Survivor
2689 posts

Re: Problems for late joining & Solutions of late joining

Jan 8, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

having you loose some XP would be good also like UC2 (after the second quit you lost XP cash)

ya lowering you XP would help a lot.

Are you serious? LOL

I guess you've never met Level 1 green badge tryhards using SA and Blain/Dillon in UC2 MP. Smiley Indifferent No, it's not a good thing and I explained why.

ps: Don't forget that you can also abuse the level-based matchmaking.

yes im serious, why ???, explain again just for me,

wat was wrong with loosing some XP if you quit a lot - since people loved being a high level so much i.e. just playing to increase rank they wouldnt quit if it ment loosing some XP.

no i cant say that i have met any level 1 with SA - i dont believe you could use the boosters if you fell below the rank they required if i remember correctly ??

what sad people would drop all the way down to rank to low ranks even in the double digits (would take forever anyways), i know matchmaking was based on rank - but the tryhards loved their high KDRs, if you dies an awful lot and lowered it - it would be impossible to increase your ratio to as high as it was - thats why there were alts - they were low rank but their KDRs were very high since they died so little.

the ranking in the ranked playlist in UC2 was a better method of matchmaking and should have been applied to all modes and UC3 also.

there shouldnt be any legacies and it shouldnt require a rank to unlock and buy boosters and stuff (should just cost money, and set a money cap)

Message 21 of 51 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Yes, some sad people de-levelled all the way back to Level 1. You could leave your console turned on all night in UC2 MP to de-level and go to sleep.

Yes, you could use SA, Fleet Foot and other boosters.

I also remember this guy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/555439

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Uncharted-Series-General/Permanent-Level-1/m-p/18557878

The point is that a money penalty doesn't really help, because it is abusable and it punishes people who really have to go.

On the other hand, a time penalty would be better to prevent quitting (many people have confessed that).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 22 of 51 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

i thought you boosters were locked again until you reached that rank, i got deranked one level before while eating but i guess im wrong.
anyways good thing leaving it on all night doesnt work anymore - you go back to the lobby.
also i dont get the point of it ?? - just to play noobs ??, he mush not have cared about his KDR ??, at least thats something (good) LOL.

there are times when you have to quit and join another game and maybe even quit that game again just because the players are knobheads (e.g. just camping in the spot in LU waiting for people to come - what do we do about that ??? - i am not going to give them my time. i dont want to be waiting 90 secs to possibly join more knobheads. also you get kicked so often in UC3 it would annoy people a lot

there should be a money cap anyways (say you can only have e.g. 100000 max at any one time, no more, you have to spend it, you cant just stock-pile and have a big wad of money in you pocket - it would solve lots of problem.
(if boosters wouldnt be locked to high ranks which would be good and fair for noobs - could go straight for whatever one you want but if you want to get all boosters it would still take a while since you would have to build up cash each time and buy them.

then that money penelty would work wonders (up until people have everything bought anyways LOL)

anyways I like the XP penelty - just make it better - if boosters were locked when you went below the level they require and matchmaking was based on ranked mode from UC2 - it would be great.

im not completely against time peneltys - its just this game is so full of knobheads and bugs/glitches and bad stuff.

the real solution would be to remove the bugs and knobheads Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 51 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Regarding knobheads, they can give you an option to quit in the first 1-2 minutes without getting any time penalty, as long as you don't kill anyone. It would also be useful for people who want to join a friend's party.

I hate it when someone quits AFTER he has killed me and I have no chance to retaliate... I'm OK if some people wanna quit in the start of the match (it doesn't really ruin the flow of the game at that point). I just don't like dοuchebags who kill someone and quit shortly after that.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 24 of 51 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 8, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Regarding knobheads, they can give you an option to quit in the first 1-2 minutes without getting any time penalty, as long as you don't kill anyone. It would also be useful for people who want to join a friend's party.

I hate it when someone quits AFTER he has killed me and I have no chance to retaliate... I'm OK if some people wanna quit in the start of the match (it doesn't really ruin the flow of the game at that point). I just don't like dοuchebags who kill someone and quit shortly after that.

good idea, i support (should be able to quit in lobby also and join friends game in progress if theres space), but how would you know there are knobheads i.e. you might kill one person, then knobheads everywhere Smiley LOL

i hate it when someone quits just cuz im better than them and i kill then a few times and they try to kill me but i am just too good and kill them again, and people who wait till its late in the game and quit (i was on a team of 2 vs 5 for a long while, i am kool with that, then my buddy quits after staying for so long just cuz we are outnumbered and loosing

Message 25 of 51 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I really think a 30 second penalty would work out Smiley Happy 2nd time a 90 second & so on. Thank you very much for your thoughts & recommendations Smiley Happy 

tapantaola wrote:

^ Another good thought to, if you gotten over one kill & you quit, the penalty would be in effect. 

@Blenn, I'll make sure to change the color. 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 26 of 51 (211 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Problems for late joining & Solutions of late joining

Jan 8, 2013

What do you guys think about implementing time & points (Maybe not points because XMB quiters) on map pictures on the left corner? 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 27 of 51 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 8, 2013
@ Frenz see that you do

great idea, ND probably wont be able to do it though (frinends list takes so long to update)
Message 28 of 51 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Jan 8, 2013

It takes about 10 seconds to load. That really isn't a problemo. 

Message 29 of 51 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

ur lucky you changed the colour so quickly or else Smiley Mad,

if its possible for UC3 it would be great

matchmaking and joining game fixes alone wont solve the knobhead situation - if things were properly balanced and fair there wouldnt be so many of them,

Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 51 (191 Views)
0 Likes