Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Re: Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: December Edition

Dec 3, 2012
Do you, Naughty Dog, plan on supporting the Uncharted franchise after Uncharted 3?
Message 21 of 230 (786 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Will any of the removed features from the Betas return? (Heavy Bullets, changing taunts mid-game, skins talking when high-fiving, a lot more Objective related lines, and many other things). I've noticed recently that Draza still says "They didn't even see us coming!", but none of the other skins do, which is a real shame.

Would it be possible to bring the Wes-44 to Classic Mode? I've wanted to try it out in competitive for a long time, as do many others, so this would be the best way without any balance issues.

Any plans to actually fix match making and the lag? Or is this it?

How many Naughty Dog employees are still currently working on the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer?
Pepsi
Message 22 of 230 (779 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Do you plan on releasing all dlc maps for free? If so, when?

Message 23 of 230 (776 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

Will you do anything else for Co-op Treasures?  I know your last reply was about a Rare Treasure Drop Weekend?  But please consider  on other ideas to improve Treasure Drops "Mainly for Co-op" .  

Look at this Thread----> http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/SUPPORT-Co-Op-Treasure-Changes-53-Kudo...

Also Technical fixes please! 

Thank you!

Message 24 of 230 (763 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1200 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Question: Are you planning to improve the matchmaking further or even revert to the original matchmaking?

The lag is unbearable even after the latest changes and the matchmaking often doesn't even work the way it is supposed to. It seems that more and more people leave this game because of the heavy lag we all experience every day.

Message 25 of 230 (761 Views)
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Dec 3, 2012

How many more patches will you bring out for U3 and how long do you plan on supporting U3?

Message 26 of 230 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
724 posts

Dec 3, 2012
How about a "Fortune Hunter's Club 2"? More content, modes (mercenary tdm for example), skins, block mesh map packs (competitive and co-op arena/shades), uncut map packs (maps that didn't make the final cut), solo arena (this can be helpful by letting us improve our skills for competitive mode), and custom co-op arena (we choose the enemy count, weapons, time, map editor, where we choose to put the idols, siege areas and so on; and modes to play and in what order). Uncharted 3 still has a large community and if the devs are willing to keep expanding, us, players will respond. It's been over a year since its release and people still buy the added taunts and character add-ons. There is a ton that can still be added and improved upon and we are willing to pay to get more.
Message 27 of 230 (716 Views)
Wastelander
555 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Are you guys gonna add more customization items in the next patch?

I like cats :3

Message 28 of 230 (689 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4401 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Will you consider adding more stopping power when aiming and removing it when blindfiring or hipfiring? This is a good compromise in which the majority of the community wanted to fix the blindfire/hipfire issue for balance without tweaking the blindfire/hipfire system. The following link should help: http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Blindfire-weapon-balancing-...

Is Uncharted 4 now in development for PS4? The claim is in the following link: http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Uncharted-4-is-coming-Soon-...

Ever thought of developing Jak 4?

Ever thought of giving Doughnut Drake and Pump taunt for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal? I enjoy using Nathan Drake. Smiley Happy

Will Last of Us contain more single-player opinions and crazy tweaks similar to Uncharted 2 ones? The more, the higher the replay value is!

Will The Last of Us contain competitive MP? If so, will the co-op modes receive more support unlike Uncharted? I just prefer co-op for this kind of game. Actually, I want more SP DLC fair and square. Will you consider that? Some people want the game to be pure SP.

What made you decide to change some major features, such as hitboxes, blindfire, and sprint during the transition from the summer beta to Subway beta? 

Do you regret the changes from the summer beta to the Subway beta and some decisions following the launch and a year later? Of course, we don't have to get in the blame game.

What have you learned from developing and tweaking Uncharted 3 SP and MP? A huge summary or list of "50 important things I have learned" would be nice.

Still working and stressful? How's Eric? Arne? Cogburn? Evang? Zod? Jacob Minkoff? Everybody at Naughty Dog Studio?

Happy Holidays!

EDIT: Now that there are some detailed info about TLoU MP, perhaps "Stay tuned..." isn't the right answer.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 29 of 230 (685 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7480 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Serious question: Since release of U3, have you had any times when making changes to the game where you went with what the community wanted over what you thought was best? (I'm not talking about us convincing you to change something and you agreeing with us in the end, I mean that while you made the change did you also still disagree with the change being made but did it anyways for the community)

Message 30 of 230 (665 Views)