Wastelander
634 posts

Re: Problems for late joining & Solutions of late joining

Jan 8, 2013

My solution for fixing late join in the team modes....

If you join late, you can only get a win in the game.....No matter what happens though, you don't get a loss.

I mean, seems like 80% of the time I get involved in a late join game, I end up joining on a team that is losing....Probably because people have quit because they're losing.....

Anyways, I'd have no problem with it it if I could only get a win froim this situation if I help bring our team back to win.  But I shouldn't get penalized with a loss that I probably had little to do with.

I doubt you'd have as many complaints in that case.  People hate late join because they wind up with cheap losses.

Message 41 of 51 (266 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Jan 8, 2013

tts42572 wrote:

My solution for fixing late join in the team modes....

If you join late, you can only get a win in the game.....No matter what happens though, you don't get a loss.

I mean, seems like 80% of the time I get involved in a late join game, I end up joining on a team that is losing....Probably because people have quit because they're losing.....

Anyways, I'd have no problem with it it if I could only get a win froim this situation if I help bring our team back to win.  But I shouldn't get penalized with a loss that I probably had little to do with.

I doubt you'd have as many complaints in that case.  People hate late join because they wind up with cheap losses.

& a handy dandy timer and points (Maybe not cause this may cause an increase of XMB quiters) 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 42 of 51 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

This could be technologically impossible for UC3, but I think this would be best.
1. If you join a team that's losing, and end up losing, you don't get a loss
2. If you join a team that's losing or tied, and end up winning, you get a win
3. If you join a team that's winning or tied, and you end up losing, you get a loss
4. If you join a team that's winning, and end up winning, no stats are counted.
1 is most common, so I think if this system isn't possible, then wins/losses should never count in late join games.

Message 43 of 51 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Quitting time penalties. Best way to go. Honestly, would anyone notice the difference, you wait a long time either way.

Also, tap's idea (no loss when you quit in certain conditions)
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 44 of 51 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Jan 11, 2013

O.K! Husker, I've implemented your idea to the thread, I've found it completely perfect to add in the game, including tap's & Blenn's ideas Smiley Very Happy I really thank you for the ideas keep posting & submitting ideas! ND will listen! 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 45 of 51 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 11, 2013

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

ND will listen! 

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 46 of 51 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Smiley Very Happy lmfao, look, ND may not listen to a lot of sh!t, but c'mon this is a full idea.
Message 47 of 51 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 12, 2013
ND dont like advice especially if its better than what they were able to come up with their selves
Message 48 of 51 (165 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
ND dont like advice especially if its better than what they were able to come up with their selves 

Message 49 of 51 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Weeeeeeelll . . . .This threads dead, i've implemented more ideas btw Smiley Happy 

Message 50 of 51 (146 Views)
0 Likes