time I played a competitive mdoe I would see 1-2 guys using it and everytime I get killed by it I see it as unfair seeing as theres no risk to it, and if they die while activating it, unlike most offensive kickbacks, they still have it.

I always thought it would be better to have the kickback as follows-1/2 the amount of time to blow up and its sticky as in it cant be thrown back. Not to OP and it is still escapeable.

photo Sniper.png
Message 7 of 48 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

I think a fix for quickboom is to make it do half damage and make it cost 8 medals then the counter would be teamsafe.

This way quickboom would just stun you without teamsafe to kill you he would have to use both grenades so it would be the same as an rpg with some differences.

Message 8 of 48 (594 Views)
Wastelander
793 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I've been using a little bit more lately. I know it's not much of a fair fight but it's the best thing to counter laggers, unfortunately :smileysad:

Plus I'm getting sick of being quickeboomed on my back...

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 9 of 48 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Nov 28, 2012

It is the best kickback, if I didn't care about KD I would use it.

Message 10 of 48 (552 Views)
0 Likes